Cab/bed alignment

Got the box aligned on my 2019 at4, it had to be moved over half inch from drivers side to passenger side,  looks way better now, iam happy, just the brake squawk noise I get first few minutes when it’s cold , dealer said it’s normally operation , my 2014 didn’t nor did my 2007, 2005, 1999, or the 6 other GM trucks I’ve owned from the 80’s and 70’s, 

8D417900-AF38-4420-84BB-70BEBF51682D.jpeg

15 minutes ago, At4Troy said:

Got the box aligned on my 2019 at4, it had to be moved over half inch from drivers side to passenger side,  looks way better now, iam happy, just the brake squawk noise I get first few minutes when it’s cold , dealer said it’s normally operation , my 2014 didn’t nor did my 2007, 2005, 1999, or the 6 other GM trucks I’ve owned from the 80’s and 70’s, 

2020 AT4, I get the early morning/cold squeal the first 2-3 times I brake. 

• 1 month later...

So today i was at the locale dealership picking up some special order parts. I asked for the parts breakdown on the bed shims/bolts,the gal asked why ? I was in the service department yesterday for the bed alignment problem on my truck. Basically the service department manager told me your shit out of luck you drive it off the lot like that its on you. The parts gal said did you try the other dealer in town,i said ya that will be my next try.Then she started to look for any bulletins on it and guess what [#19-NA-257 ] Pickup Box Out of Alinment  Poped up. So i went back to the service writer and showed him the bulletin, he made a copy and said he would get back to me, so we will see how this turns out. So if your dealing with this BS problem on a 50,000 dollar truck get a copy of this  #19-NA-257   when you head in to the shop to get them to fix it.

IMG_4937.JPG

IMG_4940.JPG

IMG_4941.JPG

Concerning th bed alignment.  It's a 1 hour job  did mine myself to avoid all the BS. Mine is a 2020 GMC Elevation.

There is a plastic guide pin in the front right corner.

Loosen  the six bed bolts until they are almost out. Leave them in so you don't  contact the cab with the bed. This fixes the horizontal  adjustment. You need shims for the vertical. 

Left the front right corner  about an inch take a hacksaw blade just the blade and cut the plastic  guide pin on the top of the shim between the bed and shim..

Drop the bed ,move where  you want tighten it down. Done

Edited by Mark Peterson
Misspelling

On 1/10/2020 at 8:34 PM, At4Troy said:

Brake pad squeal is a common issue die to the materials used in modern brake pads. Especially ceramic brake pads.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So who all has had the repair done according to the TSB? Purchased a 2020 Silverado 2 weeks ago and was wondering why things looked off in the drivers side mirror. Lines don’t match up and if I stand behind the truck, the drivers side rear wheel sits in the fender well further than the passengers side rear does. When measuring, drivers side of bed appears to be about 3/4” higher than passengers side. 

Took it to dealer this morning and have appt for next week. Also called the dealers body shop, they told me to bring it by and let them look at it. I feel more comfortable with the body shop working on it rather than someone in the service dept. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2020 at 1:09 PM, sod78 said:

So who all has had the repair done according to the TSB? Purchased a 2020 Silverado 2 weeks ago and was wondering why things looked off in the drivers side mirror. Lines don’t match up and if I stand behind the truck, the drivers side rear wheel sits in the fender well further than the passengers side rear does. When measuring, drivers side of bed appears to be about 3/4” higher than passengers side. 

Took it to dealer this morning and have appt for next week. Also called the dealers body shop, they told me to bring it by and let them look at it. I feel more comfortable with the body shop working on it rather than someone in the service dept. 

Just noticed this on my 2020 LTZ. Looks to be the same issue as many on here; driver’s side of bed is sunk in about 1/2” and also about 1/3” high of the “body line” on the cab. 

I’m taking it in along with the TSB (thanks for finding this btw) tomorrow or next week. Will report back on how it all goes.