Cab/bed alignment

Anyone else notice that their cab/ bed are out of alignment? I've had my AT4 for about a week now, and when I first noticed this in my mirror I thought I was losing it..

On the driver's side of my truck the cab sticks out at least a good 1/4" past the bed side, and the body line doesn't line up. The passenger side is flush and laser straight.

I tried taking a couple photos, but it's quite difficult to capture with reflections. Am I the only one? Is this worth making a big deal about? 8388124f16a738bde132f507db61a96f.jpg525e664f18fe77c9bf7387c9ae98bd3e.jpgf5ce965db587455c5997ca318b630cb2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Yes, I just bought the Trail Boss and mine is off on drivers side only, about 3/8". Took it back to dealer to express my concerns and the service manager contacted the GM rep and said this is the first he had heard of it. (figures), Service manger said new trucks have alignment pins and moving the bed/ cab was not possible. I hate paying that kind of money for a crooked truck.

Let me know if anyone knows of a fix.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

All the other pickups since 07 had an alignment pin as well. There’s still room for adjustment. If your dealer has a body shop, bring it over there and they’ll adjust it. Mechanics don’t like doing body adjustments.

People kept telling me I was crazy! My 2018 sticks out about a 1/4 inch on the drivers side. Still under warranty so I’ll be getting it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had mine in the shop on Friday, mechanic moved bed over to the drivers side, but its still about a 1/4" off. Mechanic said all the adjustment was gone unless bed is removed and drill out holes. 

Mine is off 1/4” in the drivers side and flush on the other. I checked the tire pressure and parked it in my level garage. Took a 4’ level to use as a straight edge and checked both sides. The cab on the drivers side sits 1/4” outside the bed. The passenger side is flush. 

I had a long talk with a GM Body shop manager about fit and finish in cars versus trucks. He also recommended I walk the lot and look at alignment in beds, doors, hoods, etc.

I believe I will leave it alone. With a square bed and square cab there has to be a reaction to every adjusted made. I am not sure that I want a bunch of shop hands leaning and pushing on my truck to gain an 1/8” in alignment. After looking at about 10 trucks today I came to the conclusion that the bed must be slightly narrower than the cab - maybe 1/4” to 3/8”.

As long as my dogs, chickens and deer don’t know it I think I can worry about something else. 

Call me crazy or lazy but I don’t think I want to deal with sales, service or body shop and be without my truck over such a minor issue.

• Like 2

2019 Sierra AT4. My body line is 1/2” off. And 1/2 sunk in width wise. So far I have gotten no where with the dealership. They first told me this was not a warranty issue and I was going to have to live with it. If anyone gets any traction. Please let me know. I am extremely disappointed. Thanks 

1327217F-7B25-4F40-90B3-0EB68CA659C9.jpeg

96DBFE0F-5DD3-4724-9526-20B82AB43713.jpeg

F3692B70-DE09-433A-B619-D5841B0DF498.jpeg