Falken Wildpeak AT3W Long Term?

On 5/28/2019 at 7:34 PM, SoCa2ID said:

Mine are P rated 275/60/20 and excellent on the highway

On 5/28/2019 at 6:50 PM, texasaggies16 said:

I have 22k on my Falken Wildpeak AT3W (275/60R20) and have nothing but positive to say about them. They do not break lose like you'd expect, arent loud and are wearing very well! I easily see myself getting the 50-55K mile warranty out of them. They are also priced very well and are not much heavier then stock tires despite how much more aggressive they are!

They are 175$ a piece on amazon, discount tire should match it.. I believe I was out a tad under 900 for my 275/60/20's mounted and balanced.

image.thumb.png.eccbede1fb87b854151b73f1ef7ff455.png

What all have you done to your suspension to get these to fit?

41 minutes ago, rah7777777 said:

What all have you done to your suspension to get these to fit?

I have a 2" level and my 275/60/20's fit perfectly with zero rubbing.

I just bought the 275/60/20 Wildpeak AT3's from Discount Tire Direct, I was going to get them from Amazon at 180, but DTD price matched amazons price from a month ago at 169 each. Submit online via their website. I'm hoping to get them mounted up soon. They feel relatively soft in the treads, which is good for me. I care less about mileage and more about overall performance and grip. 

I have read nothing but stellar reviews of this tire and I spent a lot of time looking for something to replace the stock Goodyears, which are horrible. 

1 hour ago, SWOYER said:

I just bought the 275/60/20 Wildpeak AT3's from Discount Tire Direct, I was going to get them from Amazon at 180, but DTD price matched amazons price from a month ago at 169 each. Submit online via their website. I'm hoping to get them mounted up soon. They feel relatively soft in the treads, which is good for me. I care less about mileage and more about overall performance and grip. 

I have read nothing but stellar reviews of this tire and I spent a lot of time looking for something to replace the stock Goodyears, which are horrible. 

I think you'll love them.  Best AT Tire I've experienced both price/performance. 

I just had these tires installed at discount tire 934$ 275 60 20.  Im getting 10% mail in rebate from memorial weekend sale woohoo. 

So far I am happy with them but literally only had them for a day lol.   Also have a 2.25" procomp front lift.  

These tires sound promising in the long term based on what ive researched. 

• 2 months later...

I dropped the truck off this morning to get the Falkens installed 275/55-20 XL. My tire guy is giving me $100 trade in for my 30k mile noisy duratracs. 

I was considering 275/60-20 but after a conversation with the service manager at the Chevy dealer im sticking with stock. Ive been trying to get more warranty work done on my 8 speed (new fluid) and one of the parameters they include in the transmission troubleshooting process with GM is tire diameter. If I ever need the trans replaced or repaired I want stock size tires on the truck. 

After listening to the duratracs for 2 years im ready for a change. 

• Like 1

Got em!  I bought the 117T (6ply) spec vs 113T for trailer towing. 300 pounds per tire more capacity. Up to 2833 lbs. Im hoping these tow better than my duratracs in 113T spec.  They already ride smoother. 

They are so smooth compared to my worn out duratracs! 

Quiet too. No shake or vibes at 70. 

60 series would look a bit better but all stock for now is ok. 

F87FF224-D7F6-490F-8969-F41F9C033352.jpeg

Edited by Bikemobile

Holy crap, just checked when I installed my Wildpeak's (10 ply) and it's been 22k miles already. They still look brand new and function as well as the first day. One of the best tires I've purchased. I would have no problem trashing them if they were bad, but I honestly haven't ran into a single issue with them. Mud, gravel, grass, wooded terrain, rain, highway, towing...it's all been great.

Holy crap, just checked when I installed my Wildpeak's (10 ply) and it's been 22k miles already. They still look brand new and function as well as the first day. One of the best tires I've purchased. I would have no problem trashing them if they were bad, but I honestly haven't ran into a single issue with them. Mud, gravel, grass, wooded terrain, rain, highway, towing...it's all been great.

Have you used them in snow too? Curious how they handle that in addition to your other conditions that you mentioned... I'm looking for options for my 15 Sierra with Max Trailering Package and 20" tires before winter gets here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, MrWeller said:

Have you used them in snow too? Curious how they handle that in addition to your other conditions that you mentioned... I'm looking for options for my 15 Sierra with Max Trailering Package and 20" tires before winter gets here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, they did fine in snow. Although, we only had one 'real' snow storm in St. Louis over the winter and outside of that is was either ice or above freezing. We did get about 11 inches in the one bad storm and I drove 45 miles from work to home in it with no issues. St Louis only sees 16 inches of snow per year, which is nothing for me. I grew up in Michigan, so I would consider that more of a real snow test to the tires. Looks like you're from South Dakota, so our St. Louis winters aren't much compared to what you see.

Edited by midwestdenaliguy

• 2 weeks later...

Just switched from the Goodyear’s to these in the P rated 275/60r20 size on my ‘17 and am loving the look. Just need to level and align it now. Are you guys getting a slight high pitch sound from the tires? I was expecting a little more noise but I’m new to all terrain tires and would feel better knowing it’s the norm. It’s not crazy but it’s different from what I’m used to. 

F1066267-564A-4399-A4D9-F46113CA96A9.jpeg

AFFEF309-D79B-4C7F-881C-90774F00952F.jpeg

Edited by BSherrod
Added pictures.