Ridge Grapplers or Duratrac?

I can’t say anything about the Duratrac tires I just bought a set of Ridge Grapplers in a 305/55/20 they are a SL rating and only weight 51 lbs. I’ve only put 100 miles on them but love them quiet and ride great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had duratracs on my ‘14.  The truck was leveled and the duratracs were LTs on 20” wheels.  Looked great, rode harsh.  I swapped them out for KO2s at 57,000 miles and they had tread left but had gotten really loud.

My ‘19 AT4 has LT Ridge Grapplers on 18” wheels.  Ride is smoother, some noise.  Less than 1000 miles.  Hard to know how much of the better ride is due to 18” wheels and factory lift vs. 20” wheels and aftermarket level.  But when i put tires on my truck i didn’t really consider the Duratracs

Edited by ShortMag

25 minutes ago, ShortMag said:

I had duratracs on my ‘14.  The truck was leveled and the duratracs were LTs on 20” wheels.  Looked great, rode harsh.  I swapped them out for KO2s at 57,000 miles and they had tread left but had gotten really loud.

I have a very similar experience as Shortmag...had duratracs on my '16 (18" though instead of 20") from the factory, hated them...you could feel the knobs when driving probably 20mph or less...put on and still have KO2s, have about 55k miles on them and plenty of tread life...they arent loud, but you can hear a little hum now going down the hw...I would imagine they have 15k more life left...

Duratracs were factory tires on my 2016 Silverado.   They suck when it is wet out.    Traction control always kicked in every time it was wet out.        I have since moved to TOYO OPEN COUNTRY R/T's and haven't had any traction issues since.     

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, b1gted said:

Duratracs were factory tires on my 2016 Silverado.   They suck when it is wet out.    Traction control always kicked in every time it was wet out.        I have since moved to TOYO OPEN COUNTRY R/T's and haven't had any traction issues since.     

Ok good to know, I live in Florida and we get lots of rain here especially during spring and summer. 

I've had duratacs on two truck now. Great in the snow, and they are louder than I like. Usually they have two speed zones they get loud. Mine now is around 30 to 35 and again around 52 to 57. After 60 the tire noise becomes oddly quiet.

I want to swap them out on my trail boss but not a lot of selection in LT 275/65/18 that aren't load range E and whitewall.

I guess my desire for a slightly quieter ride is not greater than my desire to spend $1000 at the moment

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would choose Ridge Grapplers for sure.

Replaced the Duratracs on my Trail Boss with Ridge Grapples and they are much quieter, smoother and a better wet weather tire for sure.

My stock wheels and tires are for sale if anyone is interested.

42 minutes ago, BlackLS said:

I would choose Ridge Grapplers for sure.

Replaced the Duratracs on my Trail Boss with Ridge Grapples and they are much quieter, smoother and a better wet weather tire for sure.

My stock wheels and tires are for sale if anyone is interested.

How much for the tires and wheels? And would you be willing to sell the wheels separate?

I had Ridge Grapplers on my old truck. Was pretty happy with them but I did think they got louder as the tread wore down. I do agree they give you a smooth ride versus the BFG AT KO2s (which is still a great tire IMHO)

On 6/7/2019 at 8:26 AM, Ebrown1120 said:

Yeah I don’t do much off roading, I just want an aggressive looking tire that will last 45-55k

I'm running Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ that have 39,000 miles on them so far(20k last truck, 19k this truck).  Below is a picture I just took now.  I love them.  They ride smooth and wear really good.  They look like almost brand new.

15602081916205546642313087352157.jpg

• Like 1