AMP Research 76254-01A PowerStep Electric Running Boards

On order.

Review to come

• Automatic, electric-powered running boards instantly extend when you open your door, and then hides itself safely out of sight when the doors close; Includes low-profile, integrated LED light system.
  • High-strength, die-cast aluminum alloy components with an anodized and PTFE-coated, military-spec finish to resist corrosion
  • Precision stainless steel pivot pins for rock-solid stability and maintenance free self-lubricating bushings for all-weather performance; 600 pound capacity (each side)
  • Weatherproof, OEM Quality electric motors, drive system and wiring harness; Pressure sensitive, pinch-proof technology
  • Made in the USA and backed by a 5-year limited warranty

https://www.amp-research.com/amp-research-76254-01a-powerstep

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G87ZLVQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

F199601046.jpg

Edited by PabloK

I had those on my last pickup(2016 Ford Lariat) , I am thinking with my AT4 to try the Xtreme version this time around  . I live up in North Dakota and the the original version I had would not go back up all the way if temp dipped below zero . 

https://www.amp-research.com/amp-research-78254-01a-powerstep-xtreme

"For those owners who live and work in challenging environments. Sub-zero winters, mud caked rockers; AMP Research POWERSTEP XTreme is designed to hold up to the extreme."

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DrunkViking said:

I had those on my last pickup(2016 Ford Lariat) , I am thinking with my AT4 to try the Xtreme version this time around  . I live up in North Dakota and the the original version I had would not go back up all the way if temp dipped below zero . 

https://www.amp-research.com/amp-research-78254-01a-powerstep-xtreme

"For those owners who live and work in challenging environments. Sub-zero winters, mud caked rockers; AMP Research POWERSTEP XTreme is designed to hold up to the extreme."

just re-ordered the extreme version! didnt even know  about them... jesus

thanks man great call!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick The Great said:

I think I might finally put these on my truck.  My birthday is coming up, seems like a decent gift for myself!  :D

i watched 20 hours of youtube videos on this company.... they are awesome. 

1 minute ago, PabloK said:

For folks that owns these... are they loud?

i hated the clunk the Denali made..

I have one side that makes noise when it retracts and one side that is quiet. I think the step may be hitting the side of the truck when it goes up, I have not looked at it yet because it really doesn't bother me. The motors are super quiet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PabloK said:

For folks that owns these... are they loud?

i hated the clunk the Denali made..

I remember that clunk. It was a good indicator that they were working on my old Denali. The amp steps aren't completely silent but don't make a noise when they stop like the previous Denali steps did. I had a rattle noise develop a few months ago. There is a standard procedure you follow to align the hinges. Only took a few minutes and haven't had a noise since. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BlackLS said:

I recently installed them on my Trail Boss, easy install and great quality.

DSC_0393.thumb.JPG.595397eb086464828aa249b7359547f5.JPG

Any pictures of them retracted? I like a more stealth/ flush look

Any pictures of them retracted? I like a more stealth/ flush look

Having trouble finding a pic I found recently but they look great... tucked in and flush....

This was a huge selling point for me..

So trust me, they look sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, PabloK said:

Having trouble finding a pic I found recently but they look great... tucked in and flush....

This was a huge selling point for me..

So trust me, they look sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like how these RBP ones look:

https://rollingbigpower.com/product4.php?aid=1139&year=2019&make=GMC&model=Sierra 1500&subcategory=STEALTH POWER RUNNING BOARDS

Use the "Search" button in the upper right and you will find a lot of threads on here with people that have them installed.

I have had mine on for over 3 years through harsh northern winters with zero problems.  They are the best investment I ever made.  Every truck I own from now on will get these!

FYI -- the Extreme ones are actually identical to the "regular" ones except the regular ones use 1 motor on each side while the Extreme uses 2 each side.  It sounds better to have 2 motors but I would be a little concerned about the mechanisms syncing with each other so 1 motor doesn't retract/extend faster than the other one.  I haven't seen them installed yet so I'll be looking forward to reviews.

Edited by sk