Rear Camera in Motion on 2014+

Hello again, everyone.

Back here with another update of yet another unlock that has been discovered for the HMI - Rear Camera in Motion!

This one has been pretty sought after and I'm very excited to be able to offer it to the community here. 

This unlock can be performed on any 2014 - 2018 GM truck that has a rear camera installed. It requires the use of an additional harness which I provide.

This unlock places a "Camera" application on the screen of the HMI which allows the user to view the rear camera for 25 seconds while the vehicle is driving.

This is perfect for checking on your trailer connections while on the road or just viewing any obstacles behind you. 

Please see the video demo below and feel free to send me a PM if you're interested in adding this to your vehicle. Thanks for looking.

• Like 3

th3magpi3 just completed this in addition to Android Auto retrofit, video in motion and the regular vin programming in my 2015 Sierra.  When driving and pushing the rear camera icon button, it will pull up the video with a 25 second timer. After 25 seconds it will go back to the home screen. When in Park there was no time limit.

The harness that was provided for the rear camera was very good quality and looked like it was OEM, and super easy to locate the connections.

I briefly tested out the video in motion and it worked once I formatted my USB HDD to NTFS. It recognized MP4 and M4V files, but not TS files from my home DVR, which I kind of expected. I hadn't played with the video features prior to to having VIM enabled so the formats it plays may be common knowledgeto others?

Everything is working great and Chads support was fantastic. I saw a couple minor issues after the install, which I came to find out were perfectly normal and corrected themselves with a few power cycles

I'll post a video of it hopefully in the next day or 2.

Thanks Magpi3!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 11:26 AM, th3magpi3 said:

Hello again, everyone.

Back here with another update of yet another unlock that has been discovered for the HMI - Rear Camera in Motion!

This one has been pretty sought after and I'm very excited to be able to offer it to the community here. 

This unlock can be performed on any 2014 - 2018 GM truck that has a rear camera installed. It requires the use of an additional harness which I provide.

This unlock places a "Camera" application on the screen of the HMI which allows the user to view the rear camera for 25 seconds while the vehicle is driving.

This is perfect for checking on your trailer connections while on the road or just viewing any obstacles behind you. 

Please see the video demo below and feel free to send me a PM if you're interested in adding this to your vehicle. Thanks for looking.

Can you add a link to this video?  Some of us have network admins that are selfish with our internet rights/privileges, at work.