Bye bye 6spd

She'll be back with a new transmission...

Shes had a tough life. I was expecting this for the last month or so for some reason. Def in the last 3 days as it was lugging when accelerating, then stopped moving altogether. I noticed it after some spirited back roads driving. For some reason I fail to remember it's a heavy ass truck! Anyway 175k on the clock, lots of towing, hauling, and red light rippin'. I see at least another 100k before getting a new one. There is nothing else wrong with this truck. Seats and interior still look new considering the miles. I've been extremely happy with this truck over all. e7ef8fe21e4f638758ea012b165c322c.jpga19e0764a0850a63942cf798d327240a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Now is the time for better clutch and a stall. Then some real fun......hmmm

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Haha. I wish. It's just getting rebuilt.

175K ...... 
You got your money's worth :thumbs:

Hell yes I have. This truck has been an absolute beast over the last few years. I was expecting this, so it wasn't a huge deal. Sucks on the wallet side, especially after just booking our honeymoon the day before. Oh well. Fresh A/C system, fresh trans, let's keep on rolling!

It shouldn't cost much more to put better parts in, I'd seriously have the shop do it now.
It was too late. They finished it yesterday afternoon. It's back in the driveway.

How was the trans maintained? 175k is an early death in my world. Great looking truck though. 
It wasn't. It was used and abused. Had a new gasket, filter, and fluid, but I never got around to at least freshening it up.

It was too late. They finished it yesterday afternoon. It's back in the driveway.

Mind if I ask the price? I have the billet stage 3+ full built and 3clutch stall also billet. And it was expensive. Most rebuilds I see are about 4-5k stock style and 5-6k built. Then stall.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk