Control 3rd Row seat fold down from the front

18 hours ago, hmcnavarro said:

Is there any mod to add the ability to fold down the rear seats from the front>

I am confident you can find a manufacturer specializing in custom automotive seating who is able to accommodate your request.  Also look at businesses that cater to people with physical disabilities.  You may be surprised at the options available but I think you'll be more amazed by the cost of such a modification.  It is priceless if you need it but a huge bill for a little convenience.

Edited by Donstar
Didn't notice "third row"

It shouldn’t be too terrible a task for vehicles that already have the power fold 3rd row. In the default factory functionality, the seats won’t fold while the vehicle is out of park. That’s going to be controlled by the BCM or a separate module.

I believe it will be a matter of tapping into the appropriate wiring, creating the harness, finding a location and mounting the switches. I would use the same type power fold switch that’s in the rear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I see no reason why you couldn't run a cable with the right number of wires from the switches in the back to a similar set of switches in the front.   Lots of covers and carpeting and whatever to work under, but easy enough. 

The bigger issue will be to override the stock system requirement of being in park.  Probing the wires on the module identified in the previous comment with a voltmeter in and out of park might figure it out. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 5:35 PM, AzCoronaDog said:

I see no reason why you couldn't run a cable with the right number of wires from the switches in the back to a similar set of switches in the front.   Lots of covers and carpeting and whatever to work under, but easy enough. 

The bigger issue will be to override the stock system requirement of being in park.  Probing the wires on the module identified in the previous comment with a voltmeter in and out of park might figure it out. 

Just piggyback another switch in parallel.  I wouldn't worry about the override for park.  Just put the truck in part while you are doing it.

2 hours ago, IlliniST said:

Just piggyback another switch in parallel.  I wouldn't worry about the override for park.  Just put the truck in part while you are doing it.

I commented on the park override because the OP mentioned '...while driving'. 

Not sure it is a good idea to fold the seat while in motion, but might make disciplining some unruly kids back there more fun!