I'm having trouble finding out what this piece is called

So I've been trying to figure out what exactly this piece is called as on one side of my truck it's rusted really bad as I've attached pictures of both sides. It's some kind of bolted-on support beam or crossmember, but when I look those up online it doesn't pull up anything of the sort. I put some POR-15 on both of them (that's why they're glossy) but I'd probably be better off buying a new set. It's a 2006 GMC Sierra 4.3

1.jpg

2.jpg

24 minutes ago, LivingOsprey1050 said:

So I've been trying to figure out what exactly this piece is called as on one side of my truck it's rusted really bad as I've attached pictures of both sides. It's some kind of bolted-on support beam or crossmember, but when I look those up online it doesn't pull up anything of the sort. I put some POR-15 on both of them (that's why they're glossy) but I'd probably be better off buying a new set. It's a 2006 GMC Sierra 4.3

1.jpg

2.jpg

part#15760799 is for both sides. gm calls it a front suspension brace

I would remove it and bring it to a welder/fabricator and have him make one from solid bar stock. Will never rot away again and will be much sturdier than the hollow factory junk.

It's very similar to some hollow sway bars on other GM vehicles that aren't worth the bolts that hold them on.

If you should have a reputable fabricator/ welder in or near where you live that's what I would do.

It will probably cost more than ordering the GM part, but will last forever. That's if you plan on keeping the truck for a while.

But that's just me. Anytime I can make a part better than the factory without much trouble or money that's what I do.

Good Luck with whatever path you take.