2020 Pricing

Just now, Jricharc said:

Still can't add the 6.2 to the RST or TrailBoss trims...

GM is so stupid. Release the tool without full functionality. Not only that, but so many choices are stupid when building. I can't add the trailering cameras or bed camera and keep the HD Rear Vision Camera. I can't get 3.42 gears without the Max Towing Package. I can't get ventilated seats on anything below LTZ, even though the RST Tahoe, which already had the 6.2, a platform which is nearly identical, gets them. But that doesn't even make sense in itself because the RST is a package on the high level Tahoe and not a trim level like on the Silverado. So many silly decisions going on at GM. 

The Canadian sites are lagging. They don't even show the 2020 HDs yet. Though I just checked the U.S. sites and Chevy only has the LD and HDs and GM only has the HD AT4 and Denali. Maybe they know I'm in Canada and trying to sneak a peek. 

25 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

The Canadian sites are lagging. They don't even show the 2020 HDs yet. Though I just checked the U.S. sites and Chevy only has the LD and HDs and GM only has the HD AT4 and Denali. Maybe they know I'm in Canada and trying to sneak a peek. 

Yeah it's like that for me too. For some reason, the 1500 is called the Silverado LD, but it is the "new" one. It didn't open up any of the new options that were supposed to be coming.

Incidentally, I just chatted with GM to ask when the 6.2L option would become available to select on the RST, and they told me it wasn't coming to the RST (as they have repeatedly). After I showed them the press release on the Chevy website, the rep told me "You can't believe everything you read on the internet". Swear to god.

I've been looking for a new truck for 3 months. I've been trying to hold out to see if I'd be willing to sacrifice ventilated seats on a 6.2 RST. But it's stuff like this that's got me almost ready to jump on a Ram. It's ridiculous and my entire shopping experience has been incredibly frustrating. 

19 minutes ago, HBKidJr said:

Incidentally, I just chatted with GM to ask when the 6.2L option would become available to select on the RST, and they told me it wasn't coming to the RST (as they have repeatedly). After I showed them the press release on the Chevy website, the rep told me "You can't believe everything you read on the internet". Swear to god.

Wow, that is terrible. Not too surprising, however. As a frequent flier with American Airlines, this kind of stuff happens to me ALL the time with their agents. I teach them their own policies all the time. 

Where do you live, HBKidJr? I live in DFW, where (as you know), it's quite hot. Do I wish I had the ventilated seats? Yes. But has it really bothered me much not having them? Not really. I have a good sunshade and with the remote start on the MyChevrolet app, I always turn the truck on for 10 min before leaving. Usually when I get into the truck, the leather is nicely cooled. ?

What a pain, would love the diesel but can't tell if a trailer brake controller is available. Max trailering is not available with the diesel, so is the controller available stand alone or with some other package?

Thanks for the notice that the 2020 Build option is available now on Chevrolet.com, Thumper7! 

Just for kicks, I did an RST build. No 6.2L option available yet online. 

Also noticed there's an "RST Value Package" now. 

My Z71 RST (which has everything but the Safety package) would not be as easy to build for 2020, it seems. There's some odd structure between the RST Value Package and the Z71 package. 

But it's nice to see the Bed View camera package is available in the RST, too. 

I'll keep a close watch on 2021, as I think more refreshed features will come out then. That's probably when I'll seriously consider trading my 2019 in. 

1 hour ago, Jricharc said:

I was just chatting with a rep on chevy.com and they said that the 6.2 was not an available option on the RST or TrailBoss trim levels

Those pricks.

LTZ it is I guess. ?