Canned tune or black bear?

I will probably leave it stock.

Just can't justify the small gains vs. price from a canned tune and I won't pay for a dyno tune.

I will continue to drive in manual and shift it as I desire.

Thanks all for your input.

:)

I will probably leave it stock.
Just can't justify the small gains vs. price from a canned tune and I won't pay for a dyno tune.
I will continue to drive in manual and shift it as I desire.
Thanks all for your input.
[emoji4]
It's ok when I was a teenager and borrowed my grandpa's 1500 silverado I manual shifted and thought is was fast and cool also. [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Damn. Just reading that hurt me a little.

edit: carburetors were cool, you Heathen. Swapping jets, playing with floats, it was kismet. My first Holley 650 double pumper... her name was Alice. I get misty just thinking about our first tunnel ram. Now points... points were dirty hooores.

Edited by Darksky

Damn. Just reading that hurt me a little.

edit: carburetors were cool, you Heathen. Swapping jets, playing with floats, it was kismet. My first Holley 650 double pumper... her name was Alice. I get misty just thinking about our first tunnel ram. Now points... points were dirty hooores.

Shade tree a few tools could keep them running. It takes a little more these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It really takes a premium gas tune to notice any (small) difference, so you pay again for that each time you fill up. Getting to be 70 cents a gallon more around here now. Glad to be back in 87 to be honest...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Shade tree a few tools could keep them running. It takes a little more these days.

Most shade trees were and are just as clueless with a carb as they are with efi.  "Run" and running properly are miles apart lol.  

Most shade trees were and are just as clueless with a carb as they are with efi.  "Run" and running properly are miles apart lol.  

They rarely ran properly, that’s how you learned. Later on we’re building 1000 Horsepower land clearing machines.

Boo!
You keep this type behavior up, the townsfolk are going to get their torches.
Torch lit...
Carbs are cool till the weather changes lol. Might just find a local tuner and hand him 300 for a tune.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

If you had a local guy that would unlock it with credits and read the file. You can post it and have it modified then just need that guy one more time to flash to truck. You of course would save both files to a thumb drive. And any day you wish you can have anyone change it. Or common thing is find a local dyno day, paybcheap price see what she can do then as the tuner what he thinks.

Other than price would the range AFM disable be a good "mod" compared to tuning? It just plugs in and disables the AFM right? No HP gain..
No gain in power. I would say just some increase is driveability as the delay is gone.
Some people like those and some people claim issues with them. I believe it's claim to fame is easy of use and the fact the customer concerns over afm/dod drive people for a resolve.