Any Vibration Issues 2019/2020?

13 minutes ago, econometrics said:

The only thing that shakes on my 5.3L / 8spd RST Z71 after 5200 miles is the ground when I cold start it. 

VRRRRROOOOM! 

Great truck. 

Mine too after the road force balance. Must be the exhaust damper that roars on start......put a 2-3/4 to 4' extension tip on the tailpipe and it roars louder!

DSCN0605.JPG

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 10:48 AM, jordanl010 said:

got my truck on Wednesday last week. Driving around town, no vibration issues but whenever going between 60-70 mph on the highway, feels like a speed strip. No sounds or anything but vibrates like a speed strip. Dealer has the truck as of yesterday and they are supposed to be putting new tires on. They think there's a hard spot on the tires. (they already re-balanced and road force balance). Not necessarily the classic shake of the silverado but just posting this in case anyone else has this issue

Had the same problem with mine... After a tire rotate and rebalance didn't work the dealer found what the issue really was.  The driveshaft had a dent!  They replaced the driveshaft at no cost since the damage came from the factory.  Hope you can find your gremlin!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBL569 said:

Had the same problem with mine... After a tire rotate and rebalance didn't work the dealer found what the issue really was.  The driveshaft had a dent!  They replaced the driveshaft at no cost since the damage came from the factory.  Hope you can find your gremlin!

Fingers crossed! I'll bring that up to them when I go for the ride along Wednesday :)

• 3 months later...

2019 Sierra SLT.  I have the vibration / resonance occurring randomly from the back 1/2 of the truck at about 65mph and 1400 rpm while going up a slight incline in 2WD.  I have the same vibration when I slowly backup up a slight incline (driveway).  The vibration will go away if given less throttle or more.  After looking underneath the truck, I suspect it is one of the two stamped metal heat shields near muffler / fuel tank.  I will be taking it in to dealership soon to demonstrate what I can do to repeat the resonance.  The vibration sound is not related to the truck performance, because this truck rides perfectly otherwise.

mine has smooth as silk....been waiting to do anything because it rides so good, cept for body roll...

I did have Toyota that had shake at 60mph and never got remedied.....tried everything even new rear axles, it did have bigger rims and tires so.....

• 1 month later...

PROBLEM SOLVED - The resonance / vibration sounds comes from two metal shields located between the exhaust pipes and spare tire.  In certain road and speed circumstances, they vibrate (similarly to what a tuning fork does).  GMC has not come up with a solution yet, but will reply back here when a solution is provided.

• 2 weeks later...

2019 Denali Ultimate with 22" wheels 600 miles is a shaker. Had in today and they road forced all the tires and it is improved but still shakes. One tire (RR) could not be brought into road force spec.  They wanted me to drive it a few days but I can already tell it is going to be a problem. Hoping they will order me a replacement tire when I call them next week. (fat chance of it magically getting better on its own LOL) 

401457667_2019RoadForcebalancepaperwork2-21-20.thumb.jpg.f165e23a7d3a89729806a0a75c2d19df.jpg

• 9 months later...

Any info would be helpful .  Bought this new 2020 3.0 liter duramax to replace my tundra vibration at 65-plus .  I do have 18” wheels with falken wild peaks on it but it has had a shake that felt like unbalanced tires even with the stock tires.  I have had to the dealership several times they have visually inspected and don’t see a problem just paid them to road balance with little change.  They put it in some test deal “pico” and that’s where they determined it was balance issue .  I just drove back home 100 miles and nearly same vibration especially while going up slight incline .  Not sure where to look for answers.  They did say they didn’t see any dents or weights missing on driveline .  I’m lost but not super excited about spending that much money for a crappy vibrating ride .. 

• 3 months later...

My wifes 18’ Sierra Denali had the shake and rumble at 300 miles when new. I researched the Tech service bulletins and found one regarding Trans fluid. We took back to dealer they did the flush and fill procedure and truck has been great since the flush and re-fill.

Turns out they got a bad batch of trans fluid.. I was skeptical but it actually fixed it.

Don’t wait get it flushed before the trans grenades.

• 2 weeks later...