2020 Silverado 1500 Inquiry

lryfer

Hello all: I am inquiring if GM is going to have a 2020 LD truck like the 2019 rigs? I am older and play CDs in my older rigs and want to get a newer rig but all those aps to listen to music is confusing to me.

So i need a rig with the CD player like the earlier year trucks. Wanting to buy a 2020 Silverado or Sierra for my retirement rig.

Anyone know by chance? Been looking for that perfect 2018 but not run across it yet. Yeah i am picky ☺

Hello all: I am inquiring if GM is going to have a 2020 LD truck like the 2019 rigs? I am older and play CDs in my older rigs and want to get a newer rig but all those aps to listen to music is confusing to me.

So i need a rig with the CD player like the earlier year trucks. Wanting to buy a 2020 Silverado or Sierra for my retirement rig.

Anyone know by chance? Been looking for that perfect 2018 but not run across it yet. Yeah i am picky [emoji5]

I’m older. I took the time to learn how to transfer my CDs to IPods. I would have to relearn now. I have 7000s songs across two iPods. I also favor pandora, I heart and prime. You can pick an artist and they play like music. If you take the plunge you’ll find it easier than carting around CDs. My old truck has a 6-disk CD changer and a cassette. I plug in a cassette adapter and play my phone through it. I have no interest in satellite radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Thank you.

So where can i go to build a 2020 1500? or best website to look for 2018 rigs if i want to stay that route with cd?

Edited by lryfer

1 hour ago, lryfer said:

Thank you.

So where can i go to build a 2020 1500? or best website to look for 2018 rigs if i want to stay that route with cd?

Karnut gave you a great response regarding CD's.   Take the time to learn the new stuff.  It is nearly impossible to keep up but keep moving forward.   As far as your build goes, GM has online ordering tools.  What I did when I bought my last truck was to find the oldest, friendliest looking salesman at my local dealer and just talked trucks.  His life experiences were similar to mine and together we found a truck that fit me like a glove!

2 hours ago, lryfer said:

Thank you.

You don’t necessarily have to transfer to a handheld device like a phone either. You can simply rip the CDs into any type of supported audio file and put the audio files on a USB drive & plug it into your truck.

You don’t necessarily have to transfer to a handheld device like a phone either. You can simply rip the CDs into any type of supported audio file and put the audio files on a USB drive & plug it into your truck.

You can’t put ear buds in a usb,that’s why I don’t use those. But they’ll work.

5 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

You can’t put ear buds in a usb,that’s why I don’t use those. But they’ll work.

Earbuds are illegal to use while driving in some states - possible inability to hear oncoming emergency vehicles. But I understand what you’re saying. He didn’t seem too worried about earbuds since he’s still using CDs so figured a USB stick or drive would be one of the cheaper options and keep it relatively simple, without also having to learn how to operate a handheld. All are good suggestions though.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2019 at 11:43 AM, lryfer said:

Thank you for that iput. Guess i will look for a new truck and get up with the times per say.  Just dont want to buy then not able to get it figured out. Thanks again.

I'm not that old, but I resisted the switch away from CDs for a really long time.  As long as you have a computer with a CD player, you can rip all your CDs into MP3 files and then put on a USB flash drive or SD card.  It's very straightforward though it will take a few hours/days depending on how many CDs you have.  Leave the USB in your truck all the time and you'll have access to all of your CDs all the time.  You can also build up playlists (aka Mixtapes).

3 hours ago, lryfer said:

and you lost me after you can rip etc etc etc as i said i no tech savvy that y i wanted to get the CD setup. ☺

It's as easy as playing a CD and following the prompts on the screen.

https://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-rip-cds-in-windows-10/

It's worth doing, I used to have my 6 disc changer and a bunch of CDs in my visor and once I went digital I never looked back.