Hey folks, first time posting here and maybe it’s a common thing. I’ve searched google and YouTube for days, replaced parts, and done the troubleshooting I know to do. So here it is, bear in mind, im no auto mechanic. I’m a jet mechanic/toolmaker. Lol

my front pass brake locked up Friday, and the abs/parking brake light has been on since the dealer I got the truck from replaced the parking brake cable. I don’t hear a roaring, so I don’t feel like it’s a hub, but I do have some bouncing on the front end which leads me to think it may be an axel, which I still have to get looked at.

parking brake and abs lights come on after a few seconds of driving, I hear brakes grinding, and I just replaced both front rotors, pads, and passenger caliper and abs sensor after it locked up; since it melted the abs sensor cable.

brakes are bled properly and working, but they aren’t fully releasing. I’ve checked fluid, it’s not overfilled. Driver hub was previously replaced but not passenger for some reason. I considered ordering a hub for the passenger side just for that. Rotors are 305mm and the pads I installed are ceramic from brake best. Yes, the rotors get hot after a short drive, like too hot to touch. I’d rather not have these things lock up on me again. The only thing left I know to check are the piston in the master cylinder, or the passenger hub. 

Any ideas? If I’ve missed good reference material or prior posts please feel free to comment with a link and a nice “check here dumbass.” Lol 

thanks in advance.

I don't know why, but I have had this happen and so have others. 

Ended up being the nipple behind the master cylinder being out of adjustment.

You can loosen the two nuts on both sides of the master cylinder a few turns and driveway test it. See it feels better.

If so, turn that nipple in a little, assemble and test.

Free and worth a try.

4 hours ago, rjgti said:

the rubber brake lines collapse internally and cause your sytem of brake not releasing.  and pull codes for abs.  did you clean where the new sensor is attached.  make sure there is no rust

Yessir I did, I’ve heard about the flex lines collapsing, I still need to look at mine though.

8 hours ago, Mikebtte said:

I don't know why, but I have had this happen and so have others. 

Ended up being the nipple behind the master cylinder being out of adjustment.

You can loosen the two nuts on both sides of the master cylinder a few turns and driveway test it. See it feels better.

If so, turn that nipple in a little, assemble and test.

Free and worth a try.

Thats kind of my plan for the weekend, I appreciate it. I’ll have to check my brake lines while I’m at it, but I’m hoping it’s the master cylinder needing adjusted.

beleive it or not, I drove to college today and no lights came on, and no grinding. I don’t know whether to be happy, or worried. Lol

Edit- it came on again on my way to work a couple hours later... consider me confused. More so.

Edited by Toolmaker1