GM # N 192268490 increased brake pedal effort recall

Do I need to put the stock tune back on for this service? I’m out of warranty so not worried about that. Just didn’t know what the “reprogram” involved for the recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do I need to put the stock tune back on for this service? I’m out of warranty so not worried about that. Just didn’t know what the “reprogram” involved for the recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put my stock tune back on just to make sure. I emailed blackbear and asked them the same thing. They said that because it was just a module being reprogrammed it wouldn't affect my tune. Stock tune back on, had the dealer reprogram the module, then put my blackbear tune back on.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I just got this update this week, but i like this update suck why? ... I took my truck because my vacumm pump fail. I took it to the dealer, thinking they were going to replace it . They got it ready and everything. But before i left i asked the technician what he did. He told me he just did a software update for the the brakes, basically is just a patch . I was ok cool . 

So the same day i got it back , my brakes fail. The same day i did the recall. I was F this im gonna replace this pump myself . I got replace , OMG huge difference. My brakes are finally back 100% . 

but theres is one think . What ever the update is . I feel my truck like , the brakes are always on. For example . Im doing 35 mph and on the road , if I remove my foot from the gas throttle my speed start decreasing at fast rate , like literally it almost come to a full stop. If im doing 75mph on the highway, If I removed my foot , my decrease to 50mph in matter of seconds.  And i do the same on my other truck but it takes way longer to loose speed. 

Does anyone else is having this issue with the new update? Is a bug? Or GM just try to do a patch so the trucks could be always ready for braking by leaving the pistons of the brakes on? 

2 hours ago, Yosoy1an said:

I just got this update this week, but i like this update suck why? ... I took my truck because my vacumm pump fail. I took it to the dealer, thinking they were going to replace it . They got it ready and everything. But before i left i asked the technician what he did. He told me he just did a software update for the the brakes, basically is just a patch . I was ok cool . 

So the same day i got it back , my brakes fail. The same day i did the recall. I was F this im gonna replace this pump myself . I got replace , OMG huge difference. My brakes are finally back 100% . 

but theres is one think . What ever the update is . I feel my truck like , the brakes are always on. For example . Im doing 35 mph and on the road , if I remove my foot from the gas throttle my speed start decreasing at fast rate , like literally it almost come to a full stop. If im doing 75mph on the highway, If I removed my foot , my decrease to 50mph in matter of seconds.  And i do the same on my other truck but it takes way longer to loose speed. 

Does anyone else is having this issue with the new update? Is a bug? Or GM just try to do a patch so the trucks could be always ready for braking by leaving the pistons of the brakes on? 

Welcome to the site.

I think what you are experiencing is how the engine reacts with no load on it.

When you release the throttle, the engine receives no fuel, so it has a tendency to feel like the brakes have been applied.

Scroll through your DIC to find your instant fuel economy, let off of the gas and wait for it to say you are getting 99 MPG, you should feel the truck loose speed very quickly.

• 1 month later...