Falken WildPeak AT3W

Anyone running these tires?

I have a Trail Boss that came with Duratracs and to me, these are loud and give too much feedback on the seats and steering wheel for my taste.

I was looking at the Wildpeaks in LT275/65/18, same size as stocks.

What I am looking for is something softer riding and quiter.

What are your thoughts of these?

Thank you

You're going to want to stick with a P rated tire for the best ride then.  I run those Falkens in a P275/60/20 and I personally thought my truck rides BETTER with them, I contribute that to having more sidewall vs stock at 275/55 - tire soaks up the smaller bumps and cracks better.

Regarding noise, I never had Duratracs, but, I will say the Falkens have been pretty quiet with the roughly 4,000 miles I've had them so far.  On asphalt back roads doing around 50-60 they make a slight hum, just enough to know that you have an AT tire and not an All Season, you know what I mean? Noise is pretty much a non issue, in my opinion, with these.

Edited by SkiDooNick700

8 hours ago, Sin City Trail Boss said:

I have a Trail Boss that came with Duratracs and to me, these are loud and give too much feedback on the seats and steering wheel for my taste.

Thank you

I don't think the duratracs  are causing a feedback issue. I have had them on 2 other trucks and had no issue. I think the new T1's have a similar chevy shake issue like past trucks. 

I have no personal experience with them, but I plan on running the P rated version of the 285/70R17 tires they offer. I have stock 265/65R18’s and the additional sidewall should really help soak things up. I don’t really go off road so I don’t have a “need” for LT tires. Also the P rated versions have a special compound in them that makes them better in the rain and snow. The LT’s are more stronger and durable for off road use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Sin City Trail Boss said:

Thank you

You will get less noise, ride will probably be close/the same to the Duratrac as both tires are the same LT Load Index C construction.  A P tire might get you the softer ride you desire.  Just keep the load rating at 113 or higher.  I can't speak on the Falken, but I have the General Grabber APT and its a nice tire.  Low noise, good ride.  You can also check out the new Firestone Destination AT2 or the Hankook Dynapro AT2.   

1 hour ago, ct_corey said:

I don't think the duratracs  are causing a feedback issue. I have had them on 2 other trucks and had no issue. I think the new T1's have a similar chevy shake issue like past trucks. 

I've driven a bunch of T1 1/2 tons.  I've never had any Chevy shake, even up to the speed governor.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ct_corey said:

No shake from my T1.  Trailboss with 20s and the duelers rather than 18s with the duratracs.

At risk of going off topic, 2019 Sierra 1500 X31 crew cab here, and I have noticed a vibration transmitted thru the bottom of the seat in mine. 1000 miles on it, build date of May 2019. The steering wheel doesn't shake, so I'm assuming it's something from the transmission, drive shaft, rear end, or rear tires. I have a 2011 GMC Sierra 4wd Ext Cab that has 185k miles on it, and no shake whatsoever.

Hello all, thanks for the replies.

Let me clarify some things.

I do not believe all Duratracs have these vibration problems, I think mine are just bad. I tried to have the dealership change them for new ones and they wouldn't.

They said they can see vibrations on them but they are still within spec so GM won't replace them. An independent tire shop stated the tires are bad but dealership didn't care.

All 4 tires required a massive amount of weights to balance. Some have two rows of weights.

Also, I had a 2016 Silverado with the Chevy shake and this is definitely not what I am feeling. I just think these tires are bad.

Anyways, got a good deal on the WildPeaks and will get them installed tomorrow for $870 out the door.

Went with LT265/75/R18 E. I was tempted to go P rated, but I do sometimes off road and don't want to risk a puncture. 

Thanks for all the feedback gents.

Edited by Sin City Trail Boss