2019 Silverado 2.7 Mods

Thinking of getting an cold air intake from afe and an exhaust from them as well with nitto grapplers.

Ummmm, you’re going to make that motor struggle a bit with those Nitto’s. Do post pics of your upgrades though.

Sent from Above

That was my thought. Jesus. It probably struggles with the stock wheels and tires!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Don’t think it’s that bad [emoji848] must’ve gotten a great deal on it. You’d be surprised how much HP someone can squeeze out of a 4 cylinder.... what’s the HP/Torque rating again ?

Sent from Above

But WHY?

I watched that truck channel on YouTube make a video with it with a trailer loaded to near max the capability and that thing was a dog.

Now we want increased rolling resistance? Dear god.

This was GM's ploy to give the Silverado moniker a "green" appearance.

I guess the mall parking lot speed limit is only 15 mph. It oughta do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

310 horespower and 348 torque 

That’s not that bad, they’re great little motors, better suited for a smaller body but just be careful not to dog it down with to much weight.

Sent from Above

Wouldn't the costs of those mods be about the same as upgrade to 5.3? Just don't understand, leave it stock or buy the 5.3. Your wasting your time. 

I’m sure he got a great deal on it. Besides, it’s his new truck, he’s proud of it, learn as he goes [emoji6]

Sent from Above

6 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

That’s not that bad, they’re great little motors, better suited for a smaller body but just be careful not to dog it down with to much weight.

Sent from Above

oh wow, i didnt realize it was rated that well. Guess it is a strong little motor. More power than earlier 5.3's. I assumed 200 hp and 250ft. 

• Like 1

Thinking of getting an cold air intake from afe and an exhaust from them as well with nitto grapplers or put some of toyo tires open country a/t

I’d be careful doing to much to it, the 4bangers don’t do well with to much added weight and make sure to compare weight between the tire selections, just 10pounds per tire difference will affect your stopping and acceleration

Sent from Above

It’s almost got the same amount HP as the 5.3 Yukon XL I just got rid of. Do keep us posted and congratulations. Take good care of it and it’ll last you a very long time!

Sent from Above