DFM disable yet?

Because the system fails. I have 180k on my 15 5.3 and every single mile was driven in M5. I obviously have the 6spd but it makes me feel better being in V8 mode all of the time. Hasnt hurt anything yet, but at this point I'm ready for a new motor if needed just based on abuse and mileage.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I just drove a 2019 Suburban with DFM, it even showed V4 or V8 on the dashboard. I thought all 5.3's as of 2019 came with AFM. I was surprised it got pretty good gas mileage compared to my 2019 Silverado with AFM.

Trucks on the previous generation platform, like the Suburban, are still using AFM. That’s why it had the V4/V8 display.

New body style 2019 Silverado have either AFM in the lower trims, or DFM in LT & up.

2 hours ago, Robwcormack said:

Sucks having to ride around in L9 all the time

I agree, so why are you choosing to drive in this manner?  DFM is  a feature that enhances the efficiency of your truck without sacrificing the available power.   Any perceived or potential benefit of overriding DFM  will most likely never be experienced by you.  In the meantime, you lose the day to day benefits and the inconvenience of not using "D".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J-man67 said:

Because the system fails. I have 180k on my 15 5.3 and every single mile was driven in M5. I obviously have the 6spd but it makes me feel better being in V8 mode all of the time. Hasnt hurt anything yet, but at this point I'm ready for a new motor if needed just based on abuse and mileage.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Because that is what you have heard from a handful of people on a forum? Most never see an issue (if I were to put a number on it I would say 99.5% are trouble free). Good you have 180k driving in M5, my buddies Tahoe had AFM and only had it in drive and went around 250k when he traded it in for his new truck (he is in sales). How was that possible if the system fails? 

I can't help but laugh when people talk so down on a technology because they read a few rogue issues and think bypassing it actually does anything, that parts are still in there and in play in the motor with every rotation...

To each their own, I will continue to enjoy the good mpg's that come with the tech and complete regular service trouble free for years to come as all our trucks have. 

Tyler

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Donstar said:

I agree, so why are you choosing to drive in this manner?  DFM is  a feature that enhances the efficiency of your truck without sacrificing the available power.   Any perceived or potential benefit of overriding DFM  will most likely never be experienced by you.  In the meantime, you lose the day to day benefits and the inconvenience of not using "D".

Because of the proven issues AFM has caused, and because I have corsa exhaust and it sounds like ass when DFM kicks in.  I really dont care about the fuel economy.  I didnt buy a truck with a 6.2 for gas mileage 

4 hours ago, Robwcormack said:

Has anyone heard any news on a device or programmer that will get rid of the DFM yet?  Sucks having to ride around in L9 all the time

Then don't do it, there is zero need to. Makes life easier on you and your truck if you just get in and drive rather than trying to fix things that don't need fixing or rudely developing a work around. This is especially applicable when people think they know more after a few hours reading on the internet than the engineers that spent years and tens of thousands of hours designing and testing something with a billion dollar budget...

Tyler

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

Then don't do it, there is zero need to. Makes life easier on you and your truck if you just get in and drive rather than trying to fix things that don't need fixing or rudely developing a work around. This is especially applicable when people think they know more after a few hours reading on the internet than the engineers that spent years and tens of thousands of hours designing and testing something with a billion dollar budget...

Tyler

Well I sure hope it wasn't the same engineers that designed AFM.  Look, I didnt ask for you or anyone else to give your opinion about whether or not you like DFM or if I should.  I asked if anyone has heard of any progress on development to disable it.  If you have something relevant to that, by all means please share, but if not why waste your time and energy telling me i need to just use it.  I don't tell you how to drive your truck or care what you want to do to it.  Dont worry about what i want to do to MINE.

4 hours ago, Robwcormack said:

I didnt ask for you or anyone else to give your opinion about whether or not you like DFM or if I should.  

Your concern was stated as, "Sucks having to ride around in L9 all the time".   Forum members responded in a manner that they thought would alleviate your frustration.  You are concerned about fixing something that isn't broken and appear to be confusing it with a previous system.  The great advantage of a forum like this,imo, is hearing other points of view.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Donstar said:

Your concern was stated as, "Sucks having to ride around in L9 all the time".   Forum members responded in a manner that they thought would alleviate your frustration.  You are concerned about fixing something that isn't broken and appear to be confusing it with a previous system.  The great advantage of a forum like this,imo, is hearing other points of view.  

Well said and completely agree.  

• Thanks 1