2019 Silverado 8speed any different from 2018 8 speed. Better?

The 5.3 / 8spd combo in my '19 is much smoother and "seems" quicker than my 2014 5.3 / 6spd

I like this transmission better than the 6spd.  So far no issues and hope it stays that way

With that being said, if you are on the fence on getting the 6.2 / 10spd...and you need some help, remember:

There is no replacement for displacement.

Nobody says "Wow, I shoulda bought the 5.3!"

• Like 2

On 11/4/2019 at 10:40 AM, Welder2014 said:

My 5.3 with the 8speed works perfect maybe missing something. Seem to shift smooth much improved from the 2014 5.3 with the 6 speed I owned . Have 6000 miles and tow a 5000lbs trailer great truck so far.

I completely agree. I had the 5.3L with the 6 speed in my 2018 and it always seemed to be searching for gears with a clunk on every downshift. The new 8 speed in my 2019 with the same engine is night and day better! Smooth as butter! 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 11:36 AM, medic717 said:

I completely agree. I had the 5.3L with the 6 speed in my 2018 and it always seemed to be searching for gears with a clunk on every downshift. The new 8 speed in my 2019 with the same engine is night and day better! Smooth as butter! 

On 11/26/2019 at 11:36 AM, medic717 said:

I will 3rd that motion having had a 2018 5.3 with the 6 speed I find this vehicle much smoother and a lot more responsive too.

• Like 1

I have a 2019 LT 5.3 with the 8speed. Unfortunately I do have issues with it. Main thing is hard shifting when down shifting from 2nd to 1st and it creates a jerk forward motion before coming to a complete stop. I’ve also experienced what appears to be a slipping issue where the transmission slips in and out of gears. I haven’t taken it to the dealer because it doesn’t do it all of the time and don’t know if it can be replicated once they have it but the issue is there. Now that I’m reading a lot of people have this problem is starting to concern me since I didn’t get the extended warranty.