2019 Silverado 8speed any different from 2018 8 speed. Better?

I currently own a 2018 Silverado Crew Cab LTZ with the 5.3L and 8 speed transmission.   been in the shop a total of 4 mos out of the past 12 mos with transmission issues.     Looking to just trade off for the 2019 version.    They say they have enhanced the 8 speed in the 2019.   Anyone have one and do you have have any issues?    Considering just jumping to the 6.2L with the 10 speed.  Thoughts???

Great advice.  Thank you.  This has been a tough decision for me.    Do you have the 6.2L?   What fuel does it require and what kind of MPG are you getting ?

If you can afford it, get the 6.2, much more powerful truck but though it may not be “Required” it’s highly recommended, it runs better with super/high octane which is what gives you the total HP and Torque. I’d stay clear from the 6.2 if you’re going to complain about a $5-$10 difference at the pump. I love mine, never ever own another 5.3, not that there’s anything wrong with the 5.3 and it’s fine for most people, just no where near the power of the 6.2.

I do believe the new 6.2’s only come with the 10 speed

Sent from Above

Great advice.  Thank you.  The extra cost in fuel is a small price for the gain in power.    I was pondering the max tow package but easier to find 6.2l /10 speed without the max tow.    I am thinking of just getting the regular tow package.  I had 2014 Silverado with the 5.3L and the 6 speed no issues.   But I want the LTZ trim and the 5.3L only comes with 8 speed in that trim.   So I have set my sights on the 6.2L after reading all y’all’s input.  Thank you so much ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...