On 11/24/2019 at 1:43 PM, jpgcrna said:

There are some minor changes to the engine such as the oil cooler and the fan. Largely the same engine with better cooling parts. The big change is the 10 spd transmission, I would assume that's why they need to do some testing and more than likely make some changes. I'm pretty excited about getting a derringer, I love being able to do some performance improvement before the warranty is gone for once.

The 10 spd is the main issue, major firmware changes to accommodate.

It is looking good for the current derringer owners to able to update for 2020

• 3 weeks later...

The entire engine has been beefed up for 2020, the crankshaft rod journals are larger, the cyl heads have extra bolts, the connecting rods are stronger, piston pins larger, lifters are lighter, push rods improved, cylinder block has ribs for strength and improved metallurgy.    The deck height of the block is taller.    Pistons have been made stronger and are taller.  It is not the same engine for the most part.    Nothing is that simple anymore when your advertising a 35,000 lb. plus pull load !!!   ?

Edited by Anthony Greco
Add a sentence
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Just got a message from Banks, basically don't expect anything until midyear. 

Wtf! I just messaged banks on Facebook last week they said expect a few more weeks! Did they say why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, bass mechanic said:

Wtf! I just messaged banks on Facebook last week they said expect a few more weeks! Did they say why?

Quoted from an email today, "

We’re in R&D for the ’20 L5P, should be midyear.

Thank you for your interest in Banks Engineering and our performance components."

I am one of the Beta testers, Have had a functioning Derringer in my 2020 for several weeks now.
Each week we have a new version of firmware to evaluate, it is coming along nicely.

Is there any way you can talk to banks and get me on the Beta program? Or can you get a more firm date that isn’t 6 months from now?

• 1 month later...

spoke to Chuck my sales rep at Banks today and asked when the Derringer will be released for the 2020.

he told me it should be within a week or 2!

no word on exhaust or intake yet.

but suggested i check regularly on their website for 2020 to show up in the model search. as soon as it is launched you will see the products showing up there.

he said there will be plenty of online info once released. i would imagine this forum will be one of the first to announce it

• Like 1

spoke to Chuck my sales rep at Banks today and asked when the Derringer will be released for the 2020.
he told me it should be within a week or 2!
no word on exhaust or intake yet.
but suggested i check regularly on their website for 2020 to show up in the model search. as soon as it is launched you will see the products showing up there.
he said there will be plenty of online info once released. i would imagine this forum will be one of the first to announce it

Woohoo!

On 2/13/2020 at 11:01 AM, FirstAscent said:

Woohoo!

It’s available! I’ll get mine ordered in the morning!

Oh shit! I just realized the 2020 gets 81hp and 144 ft lbs of torque verses the 61 and 112 in the 2019 model!

Sweet!

https://www.bankspower.com/?msclkid=8a23876483171d8e06f5d923ded1b03a

Edited by bass mechanic

It’s available! I’ll get mine ordered in the morning!

Oh shit! I just realized the 2020 gets 81hp and 144 got lbs if torque verses the 61 and 114 in the 2019 model!

Sweet!

https://www.bankspower.com/?msclkid=8a23876483171d8e06f5d923ded1b03a

I noticed that too! Since engines are the same I bet they can push it a little more with the enhanced cooling? I dunno but either way that’s pretty epic! Which one did you order? The $7 or $800 package?

I dunno if I really need/want the DataMonster...? Hmmm

Just now, FirstAscent said:

I noticed that too! Since engines are the same I bet they can push it a little more with the enhanced cooling? I dunno but either way that’s pretty epic! Which one did you order? The $7 or $800 package?

i already have the i-dash so all i need is the tuner, for the 2019 its $479 so i hope it's the same for the 2020.

they don't have the exhaust or intake yet, but i was told with the 2019 they got like 50 hp and 75 more foot lbs with both mods added to the derringer.

if that's consistent on the 2020 model, i would guess that would make over 100 hp and 200 ft lbs of torque. I can guarantee you'll feel that! i might even be able to burn rubber at 6,200 feet elevation. we do mods here just to attain sealevel performance.