Trail Boss road noise / tire vibration

Let me start by saying I’ve had lifted trucks all my life with big off-road all terrain tires. These duratrak tires are absolutely the worst tires I’ve ever had. I’m at about 15k miles, the noise and vibration between 30 and 60 mph is ridiculous. It’s actually starting to vibrate the truck apart from the constant humm. The hood latch/cable has worked its way loose and now has its own noise. It’s sad that a $56k truck has tires with over half tread left, and only 15k miles are going to need to be replaced before the truck rattles itself apart. 

Anyone else having this problem? Any luck getting support from GM?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/11/2020 at 9:21 PM, Moledigger2019 said:

What did they say?

They said that I’d have to contact Goodyear to get them warrantied. That was a directive from GM. I ended up selling them. 

On 11/17/2019 at 9:48 AM, BlackLS said:

First thing I did after I bought my Trail Boss is replace the Duratracs with Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

The Grapplers are much quieter and smoother than the Duratracs, it was like driving a totally different truck.

Wow really? I was always under the impression the Ridge Graps were louder then Duratracs. But man do i love the style of RG