16k miles and now I'm angry...

I really wanted to buy a 2018 Sierra SLE but, by the time I was ready to buy in July 2019, all the ones with the features I wanted were sold. 

Then I was ready to buy a 2020 Sierra Elevation until I read about all the brake failures others have experienced. GM in general is solid and infotainment issues and anything else like that I can deal with in the unlikely event they happen to come up but I'm not going to gamble on safety. Also, I'm not that comfortable dropping $65k CAD on a vehicle. 

*Update #4*

Well supposedly someone from GM engineering is to look at my truck today.  The service advisor took my concerns seriously and made some phone calls while I was there with him.  They are to investigate the truck today and figure out what is going on.  I'm hopeful for a positive outcome but I'm very leery of this vehicle now.  I'm glad that what I ended up hitting was something that I owned.  What if it wasn't?  It would be an even bigger issue if another persons property was involved...   It seems so strange that over a year and 16k miles it's like a switch was flipped and boom all kinds of issues...

Progress, stay on top of them, nicely but firmly, my 14 had electrical gremlins, they bought it back, it took 6 months maybe 7, it was a long exhausting process, #1 factor is having your local dealers service advisor and manager on your side, i never once went in and mother f anything or anyone, but read up on ur states laws so u understand your rights and the process,  that way if they present u a offer u are ready, example, in NYS anything after 12000 miles there a charge per mile,  by law

Edited by jamin87ss

Progress, stay on top of them, nicely but firmly, my 14 had electrical gremlins, they bought it back, it took 6 months maybe 7, it was a long exhausting process, #1 factor is having your local dealers service advisor and manager on your side, i never once went in and kother fed anything or anyone, but read up on ur states laws so u understand your rights and the process,  that way if they present u a offer u are ready, example, in NYS anything after 12000 miles there a charge per mile,  by law

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. 

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HeySkippyDog said:

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. 

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

LOL, arfcommer?

We bought a Silverado in November and two days later we had a brake system failure. Now it is back in the shop for a steering system failure. They can’t even get the part to replace it. 

I am asking for a vehicle swap from GM. Not sure how the process works. But you could inquire about it as well. 

I am lucky that I have the lemon law on my side and an attorney that has agreed to take the case. So if GM decides to play games I am playing with a loaded deck. 

We bought a Silverado in November and two days later we had a brake system failure. Now it is back in the shop for a steering system failure. They can’t even get the part to replace it. 

I am asking for a vehicle swap from GM. Not sure how the process works. But you could inquire about it as well. 

I am lucky that I have the lemon law on my side and an attorney that has agreed to take the case. So if GM decides to play games I am playing with a loaded deck. 

Lemon laws are for repeated failures with the same system, not repeated failures of multiple systems that are fixed by the maker.

9 minutes ago, Robotaz said:

Lemon laws are for repeated failures with the same system, not repeated failures of multiple systems that are fixed by the maker.

Uhhhhh, no. I actually called my Lemon Law division with the Texas DMV and mine DOES IN FACT fall under lemon law because of two safety hazard issues given the issues affect the safety of the vehicle. 

maybe go to law school before trying to act like the smartest kid in class. 

Uhhhhh, no. I actually called my Lemon Law division with the Texas DMV and mine DOES IN FACT fall under lemon law because of two safety hazard issues given the issues affect the safety of the vehicle. 

maybe go to law school before trying to act like the smartest kid in class. 

Maybe behave like an adult.

1 minute ago, Robotaz said:

Maybe behave like an adult.

You are so hilarious! Trying to correct me only to be made a fool of because I actually know what I am talking about because I actually picked up my phone and made phone calls to protect my rights as a consumer, rather than pretending to know everything and listening to some schmuck on the internet. Then you can’t even come up with a good response!

So to be put nicely, there are different laws for every state. I live in ny so it’s 30 days for different issues total or 4 repair attempts for the same issue. Your best bet it is to check your attorney generals website for the exact qualifications under your state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So to be put nicely, there are different laws for every state. I live in ny so it’s 30 days for different issues total or 4 repair attempts for the same issue. Your best bet it is to check your attorney generals website for the exact qualifications under your state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

*Update #5*

Well the dealer has been told ALL STOP on my truck.  They informed me yesterday that GM would be reaching out to me yesterday...  I'm still waiting to get a phone call today to know what exactly is going on.  I have asked to call GM while I'm with the service manager because it shouldn't take a week to be told that they are not going to fix the truck.  He informed me that they would call me eventually.  Luckily they did swap me out from the Trax I was driving to an older style truck with out all the bells and whistles.  I at least fit better in this truck but it sucks bad that you spend 65-70k on a truck and get a years worth of use then be hosed.  I'm trying to stay positive but I'm hearing more horror stories now with GM vehicles and I've always been a loyal GM buyer this being my 3rd brand new Chevy I've purchased.   I'll keep you guys posted as to what the heck is going on while I act like a teenage girl waiting on the phone to ring...

Edited by Pyrojodge
  • Like 1