16k miles and now I'm angry...

On 12/6/2019 at 7:25 PM, Keebss said:

You are so hilarious! Trying to correct me only to be made a fool of because I actually know what I am talking about because I actually picked up my phone and made phone calls to protect my rights as a consumer, rather than pretending to know everything and listening to some schmuck on the internet. Then you can’t even come up with a good response!

Watch out guys, he made a phone call!

Is your self esteem so friggin low that you need to put someone else down for what they understood to be true?

Could also be Dunning/Kruger effect.

Maybe you should pick up your phone and google the definition of a run on sentence.

On 12/6/2019 at 8:36 PM, Thejet07 said:

So to be put nicely, there are different laws for every state. I live in ny so it’s 30 days for different issues total or 4 repair attempts for the same issue. Your best bet it is to check your attorney generals website for the exact qualifications under your state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone should have made a phone call to find this out.?

Then maybe someone wouldn't look like a ranting child wanting to return his shiny bauble when he finds a nick in it.

If I had a nickle for every person whos lawyer took their money on a solid case only to lose, I would have a driveway so full of nickles that I would need 4wd to go get the mail.

Edit: Dunning/Kruger it is.

Edited by RaisedByWolves

2 hours ago, Pyrojodge said:

*Update #5*

Well the dealer has been told ALL STOP on my truck.  They informed me yesterday that GM would be reaching out to me yesterday...  I'm still waiting to get a phone call today to know what exactly is going on.  They are I have asked to call GM while I'm with the service manager because it shouldn't take a week to be told that they are not going to fix the truck.  He informed me that they would call me eventually.  Luckily they did swap me out from the Trax I was driving to a older style truck with out at bells and whistles.  I at least fit better in this truck but it sucks bad that you spend 65-70k on a truck and get a years worth of use then be hosed.  I'm trying to stay positive but I'm hearing more horror stories now with GM vehicles and I've always been a loyal GM buyer this being my 3rd brand new Chevy I've purchased.   I'll keep you guys posted as to what the heck is going on while I act like a teenage girl waiting the phone to ring...

Seems like a positive development.

Someone should have made a phone call to find this out.[emoji37]

Then maybe someone wouldn't look like a ranting child wanting to return his shiny bauble when he finds a nick in it.

If I had a nickle for every person whos lawyer took their money on a solid case only to lose, I would have a driveway so full of nickles that I would need 4wd to go get the mail.

Edit: Dunning/Kruger it is.

In NY, the lawyer doesn’t take your money. They only get paid if they win.

• Thanks 1

*Update #6*

Well,  I waited, and waited, annnnddddd waited... no call... So I started making some calls and trying to find my way through GM support.  Finally I was able to get an extension number for someone I should talk to and transferred me and it rang and rang but nothing.  I was going to call it directly but they didn't give me the beginning part of the number just the extension.  So more calling around and explaining and I was able to get ahold of the person that was looking into my case.  She promptly told me that she'd called me... Ummmm no.  I've had no calls.  So I spent 30 to 40 minutes trying to remember everything from 2 weeks ago and what everyone has told me at the dealer and such.  My truck is still sitting on the floor no one is supposed to touch it and they tell me that it may take 30 days for GM to make a decision.  I even offered for them not to fix the damage on the front because dang it I want MY truck that I am paying for to work like it's supposed to.  I'm really getting frustrated by this whole situation. I work for an automotive supplier and I know the hoops we have to go through to get parts approved and I want to know who signed off having electronics between the driver and the brake pads.  seems really stupid to me. Sorry for the rant but no progress even through I've now sent several return emails and calls and....... *crickets*..........

On 12/13/2019 at 2:04 PM, Pyrojodge said:

*Update #6*

Well,  I waited, and waited, annnnddddd waited... no call... So I started making some calls and trying to find my way through GM support.  Finally I was able to get an extension number for someone I should talk to and transferred me and it rang and rang but nothing.  I was going to call it directly but they didn't give me the beginning part of the number just the extension.  So more calling around and explaining and I was able to get ahold of the person that was looking into my case.  She promptly told me that she'd called me... Ummmm no.  I've had no calls.  So I spent 30 to 40 minutes trying to remember everything from 2 weeks ago and what everyone has told me at the dealer and such.  My truck is still sitting on the floor no one is supposed to touch it and they tell me that it may take 30 days for GM to make a decision.  I even offered for them not to fix the damage on the front because dang it I want MY truck that I am paying for to work like it's supposed to.  I'm really getting frustrated by this whole situation. I work for an automotive supplier and I know the hoops we have to go through to get parts approved and I want to know who signed off having electronics between the driver and the brake pads.  seems really stupid to me. Sorry for the rant but no progress even through I've now sent several return emails and calls and....... *crickets*..........

I hope they buy it back from you, it appears that truck has too many issues that they cannot fix.  They should take it back to tear it down and find out why.  I have only had to go thru the lemon law tribunal once and it was a PITA.  GM is a big company and they move slow but like everything, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Sadly each dealership is independently owned and GM has very little control over them but once you get corporate involved and sometimes you have to do things like get your local paper involved or something that will get GM executives attention.  At the end of the day, trucks are their biggest money makers.  Unhappy customers will spread the word faster and farther than a happy one.  Good luck.

* Update #7*

Call from GM first thing this morning and they informed me that they were sending in a 3rd party contractor to tear down my truck and look into the issues I'm having.  They didn't give me a whole lot of information but I do know that all of my information was sent to them and the engineering team investigated my issues.  I wish I had more news but they told me it would take at least 10 days for the investigators to go over everything and make a report.  (ON A SIDE NOTE: I was also called shortly after that phone call from the dealer saying that I need to bring in my loaner vehicle because it has to be turned back in before 2,500 miles are on the truck.  I'm at 2,100 miles roughly.  They also do not have a replacement for me to take... So that's great... It seems like I'm just out a 4wd vehicle as we are now starting to get sh!ty weather which is the entire reason I bought the truck...)  Merry Christmas everyone!

20 hours ago, Pyrojodge said:

* Update #7*

Call from GM first thing this morning and they informed me that they were sending in a 3rd party contractor to tear down my truck and look into the issues I'm having.  They didn't give me a whole lot of information but I do know that all of my information was sent to them and the engineering team investigated my issues.  I wish I had more news but they told me it would take at least 10 days for the investigators to go over everything and make a report.  (ON A SIDE NOTE: I was also called shortly after that phone call from the dealer saying that I need to bring in my loaner vehicle because it has to be turned back in before 2,500 miles are on the truck.  I'm at 2,100 miles roughly.  They also do not have a replacement for me to take... So that's great... It seems like I'm just out a 4wd vehicle as we are now starting to get sh!ty weather which is the entire reason I bought the truck...)  Merry Christmas everyone!

Sounds like my situation with my motor knock. It got to the point of sending a field engineer to go through my truck. I waited about a month for GM to call and set a date with my dealer. When I never heard back, I called GM and they said they are no longer sending anyone. GM's customer service is an embarrassment to the brand. 

On 12/10/2019 at 4:01 PM, Thejet07 said:

In NY, the lawyer doesn’t take your money. They only get paid if they win.

Same in CT. My lemon law lawyer doesn't make me pay a dime unless we win 100% in my favor. All their fees are paid by GM. 

• Like 1

Alright,@Pyrojodge I've been making Spongebob driving jokes about your brake issue, but something somewhat related happened to me.

We're having a series of storms come through the area with a new frontal boundary, and it is just dark beyond belief outside.

I took an unusual but not entirely unfamiliar route home.

I knew I was looking for a 4 way intersection, but didn't see it until I did, even with high beams on.

The stop sign I was looking for was laying on the ground. The road isn't painted. I couldn't see JACK SHIT to tell me anything.

Scared the SHIT out of me crossing that intersection and seeing lights through either side! The only thing that didn't make it through unscathed was my underwear.

Too dark out. Staying home.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

*Update #8*

Well met with the field tech on Wednesday.  He went to the dealership first went over the truck then came to my home to meet with me.  Seemed like a very nice gentleman.  He also now understands why it's a necessity to have 4wd for where I live... Took some pictures and got my information.  He was hoping to have his report submitted before Christmas.  I'm sure that GM will not respond until the new year however.  Hoping that everyone has a safe and joyous holiday season and stay safe.  I've been warning other 19 drivers about my issues and making sure that they know about the newest recall on the brakes.  I don't know if mine's anyway related to that but it should be enough to get people thinking about it... 

*side update on the rental truck - I still have it sitting on 2,300 miles at the moment...  I will probably clip the 2,500 mark today as I'm out running errands...  Called the dealer to see if they had a replacement 4 wheel drive and I was told all they had was a Malibu so I'm keeping the truck... I hope the mileage thing doesn't come back to bite me in anyway cause It's not really anything remotely my fault that they can't get me into another 4wd...