16k miles and now I'm angry...

these trucks have an electronic vacuum pump module assembly that is part of the EBCM. they will malfunction. i have replaced 7 of these on the 19-20 trucks already. the brake pad monitor life is just a software update. they will not change the pads cuz there is nothing wrong with the brake pads. i have done this update 20+ times. if they EBCM vacuum pump assembly is faulty it will set dtcs and sometimes a check engine light. and when faulty it can reduce top speed or say braking system is reduced. 

as far as the fuel gauge only saying you can fill to 7/8ths of a tank this could be a software issue, i havent personally seen it yet. it could also be something with in the tank it self .

the lane assist /parking assist could be a dirty sensor or a sensor went bad. 

the grill and steps cosmetic issues should be covered. 

also while it is there if it hasnt been done ( assuming not since it was just released ) there is a recall about a seat belt pretensioner causing the carpet to catch fire in the case of an accident. there is a stop sale on this recall. they will address this while there and any other open field actions/recalls 

• Like 2

On 11/22/2019 at 9:35 AM, L86 All Terrain said:

Stay away from 1st model years. I have nothing but problems with my 2014 Silverado and my 2015 Sierra has been great. I know its nice to be the first guy on the block with a new one but the headaches down the road are not worth it. My 2014 sometimes when coasting into town the AFM will try to kick in and all of a sudden it downshifts to 2nd gear locking up the rear end screeching the tires (or fishtailing in winter). This could kill me or someone else easily, GM replaced the TEHCM in the trans 3 times. I have told them over and over its AFM related and they cant figure it out. Drive in M5 (no afm) and its perfectly fine, wont do it. 

You don't want to mess around with bad brakes, easiest way to get hurt in a vehicle. I hope you get your issues sorted out, my bro's F150 5.0L has had its share of issues and 2019 Ram is apparently even worse. They are too computerized now, all module/software/hardware problems. Too many features and creature comforts, epa rules, etc have made them the most expensive vehicles ever, which also happen to be the biggest pos's ever. 

this sadly is true, i am a tech for a gm dealership. last december i bought an 2018 sierra. the last year of that body style and i havent had 1 issue yet at 12,000 

• Like 2

It's also very possible that a 19 will not have any problems. Mi e has 7k miles with zero issues, knock on woood, lol.

I must say I am very happy I passed on the 2018 and went with the 19.

Better mpg, is just an added bonus imo

The new T1 models are just freakin awesome. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jay webb said:

this sadly is true, i am a tech for a gm dealership. last december i bought an 2018 sierra. the last year of that body style and i havent had 1 issue yet at 12,000 

Lucky you. I’ve had my sending unit replaced and have had the rear end clunking and squeaking they’ve been famous for. It’s been good for the past 6 months and 5k miles but before that I wasn’t loving the truck. 

You think that’s bad, you should check out the Ford Forum, non stop issues with their eco-boosts, aluminum bodies etc. Every manufacturer has issues, Lexus, Toyota, Dodge, Ford and yes even GM lol. I’ve got an 18, SLT Z71 6.2, with over $10K (personal touch) into it and though I can see and understand the nitpicking, everything is fixable, everything, just need time, a little know how AND Patience!

One thing is for certain, I’d never run out and purchase the very first year redesigned motor and transmission vehicle coming into the market, I refuse to be a Guinea Pig but give it some time and I’m sure next couple years the much more improved versions of the T1’s will not disappoint you.

Overall, from the Fords, Dodges, Toyota’s I’ve owned and after owning GM’s K2’s 14, 16....and now this 18, it’s definitely been the best truck I’ve ever owned!

Sent from Above

• Like 2

Back to the topic.

I went with the new T1, based on just how much time and effort Chevy put into the T1.

They doubled their testing matrix and logged 31 million miles. And, for me, that's a pretty safe bet. As I said before, no problems thus far.

Honestly, I think any year model can have problems.  Sometimes it can just be the luck of the draw. 

The new Dodge owner I mentioned in another thread, well Dodge is going to refund him his money.  Just so many MAJOR problems. 

I gotta say, Chevy imo, is the most solid of all

• Like 1

The T1’s are definitely unique and as with every new body style it takes a bit to get used to but overall, the T1’s are awesome trucks and IMO, they’re much nicer than any other truck on the road.

Sent from Above

• Like 1

Also, would I have a 2018 model?  Lol, hell yeah!

Not a thing wrong with them! I just like the 2019 better.

That being said, I would never go with a Ford and their eco boost. Talk about being a Guinea Pig!

No turbo for me or eco boost for me

I love the solid V8 engine Chevy puts out.

Whether the 5.3 or 6.2, both are solid as hell.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TXGREEK said:

The T1’s are definitely unique and as with every new body style it takes a bit to get used to but overall, the T1’s are awesome trucks and IMO, they’re much nicer than any other truck on the road.

Sent from Above

Thank you. 

Ya know, for around town and what not, the seats could be more comfy. That's for sure.

But as mentioned before and not just by me, that on a long trip they are very comfy!? Lol, go figure, right?

I have good relationships with the Service Advisors at my local/selling dealer.  However, I don't buy into this notion that we have to kiss up to them to get good service.

First step when a service visit is unsatisfactory is to bump it up to the Service Manager.  Normally, that will get it taken care of.  If not, take it to the owner/owners of the dealership (General Mgr usually a waste of time; CYA the first arrow in his/her quiver).  From there right up the chain to the Regional GM manager, etc.

August 2018 I had my Roadtrek (on a 3500 Chevy Express platform) in for service prior to a Minnesota trip to see my elderly aunts.  Around 100 miles into the trip near Mt. Airy, NC, there was a severe knocking from what sounded, we thought, the rear of the vehicle.  Local GM dealers didn't have a lift for an 8,000 lb vehicle, so we limped back home on secondary roads.  Next day, I took the Roadtrek back to the dealer.

Turns out the problem was a sway bar bushing.  When I asked the Service Manager, "Shouldn't that have been caught in the '23-point inspection?", he knocked $200 off the bill.  There is a comment on my vehicle profiles now that the Shop Foreman will ensure the 23-point inspection isn't pencil whipped (in so many words) and that all work is properly done.

Paraphrasing Woodrow Call in Lonesome Dove - I won't tolerate poor service.

53 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

Also, would I have a 2018 model?  Lol, hell yeah!

Not a thing wrong with them! I just like the 2019 better.

That being said, I would never go with a Ford and their eco boost. Talk about being a Guinea Pig!

No turbo for me or eco boost for me

I love the solid V8 engine Chevy puts out.

Whether the 5.3 or 6.2, both are solid as hell.

There you have it folks!  GM puts out the most SOLID V8's bar none!  Just ripped 100k on 2016 GMC...nothing but....ZERO Issues!  Love driving it can't wait to get a T1 myself if only I could put the K2 seats in a T1 that would be awesome!

• Like 2

Update #3

Well, I got the truck back last Wednesday but not all of the issues were fixed as they were waiting on parts.  Only issue that I could tell was fixed was the fuel level now reads correctly and side steps have been replaced.  Brake pad indicator still reads wrong, rear window not fixed waiting on parts.  front grill waiting on parts. and something to do with the front sensors and camera are waiting on parts.  I was assured that the braking issue was fixed.  Well, I had 4 days off and put 500+ miles on the truck from Wednesday afternoon to Saturday. 

Now I have more fun issues,

Seat now vibrates at random.  No notification on the dash or heads up display.  My infotainment screen goes randomly blue at different times.  I cant accept or hang up calls using the steering wheel or the touch screen.  The Bluetooth skips for some reason about ever 1min and 30 seconds.  It's annoying as heck... 

And the final cherry on top...

I went yesterday to visit with my mom who is getting up in age but we live on the same property.  Spent an hour plus with her and drove the truck.  When I was returning to my home I had a car parked in front of my garage and in my side yard.  I was going to part next to the 2nd car.  Was going slow to make the turn to park and my brake pedal when right to the floor.  I made the decision to not hit my house so I went to turn to the right and clipped my well stand pipe with the right front bumper.  I called the dealer first thing this morning but now what do I do?  I've called the GM customer service, I've notified the government of my first incident.  I really don't trust this vehicle now...  That's twice that it sent my blood pressure through the roof and it was after it was "FIXED"... What is the right way to go forward?  I guess I should be thankful that I was parking outside and not into my garage because I would have driven right through the wall...

Edited by Pyrojodge

3 hours ago, Pyrojodge said:

Update #3

Well, I got the truck back last Wednesday but not all of the issues were fixed as they were waiting on parts.  Only issue that I could tell was fixed was the fuel level now reads correctly and side steps have been replaced.  Brake pad indicator still reads wrong, rear window not fixed waiting on parts.  front grill waiting on parts. and something to do with the front sensors and camera are waiting on parts.  I was assured that the braking issue was fixed.  Well, I had 4 days off and put 500+ miles on the truck from Wednesday afternoon to Saturday. 

Now I have more fun issues,

Seat now vibrates at random.  No notification on the dash or heads up display.  My infotainment screen goes randomly blue at different times.  I cant accept or hang up calls using the steering wheel or the touch screen.  The Bluetooth skips for some reason about ever 1min and 30 seconds.  It's annoying as heck... 

And the final cherry on top...

I went yesterday to visit with my mom who is getting up in age but we live on the same property.  Spent an hour plus with her and drove the truck.  When I was returning to my home I had a car parked in front of my garage and in my side yard.  I was going to part next to the 2nd car.  Was going slow to make the turn to park and my brake pedal when right to the floor.  I made the decision to not hit my house so I went to turn to the right and clipped my well stand pipe with the right front bumper.  I called the dealer first thing this morning but now what do I do?  I've called the GM customer service, I've notified the government of my first incident.  I really don't trust this vehicle now...  That's twice that it sent my blood pressure through the roof and it was after it was "FIXED"... What is the right way to go forward?  I guess I should be thankful that I was parking outside and not into my garage because I would have driven right through the wall...

Don’t know where you live but for CA lemon law they only get 2 tries to fix something that could cause serious injury or death (ie brake failure)