Recall N192268090

On 1/13/2020 at 7:28 PM, SeTex said:

I drove mine for 6 days with the check engine light on. No issues. Just got mine back today. GM is now saying not to start the truck using the app from this point until they can come up with a fix.

FCF42D22-3452-41A7-AA59-779A99F66BA8.jpeg

Yeah, just got mine back today and was told the same, I am fine starting it with the remote fob but not the app other than that all is well.

• Like 1

Mine truck has been in 2 times after the recall had been completed due to no brakes. 
so now for the new twist on what’s happening, I was pulling my trailer Saturday down the interstate and turned my blinker on and a alert came on saying trailer brake malfunction and had no trailer brakes and my brake pedal was hard as a rock when trying to stop the truck and the weight of the trailer. There were no other codes or messages that popped up. 
Speaking for myself I do not trust this truck anymore in its ability to stop let alone with trailer in tow. 
someone is going to get hurt not even counting the property damage that will be incurred. 
this is a company vehicle and I will not allow any of my employees to drive this particular truck. 
I have been a Chevy/GM person my whole life but things are starting change. 
I wish I had never bought this truck. 
I have been told everything from low voltage in the battery to brake module and now don’t use the Chevy app.

what is drawing the battery down?

what is the onstar app doing to cause a major loss of brakes?

what is causing loss of brakes on the vehicle and trailer just out of the blue?

i am in the process and have been talking to Chevy/GM corporate to take this truck back and hope it does not get into a legal battle. 

There is an update to the N192268090 recall that will get rid of the loss of brake assist. This update was released on 1/15/2020 and the update was pushed 1/16/2020. This update will take about 30 minutes and since I have had this update done, my 2019 Sierra 1500 SLT is no longer having the loss of brake assist when remote starting the car with the app. They seemed to have fixed the issue.

2 hours ago, FMic said:

There is an update to the N192268090 recall that will get rid of the loss of brake assist. This update was released on 1/15/2020 and the update was pushed 1/16/2020. This update will take about 30 minutes and since I have had this update done, my 2019 Sierra 1500 SLT is no longer having the loss of brake assist when remote starting the car with the app. They seemed to have fixed the issue.

Thanks for the info. 
I just picked my truck up about an hour ago from the dealership that installed that exact updated!!

i really hope this fixes the issues so I can start to gain trust again. 
after the loss of brakes with a fully loaded trailer in tow on the interstate I have to admit I was pretty shaken and I really am hoping this is the final fix. 
thanks again for the info and hope this is the fix for everyone!

i will post again soon of the progress. 

3 minutes ago, bamorris2 said:

Is there any reason to have the updated software installed if I never ever use the app? The original recall was done in December and I’ve had no issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original recall was for brakes being hard to press at times during slow speed operation such as parking lots etc. but apparently this reared it’s head during the programming. 
my brakes were fine before they did the recall. I took mine in for the alternator cable and seat belt and when I picked it up they said we went ahead and done the brake recall which I was not aware of and that’s when I started having all the issues?

2 hours ago, bamorris2 said:

Is there any reason to have the updated software installed if I never ever use the app? The original recall was done in December and I’ve had no issues at all.

It might if you got in an accident and claimed the brakes failed, GM could ask if you had all the TSBs and Recalls completed and if not, it could go west. It is better to get it done because you know about it and so far no one has claimed any problems with the PIT5728B update. I never had problems with my HC and I got it done just to keep everything up to date.

I wouldn’t rush out and do it. Wait a while until we know for sure the “fix” is in fact a fix.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2020 at 8:18 PM, Comscan said:

Yeah, just got mine back today and was told the same, I am fine starting it with the remote fob but not the app other than that all is well.

Update, mine went in yesterday for the fix to fix the first fix (sorry couldn't resist that) anyway I have done 4 separate remote starts today with the app and all seems to be well, so glad to have that function back!

On 1/8/2020 at 10:13 AM, BlancoSilverado said:

This is what im afraid of. I never had a problem with my brakes.

If i have the recall done am i going to have problems.

Thanks, for posting

I didn't have a problem with my brakes either but had my seatbelt and brake recall done and truck is same....

Guys, I work for an import store and GM is not the only manufacturer having software issues with their vehicles, on some models we have to replace a hard part once an update is done, I know it's disheartening especially with what we spend on these vehicles but I for one have confidence in my purchase.

As a footnote we have several GM stores in the group too!

After the last recall on the brakes which seem to have finally worked I am now having problems with alerts saying trailer brake malfunction and then immediately saying trailer brakes are connected and then saying trailer wiring malfunction and then saying trailer brakes connected?

This goes on about very two minutes while driving?

I can hook up the same trailer to another truck and there are no problems at all. 
During the trailer wiring malfunction warning the trailer lights are still working and the trailer brakes are working when manually applied?

when I turn the truck off and re start it everything works fine for about 5 to 10 minutes then the warnings start again. 
Any suggestions or thoughts?