Interior lighting?

I purchased this product from Amazon Prime for $12.99: Auto Car Ceiling Roof Lights Dual-color Fixture with Universal USB.  It is a rechargeable LED round dome lamp. Works great accept that the double stick tape would not stay on my cloth headliner. I then installed a heavy duty 3M tape from Home Depot (with red backing). So far it has not come off. I would recommend these products.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 3:00 PM, kodiakdenali said:

Not sure if the dome behaves differently on different trims but on mine the BCM output does not turn on if you turn on the map lights individually, but there is also a manual dome light button on the overhead console, that one turns on all of the map lights front and back, it does turn on the BCM output which activates the extra lights. I like it very much this way. if I really want light I can push that button, but if I just need to see but don't want super bright light I can push the individual lights which turn on that one light only. the passenger can still turn on their light to see something without turning all of the interior lights on which would be way too bright at night time with the addons...it actually works great!

On 2/16/2021 at 2:52 PM, mandrewbot3k said:

image.thumb.png.b766ed2f2f2f6b87cce2056b3aa566ef.png

Just wanted to follow up that the DPDT relay with a 100uF capacitor worked much better. There is less of a delay when switching from door assist mode to regular operation. Works well when applying the dome light manually too. It's a great upgrade.

• 3 months later...

One interesting issue I had messing around with these mods is that when I did the overhead console mod, I had no problems just tapping the gray interior lamp control wire, running a ground and that was fine. 

As a second mod I was going to add footwell lights, but BCM X1 pin 23 didn't seem to have any power when I checked it with a working LED I use for testing, even when the dome lights were on.   Pretty sure I had the right module it was the only one with gray wires in pins 21 and 23, and if unplugged it killed the interior lights.    In the end I just wired them into one of my upfitter switches.   

Using a meter it does look like the voltage increases on the 23 pin when the dome lights are on, but it's a tiny amount like 0.1v that seems nowhere near enough to trigger a 12v relay.  Is anyone actually powering lights off this 23 pin wire, like in the overhead console, or only using it to trigger a relay?   

Edited by todd308

• 5 months later...
On 12/15/2019 at 11:18 PM, mandrewbot3k said:

Has anyone added any interior lighting?

It’s awfully dark inside the cab when I’m looking for stuff at night. Don’t feel like I should need a flashlight for my truck.

I feel like every other tick I’ve had had nice bright lights on the door near the kicker panel and could actually illuminate the cab.

Just curious if anyone’s added anything like led lighting below the dash or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

I have been browsing this forum for about two months. I have finally just joined. So much great information and knowledge. I want to thank kodiakdenali, Arboc, Rook126 and 2020 SLT owner for your knowledge and experience for the interior lighting install. I have just completed the 11mm Oznium LED install in my TB and it has made a huge difference! I will try to start posting more regularly now that I am a member. Again thank you. 

• Thanks 1