Tow Mirror Connector(s)

I purchased the new style tow mirrors (Part # 84558571) from Chevrolet and they installed fine.  My original mirrors were heated, powered and non folding.  The new mirrors are heated, powered, non-folding, but include the LED Turn signals to the front and the White LED Lamps for backup or cargo.  I have included photos and you can see that the new mirrors have three additional pins in the connector.  Testing those pins they go to the white led, front led running lights, and front turn signal.  Since my truck did not include these functions and the BCM cannot be programmed for them, I have added a separate wiring loom up to the connector.  I am having difficulty finding the correct part number for the pin that fits in the connector.    The OEM Connector is part number 35077331.  My local dealer was unable to find a part number for the pin or connector.  If anyone can help me out with a correct part number for the pin to fit in the connector and where I can purchase it I would truly appreciate it.

tow mirror.jpg

IMG_0881.JPEG

Edited by Mr. G
Change notification settings

those look similar to the pins over have worked on Allison transmission, it may be an Metri-Pack 280 female terminal. Could be wrong but its most likely it, GM uses alot of Metri Pack connectors. You can find these at a local NAPA.  Maybe take your mirror and go to napa see if they have metri pack terminals and see which one fits the width and thickness of your male terminals

• 1 year later...
On 12/30/2019 at 10:21 AM, Mr. G said:

I purchased the new style tow mirrors (Part # 84558571) from Chevrolet and they installed fine.  My original mirrors were heated, powered and non folding.  The new mirrors are heated, powered, non-folding, but include the LED Turn signals to the front and the White LED Lamps for backup or cargo.  I have included photos and you can see that the new mirrors have three additional pins in the connector.  Testing those pins they go to the white led, front led running lights, and front turn signal.  Since my truck did not include these functions and the BCM cannot be programmed for them, I have added a separate wiring loom up to the connector.  I am having difficulty finding the correct part number for the pin that fits in the connector.    The OEM Connector is part number 35077331.  My local dealer was unable to find a part number for the pin or connector.  If anyone can help me out with a correct part number for the pin to fit in the connector and where I can purchase it I would truly appreciate it.

Any luck finding these terminal pins?

4 hours ago, Transient said:

Refer to Newdude's post directly above your post.  He's very knowledgeable about things like this.  His word is golden on this one. 

I think Aaaaaaaayush was referring to pins available other than dealer, like a napa part number or McMasterCarr. Not that he wasn't agreeing with Mr. newdude. Which, by the way, it's nice he is on our team. 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...