Unreliability

Johnd143

Never have I owned such unreliable trucks as my last two. I traded in a 2016 Silverado because I had so many transmission. Issues. It was in the shop for 7 weeks because the parts were on national backorder. So I traded it for a 2019 which I lost my $#% on the trade. GMAC charged me a very high interest rate on top of that. Now I find out the 2019 has a seized motor from a blown oil line. It has 20k this is totally unacceptable for any vehicle. 

• 3 weeks later...

What's with the salty responses? 

Guy's dropped $100k on trucks in 3 years that spend most of their time in the shop and all you can do is make fun of him? Not his fault or his maintenance skills, it's GM's fault. Sure every vehicle has its issues, but your lying to yourself if you think these trucks are rock solid. If people don't share their stories publicly online, GM wont have any incentive to put out the best quality product they can on the first try. And truth be known, they have been taking a steamy dump in terms of reliability since the GMT9's. Once a month I get a recall notice. My 2010 never went to the garage once, not once in 5 years, now we go in for monthly 'software updates' to fix problems caused by lackluster hardware and rushed software. It's nonsense and shouldn't be happening. Hopefully stories like this serve as a wake up call for our favourite automaker. GM used to have 5 brands in the JD Power Top 10 Reliability test, they now only have 2 and are only there because of small cars like the Chevy Sonic or Buick Lacrosse, the trucks have pushed them out of contention as well as Cadillac as a whole. They have fallen behind historically problematic brands like Kia, Subaru and Chrysler. Personally, I don't find that acceptable for the MSRP's they are demanding for trucks these days. Hopefully GM doesn't either. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have to agree. I had a 2002 Duramax that was great, until we hit a moose with it.

Then a 3/4 ton gasser 2009 that's been pretty good.

But my 2014 1500 is just not there. All the buttons and electronics are failing. Terrible bed bounce on the interstate. Starter failed twice. Leaking CV axles at 12,000 miles. Brake booster failed. AC compressor went out. Trailer brake warning every couple months. Lagging throttle response, rough shifting.

Looking at the Tundra after they redesign it.

• Like 1

I wouldn't look at it after they redesign it, I'd look at it NOW, they've got all the bugs worked out of it.  If you wait for the re-design, you're just putting yourself back into where you put yourself when you got your 2014.  More problems.  Even with a Crapota.   Aside from the shitty fuel economy of the Tundra, right now would be the right time to buy one I suppose if you want to go that route. 

• Like 1