Tailgate LED light Bar Install

I installed a Putco Blade on my 19 Sierra Denali and agree that where it is mounted limits the visibility of it when closer to the truck although from a distance it is perfectly visible so I may leave I may leave it where it is for now at least.  I purchased the wiring harness from Putco as well because in the past on other trucks I have done the splice to install method and the wires ALWAYS corrode over time causing issues.  With the wiring harness it is simply plug and play with the exception of the backup lights but that was a simple fix.  Personally I would go with the Putco Blade and also get the harness from them as well but make sure you order the one for the 19 and up cause it is different for the GMC, not too sure about the Chevy's though.

The weather here sucks so it's dark and the truck is dirty, but you get the idea.  First 3 are today, close up so you can see it mounted on the 'lip'.  Other pics are the ones I took last night in the garage to show light the lights on.

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

Edited by Darmichar

1 hour ago, Darmichar said:

The weather here sucks so it's dark and the truck is dirty, but you get the idea.  First 3 are today, close up so you can see it mounted on the 'lip'.  Other pics are the ones I took last night in the garage to show light the lights on.

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

Thanks

Thanks Darren.  Looks like a good place.  It looks like the lip is squared off on the Silverado.  I believe it’s rounded on my Sierra.  Will have to check it out because you placement is much better from a visibility standpoint.