"Brake system failure" "Service ESC" LEMON?

Same thing happened to me, 2019 Silverado LT (Hecho en México) with 5000 miles, after the recall fix for erroneous brake pad wear reading.  Display said Trailer brake failure, do not exceed 62 MPH.  I wasn't trailering, but when I went down my driveway, found I had no power assist and ended up on my neighbor's lawn.  Got it back up the driveway, had a variety of messages including Service ESC.  Next morning all messages had cleared, made appt with dealer, who told me there are no recalls.

Day 3 of PIT5728B being done to my truck after the initial brake recall and app/remote starts caused it to have all the warnings and diminished braking.

So far so good, my dealer has been amazing I was in a loaner a month while this was being figured out. 

I recommend everyone with the issue bring the TSB to their dealer's attention

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashley6462 said:

Day 3 of PIT5728B being done to my truck after the initial brake recall and app/remote starts caused it to have all the warnings and diminished braking.

So far so good, my dealer has been amazing I was in a loaner a month while this was being figured out. 

I recommend everyone with the issue bring the TSB to their dealer's attention

Thanks for this.  Keep us updated.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RocksRock said:

I’m on day 3 no issues after software update. But, Onstar still cannot get diagnostics w probe. So I need to go back to dealer. 

thank u all for yur help. We better stick together. Great forum. 

Are you saying Onstar cannot perform a Diagnostics report on your vehicle [IE the report you can get once a month] or Onstar cannot tell you what the error code is if one exists? [These two operations should be the same thing but....]

4 minutes ago, Shawn O'Leary said:

I spoke to a Detroit Free Press reporter for a while about this today. GM is finally admitting their December brake update/recall is causing brake problems for owners. I believe she will have something out this week.

Sounds good. Thanks for the update.

5 hours ago, Cory Young said:

This is insane!!! Right after the recall is completed the bs starts. Same error code P25A2 on my 2019 Sierra Denali 6.2 this is definitely not a good look GMC.

I was interviewed for a story on this, coming out in the next day or so. GM is supposedly going to issue a new recall for all the 2019 to correct this. In the meantime we're all R&D dummies for GM. 

• Like 1

Awesome article. 
I really appreciate all you did!!!
so far mine is good. 
I hv driven GM vehicles for 15 years and I do not want to change.  But, I have to have brakes & steering. They need to test the recall software updates On their test vehicles first. I pay attention to all updates now. 

thank u again for having the knowledge and courage to take this on!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1