"Brake system failure" "Service ESC" LEMON?

4 hours ago, DenaliDonkey said:

Will GM pay my monthly payment if my truck spends the month at the dealership???

Some owners have had GM or the Dealer provide compensation in the form of Extended Warranties, Monthly payments, Chevy Rewards increased. Contact the dealership, customer service and the GM Field Rep.

I had this happen today started truck while in wal mart with my chevy app. Got into truck started to drive and all of the reported warning lights came on. Of course my brakes where gone to the floor like a old manual system. I had the recall done early Dec. I have started he truck with the app several times since then. I had on star give me the codes drove slowly to the dealer told the service advisor everything that happened she asked a couple of questions and showed her the codes. They had this happen to another customer recently and everything was the same and the codes. She did state that GM is aware of this issue and is "working on it".

They said they had fixed the other vehicle by test driving and computer programing and some other stuff wasn't paying a lot of attention since I had read about this on this forum.

I was just glad she knew about it and admitted GM knows about it. I am in a Colorado for now they only had this one 4wd vehicle left on the lot and it was just turned in.

Thanks

Barry In MO.

I had experienced this issue last week after using my OnStar app to remote start.  Dealer reset it so the CEL could come off.  But today I experienced the Service Brake, etc messages again without any OnStar remote start.  Sitting in the truck in Accessory mode for 10-15 minutes.  CarPlay playing some music.  Then started the truck inside and boom.  Service Brake galore.  Dealer suspected my Accessory mode usage zapped the already low battery to trigger the messages.  Anyone experiencing the same?

11 hours ago, SilveradoRST said:

I had experienced this issue last week after using my OnStar app to remote start.  Dealer reset it so the CEL could come off.  But today I experienced the Service Brake, etc messages again without any OnStar remote start.  Sitting in the truck in Accessory mode for 10-15 minutes.  CarPlay playing some music.  Then started the truck inside and boom.  Service Brake galore.  Dealer suspected my Accessory mode usage zapped the already low battery to trigger the messages.  Anyone experiencing the same?

Does sort of backup the low voltage theory but then there is another problem. Sitting for 15 mins runs your battery down enough to give you brake errors is not a good thing.                     

I sent a certified letter and GM has called me every day. I was unavailable every time (in a meeting) however I am going to ask for extended bumper to bumper coverage considering my truck has only had one occurrence since the trip to the dealership last week. 

2 hours ago, Jswaze88 said:

I sent a certified letter and GM has called me every day. I was unavailable every time (in a meeting) however I am going to ask for extended bumper to bumper coverage considering my truck has only had one occurrence since the trip to the dealership last week. 

Seems very reasonable.  I hope they agree. 

I called up the tow, I didn't want to chance it with the socal freeways... My luck it would fail and I would bump someone haha. OnStar has a truck on the way, about 45 min total since I turned the truck on til tow arrival so I cannot complain, at least they sent a truck asap.

Now let's see what GM say/does.

2 hours ago, Fermy said:

I called up the tow, I didn't want to chance it with the socal freeways... My luck it would fail and I would bump someone haha. OnStar has a truck on the way, about 45 min total since I turned the truck on til tow arrival so I cannot complain, at least they sent a truck asap.

Now let's see what GM say/does.

Have you had the recent Recalls completed on your vehicle? Did you happen to remote start your vehicle with the Chevy/Gmc Myapp? If so GM has a recent software update to hopefully address this situation in PIT 5728B.

If you haven't had these recalls completed, ensure the dealership knows and ensure they get everything done along with the PIT5728B bulletin.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

2 hours ago, Rocz3cqg said:

Have you had the recent Recalls completed on your vehicle? Did you happen to remote start your vehicle with the Chevy/Gmc Myapp? If so GM has a recent software update to hopefully address this situation in PIT 5728B.

If you haven't had these recalls completed, ensure the dealership knows and ensure they get done along with the PIT5728B.

I did have the recalls taken care of by the dealer about two weeks ago or so.  

Yes I did start with the app. 

When the truck was started back up only the check engine light on. Let's hope for the best. I will update asap

6 minutes ago, SilveradoRST said:

Can anyone post the details of the PIT5728B bulletin?  Wasn’t able to find it via Google maybe too new or it is not publicly viewable?  Sorry, I’m new to this so I don’t know how that works.  

Just scroll down.

• Thanks 1