"Brake system failure" "Service ESC" LEMON?

5 hours ago, Ashley6462 said:

Truly think it's a software issue with remote start using both app and fob after recall was done. Both of my failure were after a fob start and an app start.

I just want GM confirmation on this before I go get my truck and deal without remote start until a software fix is out. Have a case opened with customer care suppose to get a call back tomorrow we shall see. I miss my truck 

It is a crap shoot for sure. People losing their brakes before any recalls or TSBs. Some lost their brakes after the initial TSB released. Now people are loosing their brakes after the last 3 Recalls just driving around and or by using the remote start from the App. My HC has had all the recalls completed and use the remote start with no brake problems. There are many without problems but there are enough that GM should take notice and communicate to the dealerships.

Just got a call from my dealer who has had my truck/been working on it for 27 days now (2020 GMC AT4, see my prior post) and GM is having issues still with the software release/getting it to work properly in the vehicles per their words and they quoted him it would prob be at least two more weeks for them to get this fixed. GM has really dropped the ball on this one IMO. My dealer is not really at fault i would say but here i am driving around in a loaner Colorado when i am making monthly payments for a brand new AT4 that has been in the shop longer than in my own garage. I'm quite dejected at this point....

11 minutes ago, nodak_guy said:

Just got a call from my dealer who has had my truck/been working on it for 27 days now (2020 GMC AT4, see my prior post) and GM is having issues still with the software release/getting it to work properly in the vehicles per their words and they quoted him it would prob be at least two more weeks for them to get this fixed. GM has really dropped the ball on this one IMO. My dealer is not really at fault i would say but here i am driving around in a loaner Colorado when i am making monthly payments for a brand new AT4 that has been in the shop longer than in my own garage. I'm quite dejected at this point....

If it was me and that time frame they gave you is the case I would open a Lemon Law claim and start the buy back process. 

37 minutes ago, nodak_guy said:

24 minutes ago, TJay74 said:

If it was me and that time frame they gave you is the case I would open a Lemon Law claim and start the buy back process. 

I agree 100% begin the stages of lemon law. I have everything ready to go for mine. I just heard from my dealer and i'm not 100% confident they're being truthful considering at 10:42 I received an email from On Star stating my truck is having ABS issues but the dealer stated they will need my truck for the next couple days until the brake control module comes in. Reading through the forums I am not confident this is the fix. Fortunately the dealer has me in a RST sivlerado loaner but that's beside the point. GM needs to fix this yesterday, I have all necessary paperwork ready to begin the lengthy Maryland State Lemon Law process in the event my truck is not returned timely. If Truck Manufacturers want to inflate the price of their vehicles to a premium we as consumers need to hold them to the premium standards. Just my .2 cents 

Edited by Jswaze88

6 hours ago, DenaliDonkey said:

Do we have a leg to stand on trying to recoup the monthly payment money or get some kind of a credit? As I too am driving a bare bones loaner while my 50k truck sits in the dealership’s lot?

There have been owners that received some monies for their payments. Probably talk to the Service manager and the GM Field rep along with the GM customer service rep.

2019 Sierra 6.2 NHT

had the recalls done and after first remote start using the app got the warning messages for trailer, esc, abs,  speed limited to 62mph warnings.  Tried the app later that day and sure enough all the warnings again.  Also have a constant CEL..  Second time it took a couple restarts to get the traction control and brake lights to clear.  Definitely corrupt or incorrect software issue

Got it back Tuesday night. Drove home everything fine. Remote app start Wed morning to go to work, no issues. Remote start app before leaving work, get outside and all the lights and warnings were back... Back to the dealer.. At least they gave me a SIlverado loaner this time, first time I got a Trax.... 

I've had this happen to me twice since the recalls (2019/12/18), including after the first "fix" attempt done on 2019/12/31. Both times it has happened when using the app, however when I brought it in the second time there was no mention to not use the app.

If I turn the truck on an off a couple of time it clears all the codes including the CEL, and brakes feel normal. I have not tried driving it with the codes still showing.

As it happened the second time last night I will be calling the dealer this morning. I will also be calling onstar to cancel my app and request a refund.

Ok just dropped it at the dealer. We’ll see what they say. My CEL was still on so that was good for them to pull codes. I had to raise a little hell to get them to give me a loaner later today if I need it. Haven’t had the mushy brakes since but I’m avoiding using the app until this gets resolved. The shuttle guy mentioned that a lot of folks have had this issue in the past week. Fingers crossed GM gets a fix for it soon!

On 1/7/2020 at 9:16 PM, Dymondan said:

This just happened to me tonight coming home from work with my 2019 LT All-Star. I started it with the app and came out to find the ESC warning, trailer brake failure warning, brake failure warning and the check engine light on. I moved the truck in the parking lot and had the squishy brakes and coasting stop. I parked it and restarted it and nothing changed. It wasn’t until I turned it off and got out and Locked it, then started it up again that everything went away except for the CEL. I had the recall done two weeks ago.  It’s going to the dealer Thursday morning. This truck has 540 miles on it. I’m beyond pissed!

Weird this morning it happened again but the third message us now changed.

It used to say: “Brake System Failure 100km/hr Top Speed”

It now says: “Brake System Failure 70km/hr Top Speed

Is this GMs way of solving it? What a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, TLDLTD said:

Weird this morning it happened again but the third message us now changed.

It used to say: “Brake System Failure 100km/hr Top Speed”

It now says: “Brake System Failure 70km/hr Top Speed

Is this GMs way of solving it? What a joke

Ha!  Mine said 62 MPH Top Speed

Just picked up my truck, Dealer replaced Brake Master Cylinder, Power Brake Booster, and Brake Control Module. I remote started the vehicle at the dealership with the MyChevrolet App successfully so time will tell. I called GM and opened a case in addition to requested an address to send a certified complaint and the representative I was speaking to would not relinquish the address he kept stating "A Service Manager will reach out to you in 2-3 days" I eventually got an address from him... This is ridiculous... 

Just picked up my truck, Dealer replaced Brake Master Cylinder, Power Brake Booster, and Brake Control Module. I remote started the vehicle at the dealership with the MyChevrolet App successfully so time will tell. I called GM and opened a case in addition to requested an address to send a certified complaint and the representative I was speaking to would not relinquish the address he kept stating "A Service Manager will reach out to you in 2-3 days" I eventually got an address from him... This is ridiculous... 

I hope for the best for you but I don’t see how replacing parts fixes a computer glitch. Mine seems to throw these errors about every 10 starts. I also start with the app almost every time.

Service tech just called. Was on the phone with a GM engineer. Asked if I used the MYchevy app to start my truck. Told em yes... Engineer said there is a current issue with the "recall" program and OnStar. Said not to us the app again until it's fixed. I'll find out when I get there how I'm going to be notified when it's fixed. Hopefully this fixes the issue and we can get our trucks back..