"Brake system failure" "Service ESC" LEMON?

6 minutes ago, RocksRock said:

This happened to me today.
First time. After remote start.
Using MyChevrolet App on iPhone 8

ios 10
recall work done in  Dec
at routine oil change. 

four messages:

Service ESC

Service Trailer Brake

Brake System Failure - 62 MPH Top Speed

Steering Assist Reduced Drive with care

Lights on dash that were illuminated

ABS 

Check Engine

BRAKE

Traction Control

brake pedal diminished 

only push down 25%

turn off. 
open door

close door

errors go away. 
engine light on

Codes

P25A2

P0606

C0021

called OnStar. 
They said all systems showing failed. 
go to dealer. 

did it again After remote start. 

this is showing up on several forums. 
dealer on Monday. 

Ensure the dealership performs the recently released TSB 5728B which addresses these symptoms and codes.

On 1/5/2020 at 5:39 PM, Jswaze88 said:

Welp, Add me to the Service ESC group.... 1847 Miles 2019 Silverado High Country 6.2. Second time this has happened after scheduling an appointment at my local Chevy Dealer this time the truck through 2 codes P25A2 (The Engine and Transmission System is not performing as expected. An issue has been detected in the Engine Electrical System, including the Charging and Starting System that monitors and controls the engine starting system and 12V battery charging system. If the charge system light stays on, or comes on while driving, there may be a problem with the electrical charging system. Driving while this light is on could drain the battery. If a short distance must be driven with the light on, be sure to turn off all accessories, such as the radio and air conditioner) and C0021 (An issue has been detected in the Antilock Brake System.) 

I do find it interesting that both occurrences have happened while starting the vehicle with the MyChevrolet App. This could be a coincidence. I also find it ironic that the truck has not done this until AFTER I had the perform the Brake recall per their request... Currently the check engine light is on and my appointment is 1/7/2020 I will update after the service is performed. I also plan on notifying GM. This is ridiculous! 

Video of ESC message

Had my brakes fail near Knoxville TN heading to FL trailing a 19 ft boat, downhill. Received a gazillion warnings. Finally got it stopped without crashing. Towed to local GMC dealer where they informed me that no parts were available due to the prior strike. The master cylinder and EBCM required replacement. They did step up and rent me another truck to complete then journey, and then shipped my truck to a close-by GMC dealer. I have submitted all the additional expenses incurred due to the situation to my dealer in Ohio for reimbursement. I am little concerned having read all the threads, that it may occur again. 

Rocks is right.  GM DOES know.  And I do believe they are working on it.  The release of recent TSB I believe is proof of that.  But keep reporting the issues to the NHTSA, that is the right thing to do, and keep reading on these forums.  This needs to be a safety recall, not a simple TSB.  But sadly I fear most (NOT ALL) manufacturers won't take it seriously enough to do a recall unless someone has lost their life or been critically injured.  The right thing is to issue a safety recall, no matter the consequences.  I hope someone at GM realizes this. 

27 minutes ago, Colossus said:

Rocks is right.  GM DOES know.  And I do believe they are working on it.  The release of recent TSB I believe is proof of that.  But keep reporting the issues to the NHTSA, that is the right thing to do, and keep reading on these forums.  This needs to be a safety recall, not a simple TSB.  But sadly I fear most (NOT ALL) manufacturers won't take it seriously enough to do a recall unless someone has lost their life or been critically injured.  The right thing is to issue a safety recall, no matter the consequences.  I hope someone at GM realizes this. 

GM is more interested in quarterly profits.

6 hours ago, Colossus said:

I've been talking to a Detroit Free Press reporter about this. She has been reviewing these threads as well. 

Ok. I have an awesome Dealership Service Dept. 
I had emailed them the TSB you all shared w me. 
I was suspecting software because I checked and my truck updated an hour before the event. 

Service rep said software update should fix it. 
That those of us who had recalls in Dec are the ones who were affected. My truck is being updated now.  I’ll let you know if it doesn’t repeat after the software update. 

Why didn't I read this topic before. Yesterday had all of the fun you all have had. Took the truck out early morning, started the old fashioned push to start way.  Took it out later in the morning, remote from the app and blamo!!! You got it lit up dashboard. Took photos, drove it to the dealer this morning and showed him the photos, response was we are going to need it for a few days. Loaner Colorado......Not comfy will call tomorrow and discuss this TSB.

Tell them to reload new software fr TDB SL gave us. Took 2 hr. 
mine ok so far. If same issue as mine. 
this site is a God send. Thanks for all yur help. 
we hv mechanics and engineers and now computer people. One typo cud affect us all. 
I do not want to buy a Ford or Toyota. But I don’t want to walk either. 
so far software update and I am good today. 
I will note each time my software updates auto on my truck. 
settings

system updates

E79E6B45-FD83-4BBF-A063-0E4CA66BD9DE.png

I've been speaking with an automotive reporter at the Detroit Free Press about these post-recall brake problems. She's talking with GM and is looking for other owners willing to talk on the record about these problems, GM's response/non-response, etc. Her name is Jamie Lareau and her email is [email protected] . She asked that I post her email in case any of you wish to speak with her.