"Brake system failure" "Service ESC" LEMON?

8 minutes ago, batman900 said:

Your amazing Shawn!

Thanks, but I just got sick of the corporate double speak and run around from GM. I was a reporter once upon a time; had a strong sense this would be of interest to a reporter so I contacted the paper right in GM's back yard. Turned over service records, the TSBs, etc. It's a shame they wouldn't do the right thing until they were called on their BS, but I wasn't going to sit quietly while they used my family as test subjects for their faulty software. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Shawn O'Leary said:

Thanks, but I just got sick of the corporate double speak and run around from GM. I was a reporter once upon a time; had a strong sense this would be of interest to a reporter so I contacted the paper right in GM's back yard. Turned over service records, the TSBs, etc. It's a shame they wouldn't do the right thing until they were called on their BS, but I wasn't going to sit quietly while they used my family as test subjects for their faulty software. 

Great article!  Thanks for taking the initiative on this Shawn, I for one really appreciate it.  I haven't had the issue since I had the dealer clear the codes and I stopped using the APP for starting, but I'll be taking it in for the update very soon.

2 hours ago, Shawn O'Leary said:

Here is an article from AutoBlog. It had some confusing statements. https://www.autoblog.com/2020/01/29/gm-brake-recall-do-over/

I bought my 2020 Silverado RST Z71 with 3.0 Duramax on January 18, 2020. Never had any recalls done. Two days ago I had the 3 message brake failure most are describing here upon push button start at 971 miles. Had no brakes at all and clicking under the dash but luckily I was off-road at the time and never accelerated past a slow idle. I restarted the truck and was left with a check engine light and the brakes were restored. I have never used the APP. to start. I drove to the dealership and got a loaner Malibu. Yesterday the dealership called and said the truck was done. The paperwork said the updated it with PIT5730 (the 2020 version of 5728B I think) but I did not get a copy of it of the actual TSB. Has anyone had this update with success? Drove today without any issues.Thanks!

6 hours ago, RocksRock said:

Can u explain where this leak is located n the cab? And what tail light again 

Most people see the leak around the plastic upper track for the rear sliding window on both sides near the C pillars.

image.png.fde3768b9f63b3656c07b713f7e5a46d.png

see this thread:

Edited by UGADawgs

If you have PIT 5728B PLEASE go back to your/a dealership and have them re-scan it in front of you for error codes after driving it for a few days. If you would like more extensive details on why, follow the link posted and read my entire comments on page 36. Summarized version is that the even with the PIT 5728B my truck still threw a brake malfunction code as well as two others after driving it for the week. Dealership cleared them only to be provided with 4 new error codes stating that there was an issue with the update during install and the dealership was unable to re-program the new brake module. They will be contacting GM on my behalf Monday on what to do with the truck because they are stumped at this point and GM has given me the run around and is now flat out ignoring my request for a vehicle buy back or swap. My truck does not have the newest recall issued on 1/30/20.

It has been over a year that this issue has been going on with these trucks. This second link is to a thread that was started back in November of 2018.

Edited by Forrest_E

8 hours ago, brendon444 said:

Received the new recall today. 

Did absolutely nothing. Dash flashing like a Christmas tree before even leaving the parking lot.  

What Recall did you have done? Recall N192268090 which came out Dec 15th had some problems that were expected to be fixed by TSB PIT5728B. Then GM came out with Recall N192268091 which did the same thing as N192268090 and PIT5728B. The dealer went to install N192268091 on my High Country and told me that my EBCM had the needed calibrations already and N192268091 was just duplicate programming.

40 minutes ago, Rocz3cqg said:

So did you lose your brakes or was the dash just lit up? Did the dealership perform a followup of the problem? Had you got the N192268090 and  PIT5728B done yet?

Yes I’ve had 4 previous updates and have all the latest as gm comes out with it. They have no fix I'm told until gm gives direction.

Ive never lost my brakes just my power steering and having parking brake apply while at stop lights. Also service esc.  

FF972520-EB45-4BE1-A354-E5466E6FAEB6.jpeg

940D4E6D-FC18-4EFA-B08A-254BEBAEE8F4.jpeg

FD28EED8-AA72-4A21-B372-DFF1250FC66D.jpeg