"Brake system failure" "Service ESC" LEMON?

Welp, Add me to the Service ESC group.... 1847 Miles 2019 Silverado High Country 6.2. Second time this has happened after scheduling an appointment at my local Chevy Dealer this time the truck through 2 codes P25A2 (The Engine and Transmission System is not performing as expected. An issue has been detected in the Engine Electrical System, including the Charging and Starting System that monitors and controls the engine starting system and 12V battery charging system. If the charge system light stays on, or comes on while driving, there may be a problem with the electrical charging system. Driving while this light is on could drain the battery. If a short distance must be driven with the light on, be sure to turn off all accessories, such as the radio and air conditioner) and C0021 (An issue has been detected in the Antilock Brake System.) 

I do find it interesting that both occurrences have happened while starting the vehicle with the MyChevrolet App. This could be a coincidence. I also find it ironic that the truck has not done this until AFTER I had the perform the Brake recall per their request... Currently the check engine light is on and my appointment is 1/7/2020 I will update after the service is performed. I also plan on notifying GM. This is ridiculous! 

Video of ESC message

I'm with both of you. No issues until the recall was done while getting an oil change on Friday. Now this morning on start up I get brake system failure, Service esc, service trailer brake system and check engine light and abs light. 

I am also having blue tooth connectivity issues the Iphone volume is turned down by the vehicle and the vehicle is not showing the phone is connected.. This is beyond frustrating!! I have an appointment for the dealer today but after reading several threads in this forum my optimism has diminished 

Phone Issues

My 2019 TB did the brake system failure 4 times before I traded it.  3 of them were before the recall, I never had recall done and it did it again couple weeks before my new one got here. So may just be a coincidence that it did it after recall being performed.

23 minutes ago, Booger T said:

My 2019 TB did the brake system failure 4 times before I traded it.  3 of them were before the recall, I never had recall done and it did it again couple weeks before my new one got here. So may just be a coincidence that it did it after recall being performed.

That's painful to hear that you had to trade the truck... I hope I do not get pushed to that point... Did the dealer work with you on the trade? I think considering this is a brake/steering failure I will likely take the path of Lemon Law as I have 0 equity in my vehicle. Fortunately I am not upside down!

Same happened to me this morning. 2019 Silverado LT Z71 5.3. Had the recalls done on Saturday.  It was warmer this weekend out by me and I hadn’t used the app to start the truck until this morning. Started it via the fob in the garage and no issues. Drove 10 minutes to the gym. Hour later, started from the app since I was inside and further away.  Came out to the gifts that you have all described.  Eventually got the lights and messages off with a few restarts. Check engine light stayed on. Drove nervously to work. Going to see if light is still on after work. If not, going to try and duplicate with the app. Unreal.....

Edited by tgriffi2

4 minutes ago, tgriffi2 said:

Same happened to me this morning. 2019 Silverado LT Z71 5.3. Had the recalls done on Saturday.  It was warmer this weekend out by me and I hadn’t used the app to start the truck until this morning. Started it via the fob in the garage and no issues. Drove 10 minutes to the gym. Hour later, started from the app since I was inside and further away.  Came out to the gifts that you have all described.  Eventually got the lights and messages off with a few restarts. Check engine light stayed on. Drove nervously to work. Going to see if light is still on after work. If not, going to try and duplicate with the app. Unreal.....

Did you have regular braking feel or was the pedal dead/squishy.... go all the way to the floor for a coasting stop? Just curious if, should this happen again, I should try a few restarts before taking the thing back to the dealer. That ride with limited brakes was a white-knuckler.

Add me to the list.  Same thing.  I have noticed it after starting from the GMC App as well, but I don't think I've started my vehicle any other way as it is the winter season here.  The first time I had it programmed (for the recall fix) I drove it, started/stopped the engine at least 3-4 times, and didn't experience the symptom until the next day.  I had the dealer tow it and reflash it. They drove it for two hours and didn't have an issue. I started/stopped it 2-3 more times then when I went to leave back to my office from lunch I got the same messages.  Brake pressure is terrible, but restarting the truck one time leaves the check engine light on and the pressure seems to have returned to normal but I'm not confident to drive it.

I'm wishing I hadn't got the recall done...

Did you have regular braking feel or was the pedal dead/squishy.... go all the way to the floor for a coasting stop? Just curious if, should this happen again, I should try a few restarts before taking the thing back to the dealer. That ride with limited brakes was a white-knuckler.

Turn it off and restart and it should go back to normal and the CEL will stay on. Been fighting this issue for almost a month. Multiple dealer visits, opening a case with GM as of today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my 2019 High Country back at the dealer yesterday for the same issues reported by original poster. 2nd time since having the recall done. Took the full day but finally got a call from shop foreman advising the issue originates when you use the app to remote start the vehicle. When they did the recall update there was a bug somewhere that they haven't figured out that is causing the issues. Expected timeline for a software fix is 2 weeks. Only been 1 day but no repeat issues so far, have only been using the key FOB to remote start.

When I did have the issue occur the only thing that worked for me to clear all the warnings and get brakes functioning again was to turn off the truck, exit it and lock so that everything fully shut down, and then go back in and restart manually. Everything except the CEL cleared and the brakes functioned normally without a repeat issue.  

41 minutes ago, Shawn O'Leary said:

Oh yeah brake quality was severely diminished. I almost took out someone in the parking lot. Probably my fault for even trying to drive it with a million messages displaying (but hey, I kept it under 62mph)...

Remote start this morning from the GM app, to also find a check engine light. Took it to the dealer, code P25A2 was stored "Check BSCM for codes - all communication codes, Check connections at BSCM and ECM). Everything checked out OK and they cleared the codes. (BSCM - Brake System Control Module)

Today, they cleared the code and reset the check engine light. No other work was performed. 

The dealer has already replaced the brake assembly module, concurrent with the same week back in December when they issued the recall (picked up the truck on 12/19). Originally, they replaced the brake assembly module due to a faulty brake pad wear sensor, which screwed up the programming of the brake assembly. Since they couldn't troubleshoot it - they had to replace the entire assembly. 

All these problems started after a routine oil change back in November, at which time they addressed a brake system recall. 

I've had the truck for almost 6 months & have put about 15,000 miles on it. Even if I wanted to trade it in at this point, I would still owe GM almost $15k. 

5 minutes ago, especter said:

Remote start this morning from the GM app, to also find a check engine light. Took it to the dealer, code P25A2 was stored "Check BSCM for codes - all communication codes, Check connections at BSCM and ECM). Everything checked out OK and they cleared the codes. (BSCM - Brake System Control Module)

Today, they cleared the code and reset the check engine light. No other work was performed. 

The dealer has already replaced the brake assembly module, concurrent with the same week back in December when they issued the recall (picked up the truck on 12/19). Originally, they replaced the brake assembly module due to a faulty brake pad wear sensor, which screwed up the programming of the brake assembly. Since they couldn't troubleshoot it - they had to replace the entire assembly. 

All these problems started after a routine oil change back in November, at which time they addressed a brake system recall. 

I've had the truck for almost 6 months & have put about 15,000 miles on it. Even if I wanted to trade it in at this point, I would still owe GM almost $15k. 

Curious if you looked into the lemon laws of your state? In PA, I believe they have three attempts to fix the problem or have the vehicle for 30 days. 

Not yet at the point where I'm willing to lemon law the truck. I have a 100k warranty on it, ARE cap, and clear bra on the hood/ bumper.

If I continue to have issues, then I will start considering lemon law. Thus far, the GM dealership in Carlisle, PA have been taking pretty good care of me.

I'm hoping the software issues will eventually be resolved. I'm reading on another thread that many of brake assembly issues are starting to tie back to the remote start on these vehicles...