Class 2 Sticker on the Windshield...

Im in Pa, do we really need to put the class 2 sticker on the windshield  
2011 gmc sierra 1500 slt

I've never put mine on, but keep it with the owners card. I have never been asked about it by cops or inspection station. I've had trucks at least for he past 25 years in PA

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I kept mine with the registration for the truck when I lived in PA as well. 

You only need it if you get pulled over and are pulling a trailer/hauling something in the bed to prove the truck is registered at that weight class.

• Like 1

I'm just north of Pittsburgh. I just keep mine in my glove box with my registration and insurance card. Two stickers on the windshield is ridiculous. Three would be insane! And if they were put on crooked like my dealership did on my previous Sierra? I don't even want to talk about it.

3 hours ago, Cupton said:

I'm just north of Pittsburgh. I just keep mine in my glove box with my registration and insurance card. Two stickers on the windshield is ridiculous. Three would be insane! And if they were put on crooked like my dealership did on my previous Sierra? I don't even want to talk about it.

You're about 10 minutes from where I used to be in Cranberry Twp.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 10:15 AM, Cupton said:

I took the truck in for oil change and inspection, they put the stickers on like in the picture, I took it back and made them redo the stickers with new ones and kept the class 2 sticker and put in with the registration like everyone suggested, they also put in 1 quart to much oil so they had to remove that also < after all it is a tire and auto service center...lol

20200109_130924.jpg

20200109_153504.jpg

Edited by Twodose
picture size
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, NCPGMC said:

What do all of these stickers represent? I see the "Class 2" is for weight i guess, what are the other two for? We don't do window stickers in NC, did away with them 10 years ago...

I believe one is for the inspection and one is for emissions. And the 3rd in my glove box is the class 2 sticker. Not sure why they cant do a combo sticker. Lame.  ?

I will take the 3 stickers any day of the week here in PA and deal with them on my windshield. We moved here from CA and the annual vehicle registration costs was absolutely insane. The stickers is a small price to pay for the lower flat annual registration fee and annual inspection.

Edited by Cupton

3 hours ago, Cupton said:

I believe one is for the inspection and one is for emissions. And the 3rd in my glove box is the class 2 sticker. Not sure why they cant do a combo sticker. Lame.  ?

I will take the 3 stickers any day of the week here in PA and deal with them on my windshield. We moved here from CA and the annual vehicle registration costs was absolutely insane. The stickers is a small price to pay for the lower flat annual registration fee and annual inspection.

And depending on where you live in PA you don't even need emissions so the annual inspection is cheaper ... ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cupton said:

...and the inspections keep garbage cars off the road.  I never realized how much I appreciated PA inspections until I moved back to Illinois and have to occasionally share the road with some pretty sketchy vehicles.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 12:58 PM, NCPGMC said:

What do all of these stickers represent? I see the "Class 2" is for weight i guess, what are the other two for? We don't do window stickers in NC, did away with them 10 years ago...

State safety inspection and emissions < which most of us think is BS and it is county by county, so in my county we have emissions testing but in the next county over they don't and a Class 2 weight sticker.

I agree an annual state inspection is a good thing, but most don’t like having to pay additional for emissions inspection since it is county by county, I am in Luzerne county and the next county over doesn’t have emission inspections < it’s an additional $35.00 for the emissions, under 1000 miles per year you don’t need it.

Luzerne is a bigger county but there has also been major corruption in Luzerne county < cash for kid’s thing with Mark Civarella made national headlines.

Edited by Twodose
correction