What does "in line towards production" mean?

So my Target production week (TPW) is this week 1/20/20. Being as it is Friday I figure I'd jump on the GMC chat feature and get an update on the truck. The last time I checked in it was code 3300. This time they told me that it was "in line towards production" and they said that it is not currently showing a status code.

Anybody know what that means?

• Like 1

TPW 1/20 goes until 1/27, as TPW is always given as the Monday of the week.

TPW is not a guarantee that it will get built that week -- especially if the 'behind the curtain' info is that it was planned for the Saturday shift.

3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence (now becomes more stable)
3300 Order Selected and Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant (Target Production Week usually available now)
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced

Event code system isn't intended a system intended to feed live data to anybody. 

It could be built now, or it could still get built this week and meet the projected TPW or....it could slip.

Hopefully you'll get a 3800 or higher code next time you inquire! 

4000 series are shipping related

5000 is at dealer

6000 is delivered to customer.

Edited by redwngr

26 minutes ago, GMCDuraMan said:

Thanks Redwnger. It looks like I’m between a 3300 and a 3400. If I’m a Saturday truck, let’s hope the workers aren’t mad they have to work on a Saturday!!!

Welcome to the site.

Yea, that could be worse than getting the truck that was "finished" at 4:59 pm on a Friday.

So my Target production week (TPW) is this week 1/20/20. Being as it is Friday I figure I'd jump on the GMC chat feature and get an update on the truck. The last time I checked in it was code 3300. This time they told me that it was "in line towards production" and they said that it is not currently showing a status code.
Anybody know what that means?

Keep us posted on your build!

I’ve got a ways to go since I just ordered mine a week ago, I’ve only been told my order has been accepted.

What truck/package did you order?

1 hour ago, FirstAscent said:

Keep us posted on your build!

I’ve got a ways to go since I just ordered mine a week ago, I’ve only been told my order has been accepted.

What truck/package did you order?

I ordered a 2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax Diesel in White Frost Tricoat. Walnut/Ash gray interior. I went with a ton of options but the one that will set it apart from 99% of the other ones is that I went with the white color matched factory fenders instead of the black ones. 

Also going with the kicker speaker system installed in the tailgate, denali ultimate package, technology package, 5th wheel package, all weather floor liners, rear under seat storage, and trailer tire pressure monitoring system. 

• Like 1

SO.... this morning the chat feature still told me "in line for production" - so no updates. Then 10 minutes later I get an email from my dealer saying "we have a VIN"! So it's built. I guess it was built yesterday and the chat feature system just doesn't update very timely.

Now its just a matter of it getting to Maryland. Dealer is saying 2-4 weeks.

5 hours ago, migrabill said:

SO.... this morning the chat feature still told me "in line for production" - so no updates. Then 10 minutes later I get an email from my dealer saying "we have a VIN"! So it's built. I guess it was built yesterday and the chat feature system just doesn't update very timely.

Now its just a matter of it getting to Maryland. Dealer is saying 2-4 weeks.

Nice! You have a VIN so you're truck is now alive! Hoping for a quick delivery. At least it's just a "short" truck ride away.

When I had my Jag built I got to track it on the cargo ship across the ocean from the UK to the US port. That was pretty cool!

23 hours ago, davester said:

IIRC, just getting a VIN still means it's inline for production, as the VIN is generated prior to the truck being built...

Nope! Confirmed with GM today. The VIN is not released until the vehicle is produced. They said its assigned one in the computer pre production, but they will not release it to a customer or dealer until the vehicle is made. So, I found out..... he was born January 27, 2020. He is 250 inches long and weights 13,721 pounds. His name is Casper.

Edited by migrabill
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, migrabill said:

Nope! Confirmed with GM today. The VIN is not released until the vehicle is produced. They said its assigned one in the computer pre production, but they will not release it to a customer or dealer until the vehicle is made. So, I found out..... he was born January 27, 2020. He is 250 inches long and weights 7,721 pounds. His name is Casper.

Congrat's, it's a boy! What a fatty lol

I'm having a girl myself

?