What have u done to your 2020 hd

1 hour ago, Toops said:

How do you like the Diamondback HD cover? Is there a way to travel with the back section open? I’m in the process of finding the right hard cover for the back of my 2020 GMC AT4 2500 Duramax (build date was the 23rd of March but is delayed due to building of medical needs during this crisis). Also is this Diamondback seal good on the multipro tailgate? Thanks

I'm completely happy with my Diamondback HD.  The tailgate seals quite well; I don't get any water in the bed--even at the car wash.  It should be quite easy to drive with the back section open, since the gas springs can be easily disconnected, allowing the section to fold 180 degrees and lie flat.  I would probably tie it down using a few of the cleats if I were traveling like that.

1 hour ago, jaybauman said:

I'm completely happy with my Diamondback HD.  The tailgate seals quite well; I don't get any water in the bed--even at the car wash.  It should be quite easy to drive with the back section open, since the gas springs can be easily disconnected, allowing the section to fold 180 degrees and lie flat.  I would probably tie it down using a few of the cleats if I were traveling like that.

Appreciate your response, thanks jaybauman.

• 2 weeks later...

I had these pedals custom made probably 1 1/2 months before I even had the truck haha, finally installed them today. This is my third set of these custom pedals, they’ll do whatever you want, great company (Ultimate Pedals) !!

Before
15688f29ef2516c00bf67ef962810fcc.jpg

After
68b88360860cf0874053e94ecd1b8308.plist

• Thanks 1

Installed Husky Weatherbeater floor mats front and back. Overall the fit seems alright. I think the Weathertechs in my last truck fit a little better...hoping they relax a little after awhile. 

233495120_DriversMat.thumb.jpg.872f9b15028384dc765bdcefb3f51838.jpg1230488368_FrontPassMat.thumb.jpg.792ffe63dc2da3ab0a60545918fde00f.jpg

i bought Huskys for suv and weathertechs quality has gone down the tube i last 5-10 yrs. the factory ones though from GM go alll the way and cover the carpet now - way better in my opinion . my 09 duramax - everytime i went to farm- i had to clean the mud off carpet between mat . But i will buy Husky over Weathertech any day

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BB&Chiveon said:

i bought Huskys for suv and weathertechs quality has gone down the tube i last 5-10 yrs. the factory ones though from GM go alll the way and cover the carpet now - way better in my opinion . my 09 duramax - everytime i went to farm- i had to clean the mud off carpet between mat . But i will buy Husky over Weathertech any day

Bought weathertechs 5 years ago for my previous truck, the material wore away and exposed plastic after 3-4 years of use. The OEM ones look really nice now, but I got the husky fronts and back for $80 and I couldn't pass that up. 

On 4/5/2020 at 1:43 PM, FirstAscent said:

I had these pedals custom made probably 1 1/2 months before I even had the truck haha, finally installed them today. This is my third set of these custom pedals, they’ll do whatever you want, great company (Ultimate Pedals) !!

Before
15688f29ef2516c00bf67ef962810fcc.jpg

After
68b88360860cf0874053e94ecd1b8308.plist

I have question

is there anyway to change offset of the pedal?....meaning how far away or close to driver they are, especially the brake as it seems it would be easiest....on my Toyota the gas and brake pedal were only maybe 1inch diferrence but on silverados they are like 3 or 4 inches.....I cant seem to get comfy position with both pedals.....if I can get brake pedal closer to floorboard by an inch or so that would be great....or raise the gas closer to me but seems brake would be easier

my first Silverado so something that annoys me.....I have to lift my foot completely off gas to hit brake where my Toyota I would just rotate my foot....

EDIT: that company does make an extension kit so gas pedal would be easier to modify than brake.....says up to 2.25" with aftermarket spacers and up to 1" with their kit.....

I never would have found these guys if you didn't mention it,  thnx Jaime

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 1

I have question

is there anyway to change offset of the pedal?....meaning how far away or close to driver they are, especially the brake as it seems it would be easiest....on my Toyota the gas and brake pedal were only maybe 1inch diferrence but on silverados they are like 3 or 4 inches.....I cant seem to get comfy position with both pedals.....if I can get brake pedal closer to floorboard by an inch or so that would be great....or raise the gas closer to me but seems brake would be easier

my first Silverado so something that annoys me.....I have to lift my foot completely off gas to hit brake where my Toyota I would just rotate my foot....

EDIT: that company does make an extension kit so gas pedal would be easier to modify than brake.....says up to 2.25" with aftermarket spacers and up to 1" with their kit.....

I never would have found these guys if you didn't mention it,  thnx Jaime

No problem! Sounds like you answered your own question :) but yes they do have options!

Keep in mind these are fully custom, so don’t just look at what you see on their site. If you want the gas pedal extended 1.3542” to the left or the brake pedal extended 20mm to the right, they’ll do that for you!

And reasonable prices too considering it’s custom and not a part of the shelf!

Like mine for example, I wanted the high country logo engraved on the brake pedal, I sent him a photo , he designed the mockup and sent me a photo for my approval, and he added it engraved for an extra $50 or so.

Rob over there is a great guy!

• 4 weeks later...

I put a deposit down on my 2020 black on black 2500 turbo diesel yesterday. They are building it for me now with a 5 inch Rough Country lift, Fuel Coupler wheels, 37" Nitro's and the Amp XL powered boards with the extra 3 inch drop. This is my second Denali, first was a 16 1500 with the 6.2L. I need to figure out my light bar options as well as an air horn, doing 25% tint all arround with 50% on the entire windshield. I'll post pics as soon as I get her [emoji120]

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I put a deposit down on my 2020 black on black 2500 turbo diesel yesterday. They are building it for me now with a 5 inch Rough Country lift, Fuel Coupler wheels, 37" Nitro's and the Amp XL powered boards with the extra 3 inch drop. This is my second Denali, first was a 16 1500 with the 6.2L. I need to figure out my light bar options as well as an air horn, doing 25% tint all arround with 50% on the entire windshield. I'll post pics as soon as I get her [emoji120]

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to the finished product, and congrats
  • Like 1

Picked up a 2500hd with a 6.6 gas motor monday, got home just before some severe storms hit. Turned the bars up about 3 turns each(1 1/4” per side) and had 35x12.50 Toyo RT’s mounted today. It still has a slight rake to the rear, but once I get my pack rat, montezuma, and air compressor in the bed it will sit level. ea25c40a1b3ea444e49c745e9c869e9e.jpg
79ad71d14ac822c5af9f47b9cd82c6c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2