Illuminated GMC emblem

Not GMC but I did my Silverado a few days ago. Took me about 10 minutes since I had just finished up installing a CAI and the radiator cover was already off. Super simple install and I think it looks great

A2E29E17-CD65-4460-9117-7000D196FA69.jpeg

• Like 2

On 2/5/2020 at 7:35 AM, Mason603a said:

Ordered mine from shopchevyparts.com (direct link below) last Thursday (1/30/20) and received it yesterday (2/4/20). Installing today. Will take photos and update when finished.

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/exterior/2020-sierra-1500-illuminated-gmc-emblem-red-gmc-logo-front-grille/84741557-p-92306784.html

GM installation instructions are attached in PDF format. I suspect that grill removal and headlight removal will not be necessary....

Illuminated GMC installation instuctions.pdf 1.13 MB · 26 downloads

Got mine today any tips to on getting the GMC emblem off? Do you have to break them or is it possible to keep them? 

Edited by Dick Messerly
Nevermind figured it out.

12 hours ago, Dick Messerly said:

Got mine today any tips to on getting the GMC emblem off? Do you have to break them or is it possible to keep them? 

I was successful at removing the G & M, but broke the C. Could have probably not broken the C, but i started on that end and it was the first one i did. Small, thin, flat bladed screwdriver is what i used.

1 minute ago, DuRsT said:

Does anyone know where the kit that includes both front and rear can be found? 

If you are referring to a lighted emblem for the rear, I dont think they make one. Could be wrong though... Happens occasionally

2 hours ago, DuRsT said:

Sorry, thought it was referenced earlier that there was also a rear lighted emblem.  

I was about to order the front one and the link provided shows them out of stock until early March. 

No problem. In the installation instructions it references a replacing the rear emblem on the last page, but only talks about removing it and adding the new one with self adhesive tape... So i am assuming that it is referring to just replacing the emblem with the black inserts instead of the factory red inserts. Not adding a lighted emblem (for the rear). See attached screenshots to see what i am referring to. Hope this helps!!image.thumb.png.a263a4f16e4bd725bad0041a7c284cd8.pngimage.thumb.png.2956065366df8ceaa91aa4cc3d170d1e.png

So I got mine today.  The red insert doesn't need to come out like the installation instructions say.  It is melted in on the back of the plastic chrome piece.  For those who plan on doing this, save yourself the trouble and just remove the individual letters as a whole. 

15811372170934158719288413639313.jpg

On 2/7/2020 at 8:56 AM, DuRsT said:

Sorry, thought it was referenced earlier that there was also a rear lighted emblem.  

I was about to order the front one and the link provided shows them out of stock until early March. 

Just picked one up on fleabay paid a little extra but had 10 in stock  

• Like 1

There's a black one in case everyone didn't already know:

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/exterior/2020-sierra-1500-illuminated-gmc-emblem-black-gmc-logo-front-grille/84741559-p-92307028.html

I've got a black AT4 and I've been considering going all black but the tow hooks are red and the 4 on the AT4 is red so there will always be a little red....decisions.  Probably leaning towards going red?

Edited by Maverick0984
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2020 at 6:27 PM, Alex Kemple said:

Not GMC but I did my Silverado a few days ago. Took me about 10 minutes since I had just finished up installing a CAI and the radiator cover was already off. Super simple install and I think it looks great

A2E29E17-CD65-4460-9117-7000D196FA69.jpeg

Alex,  did you  have to remove the grille? I'm installing a CAI on mine soon and would like to do what you did here but I don't want to remove the grille...heard it screws up the front camera.

Got mine done its definitely hard to see in the day but looks great at night! Like said above works perfectly fine for the 2019 and isn't too hard to install I'll get some better pics this was just after install

20200206_192443.jpg

Edited by Dick Messerly