Illuminated GMC emblem

On 2/7/2020 at 9:55 PM, 3MTA3 said:

So I got mine today.  The red insert doesn't need to come out like the installation instructions say.  It is melted in on the back of the plastic chrome piece.  For those who plan on doing this, save yourself the trouble and just remove the individual letters as a whole. 

15811372170934158719288413639313.jpg

I found it a thousand times easier popping the red out those plastic welds easily popped free for me. It was easier to get to the clips from the front unless you have any other suggestions to get the whole letter off? 

Does anyone know if this will work on previous gen trucks?  i.e.  2016

I’m also wondering this. I contacted an eBay seller and he said they are 18 1/2" long and 3 1/4" wide. I’m haven’t measured the emblem on the K2s. But if they are relatively the same size with different clips you could easily make it work.

hello GMC Sierra Illuminated Front Grille Emblem 84741559 Black OEM is or does it fit on a 2019

gmc trk 1500 slt gillie and does have instruction on wiring and replacing the stock emblem on the gillie

thank you

james

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kimo_lava said:

hello GMC Sierra Illuminated Front Grille Emblem 84741559 Black OEM is or does it fit on a 2019

gmc trk 1500 slt gillie and does have instruction on wiring and replacing the stock emblem on the gillie

thank you

james

Not trying to be a dick but have you read the thread at all?

• Like 3

Just now, kimo_lava said:

no I hav not where can I read this thread sir and no i'm not taking you has a dick but being schooled

thank you

james

Look back on the other pages in this thread that you're in now. 

Yes it works on 2019. The connector just plugs into your headlight so there is not really any wiring. To get the old emblem off there are instructions on the first page. 

• Like 1

thank you C I found the instruction  I look back on it and I feel confident paying on the money and knowing it will fit a 2019 gmc

and I loooove the shit out of my truck just trying make it outstanding driving down the road

thanks...

james

• Like 1

I was just about to switch my grill emblems out for the black and chrome GMC.  Would there be any way to swap the red inserts for the black ones I just ordered?  I like the look of the illuminated emblem but it would have to be black not red.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BLK19DENALI said:

I was just about to switch my grill emblems out for the black and chrome GMC.  Would there be any way to swap the red inserts for the black ones I just ordered?  I like the look of the illuminated emblem but it would have to be black not red.

never mind should have checked first they have the black ones

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BLK19DENALI said:

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/exterior/2020-sierra-1500-illuminated-gmc-emblem-black-gmc-logo-front-grille/84741559-p-92307028.html

• Like 1