Illuminated GMC emblem

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed mine this afternoon. Super easy thanks to tips in this thread.  The black version comes with rear black (non-led) logo. I’m not going to install it. If anyone wants it, please message me. 

2EF4A19A-BEE0-46FA-B335-18061573839E.jpeg

87944ECF-1CCC-489A-9035-363F3F2EAD21.jpeg

Edited by fc_glk
Added image

If anyone has one of these they haven’t installed, I’d really like to see the installation instructions and pics of all the connectors on the wiring harness including the wiring colors going into them if visible.  I’d like to see if I can maybe fabricate my own for use with my grill lights.  TIA

lets see, just ordered one from the Chevy parts web site posted in this file....got it in about 5 days with the 4th Holiday in the middle.

Now to the install: spent a lot of time with all kinds of trim tools and small screw drivers, had an extremely difficult time getting the clips on the original GMC emblem to release, no matter how slowly or carefully I worked on them eventually broke a couple of the tabs off the black grill mounting surface, not happy, the only way you can get a replacement for that part is a whole new grill, paint to match by the way, and around 400-500$.... Tried an install with double sided 3m molding tape as an assist, nope, there is just enough curvature in the factory grill that the clips on the new lighted emblem would pull away from either one side or the other, the stock clips would not grab and hold.......OK, so now what???   tried everything I could think of, finally decided that the only way I could get a nice mount was to epoxy the new emblem to its mount, hated to do that, but choices limited!....Thought about tiny screws, but figured soon as I drilled thru the new emblem, I would hit an internal wire or connection and that would be that.......anyway, think its on, epoxy is drying, looks great and works, so overall I'm happy....just hope I never have to try and remove it one day.......

lets see, just ordered one from the Chevy parts web site posted in this file....got it in about 5 days with the 4th Holiday in the middle.
Now to the install: spent a lot of time with all kinds of trim tools and small screw drivers, had an extremely difficult time getting the clips on the original GMC emblem to release, no matter how slowly or carefully I worked on them eventually broke a couple of the tabs off the black grill mounting surface, not happy, the only way you can get a replacement for that part is a whole new grill, paint to match by the way, and around 400-500$.... Tried an install with double sided 3m molding tape as an assist, nope, there is just enough curvature in the factory grill that the clips on the new lighted emblem would pull away from either one side or the other, the stock clips would not grab and hold.......OK, so now what???   tried everything I could think of, finally decided that the only way I could get a nice mount was to epoxy the new emblem to its mount, hated to do that, but choices limited!....Thought about tiny screws, but figured soon as I drilled thru the new emblem, I would hit an internal wire or connection and that would be that.......anyway, think its on, epoxy is drying, looks great and works, so overall I'm happy....just hope I never have to try and remove it one day.......
Which trim do you have? I don't think my AT4 has a painted grille.

Its the top the line AT4, the grill looks like it has a black chrome overlay on all the cross bars of the grill, but the part # 84508683, says that there all paint to match.......maybe these elk chrome overlays attach, but I guess the grill might still require paining first....really don't know...anyway kinda stuck now for a while anyway....but its ok, still looks great

Its the top the line AT4, the grill looks like it has a black chrome overlay on all the cross bars of the grill, but the part # 84508683, says that there all paint to match.......maybe these elk chrome overlays attach, but I guess the grill might still require paining first....really don't know...anyway kinda stuck now for a while anyway....but its ok, still looks great

I guess you are right. Didn't notice it on mine at first. Many pieces can be ordered pre-painted though so that's dissappointing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 6:49 PM, Maverick0984 said:
On 7/18/2020 at 12:34 AM, McNewf2020 said:
Went to my local dealer and they had them
in stock! Very fast clean Mod that looks awesome! 
A1442290-BAC6-451D-9EEA-E0B59F591CB3.thumb.jpeg.391e77bd9a9487a4cfaf4942c0838919.jpeg
E0300CCC-AB22-4B6E-ABAB-0B32856088A8.jpeg.8f3661ca964dc06ea2e1a718ab172ecc.jpeg

Does it look that bright in person? I always think other people's looks brighter than mine.

It’s decently bright but I feel like the camera makes it appear brighter!