Illuminated GMC emblem

On 2/5/2020 at 11:37 AM, Mason603a said:

Mine is a 2019. The lighted emblem (GM Part # 84741557) works for both 2019 & 2020 year models. Personally confirmed.

Yes, basically the harness has a dual ended pigtail... Unplug headlight, plug in one end of the pigtail into the headlight plug, then plug the end you removed from the headlight into the other end of the pigtail. Super simple. Here are a couple of photos of it at night (not mine)

image.thumb.png.0df8816f153ca92d4dc78cc9ff1c9fdb.png

image.thumb.png.1c98c7f91e49027dda9da0cdb7c946a9.png

Thank you for the after pictures and the install write-up.  I was wondering how they'd look and I was worried they might look cheesy, but after seeing your photos, I think they look sharp!

Parts guy talked with GM and they stated the front camera wiring is different on the 2019 so harness that comes with the emblem won't work. Do any of you that have done this on a 2019 have the front camera? 

The front camera is not wired to the headlights are they? 

I have the camera for lane assist, but mine is a 20.. the headlight harness is its own. I mention the headlight harness because that’s what it plugs into. 

edit: you can also cut the harness short, it  only has a red/black wire to power it and wire directly into a power source/switch. 

Edited by sharkeysierra

I'm hoping to get an answer too before I buy one. I really love the way they look. Seems strange that the camera would make any difference but that's what GM said and everywhere I look to buy one they only list it as fitting a 2020 and newer.

• 4 weeks later...

Is the curve on this the same curvature of the 2018 1500 emblem? I grinded down my 2018 emblem and used double sided automotive tape to affix to a mesh grill which works great (pictured). Thinking of doing the same thing with this, but since it's for the 2019/20, not sure if the curve will be the same after grinding down the back. Also guessing I will have to cut into the mesh grill a little to get an opening large enough for the wiring harness.

GMC Sierra 1500 (1).jpg

4 hours ago, bluemonstercali said:

Can anyone confirm if its the same part number for 21' ?

I don't have mine installed yet, but it's the same part number as was posted on the 1st page of this post...

Screenshot_20210114-012605_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

t

8 hours ago, gemarsh said:

I don't have mine installed yet, but it's the same part number as was posted on the 1st page of this post...

Screenshot_20210114-012605_Samsung Internet.jpg

thank  you! just ordered it as well. and thank you to the op for the write up. I''m back to tinkering after about a 10 year stint. went from a nnbs to T1

On 12/8/2020 at 10:55 AM, wurgs said:

Parts guy talked with GM and they stated the front camera wiring is different on the 2019 so harness that comes with the emblem won't work. Do any of you that have done this on a 2019 have the front camera? 

I purchased this emblem and installed it on my 2019 Denali ultimate.  It has the front camera and the wiring harness that comes with the emblem has nothing to do with the camera, so I don't know what the parts guy was talking about.  Have had it installed for about 6 months and no issues, no condensation either like I have seen some post about.

Installed mine. Super simple install. You do bugger up your old emblem if you don't have a plastic flat thin blade tool. Another note as an FYI, the existing chrome around the emblem will now be a smoky grey. Due to the clear for the lighting over the black base. I really like it on my satin steel elevation. 

20210116_202622.jpg

20210116_202520.jpg