Illuminated GMC emblem

On 9/27/2021 at 9:04 PM, EDrobo said:

Thanks everybody for the info. Got both installed, still need to finish wiring the rear one but turned out great. 

4BAD39D3-FBC4-48B3-A627-5D8EF7692320.jpeg

6D36654C-D19D-4844-8767-A181D259CC85.jpeg

Welcome to the site.

Great looking truck!!!  Pics with both GMC's illuminated? 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know if there is an illuminated front badge option for a 2019 AT4?  I've been through the rabbit hole trying to figure it out (and it's not a question of availability, but rather a question of compatibility that I'm asking).

I was fired up when I say a potential prospect on Ebay but after checking my VIN they said it wasn't a fit.  So, if there's any  option that's out there I'd greatly appreciate a response.

Thank you in advance.

joseywales

16 hours ago, joseywales said:

Does anyone know if there is an illuminated front badge option for a 2019 AT4?  I've been through the rabbit hole trying to figure it out (and it's not a question of availability, but rather a question of compatibility that I'm asking).

I was fired up when I say a potential prospect on Ebay but after checking my VIN they said it wasn't a fit.  So, if there's any  option that's out there I'd greatly appreciate a response.

Thank you in advance.

joseywales

Was it mentioned why it would not fit on a 2019 AT4? From what I can tell in the GM websites, there is no mention of 2019 at all. Was this when the body style changed half year like it usually does for GM?

I tried to get one for my old 2019 Denali and was told the electrical connection is different than the 20/21 models so the illuminated emblem won't work with the 19 year trucks as a direct plugin.

Hey sharkeysierra and wurgs, thank you very much for the replies.  I was told by the seller, after supplying them with my VIN that it wouldn't work with the 2019's because of the connection incompatibilities behind the headlight.

That said, seems to me like there must be something that works for this model year, even if it involves some trickeration or adaptation.  Perhaps there's a kit that makes the 2019 Sierra connection compatible with the 2020+ plugs?  Not sure, it just seems like someone well beyond my scope of knowledge would've figured this out long ago.

I'm brand new to modding a vehicle, so I expected to be stumped along the way, but I do know that there are true "wizards" out there that find ways to make things work.  However, if there is a commercial plug-and-play available for sale to make this work I'd be more than happy to spend the money, so if anyone knows of such a product please let me/us know.

As always, thank you in advance.

Kindest Regards,

joseywales

4 hours ago, sharkeysierra said:

Just wire it in to come up with your headlights? The plug is convenient but the gist of the harness is just a red and black wire. 

Full disclosure on my part, even that is beyond my abilities.  I mean, I the red and black wire reference, but it's not something that I would do myself.  I may ask on of the electricians that I work with if they'd be willing to help with this, assuming it's as simple as you're implying.  Thank you for the comment, it's very much appreciated.

On 3/18/2022 at 8:42 PM, joseywales said:

Full disclosure on my part, even that is beyond my abilities.  I mean, I the red and black wire reference, but it's not something that I would do myself.  I may ask on of the electricians that I work with if they'd be willing to help with this, assuming it's as simple as you're implying.  Thank you for the comment, it's very much appreciated.

I have one installed on my 19' AT4 and it was plug and play.  I have a second led emblem I'd sell, PM if interested.  part number is 84741557

Thanks KillerOfMillers, I've sent you a DM/PM as requested.  I'm only skeptical because of the dealer that I'd originally talked to about this.  After he requested and I supplied him with my VIN he said it was not a match, hence the concern.  I'd love nothing more than for him to be mistaken, but I just want to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2/5/2020 at 9:35 AM, Mason603a said:

Ordered mine from shopchevyparts.com (direct link below) last Thursday (1/30/20) and received it yesterday (2/4/20). Installing today. Will take photos and update when finished.

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/exterior/2020-sierra-1500-illuminated-gmc-emblem-red-gmc-logo-front-grille/84741557-p-92306784.html

GM installation instructions are attached in PDF format. I suspect that grill removal and headlight removal will not be necessary....

Illuminated GMC installation instuctions.pdf 1.13 MB · 5,143 downloads

Where did you find the diagrams?  I was able to download the PDF, but it would be nice if I could see the other diagrams listed.

Thanks for the reply John Spurrier.  I explored the link that you supplied but I do not see a fit/option for a 2019 GMC Sierra.  Perhaps I'm missing something.  Regardless, I've not really heard anything positive from those who have made this mod (e.g. it fails prematurely, it doesn't light up with the DRL, etc.) so I'm not sure if it's something worth pursuing unless I had more reassurance of it's performance.

Again, thank you for the reply, and if I truly am missing something please let me know.

Kindest Regards,

joseywales

14 hours ago, joseywales said:

Thanks for the reply John Spurrier.  I explored the link that you supplied but I do not see a fit/option for a 2019 GMC Sierra.  Perhaps I'm missing something.  Regardless, I've not really heard anything positive from those who have made this mod (e.g. it fails prematurely, it doesn't light up with the DRL, etc.) so I'm not sure if it's something worth pursuing unless I had more reassurance of it's performance.

Again, thank you for the reply, and if I truly am missing something please let me know.

Kindest Regards,

joseywales

I have had mine since mid 2020, installed and removed on 3 trucks/1 SUV. I have never had an issue with mine with humidity or water in general. I had mine light up with DRL (which I did not like), My preference was for it light up as the actual headlights when the sun went down. 

I have 2 of them bought months apart, never had an issue with either of them. 

23 hours ago, sharkeysierra said:

I have had mine since mid 2020, installed and removed on 3 trucks/1 SUV. I have never had an issue with mine with humidity or water in general. I had mine light up with DRL (which I did not like), My preference was for it light up as the actual headlights when the sun went down. 

I have 2 of them bought months apart, never had an issue with either of them. 

Same here, had on my 2020 for a couple years now and no issues at all. Had a few in at dealer I work at though with issues but very few. People seem to hear one is bad and run with it.