Trade up ?

Most of them, yes. But the rear window leak is still a possibility if you buy one with the slider.

I wouldn’t NOT buy the truck over it because there are definitely some worthwhile upgrades throughout the rest of the truck vs your 2014. Just something to be aware of. Good luck.

1 hour ago, Whatever64 said:

Looking for help.....

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT with 30K... thinking of trading in for a 2020.....       +  /  -   I think all the bugs have been worked out of it.....

If your '14 is fine, maybe wait a little while for the mid-year refresh unless you have the itch ?

• Like 2

Much hypes rear window leak is no different than the Chevy shake of the '14-'15 era......only a problem if you have a truck that has one. Proper test ride and examination of any potential buy should include a thorough test ride and examination of the rear seat area to make sure it has neither. There's a pole somewhere on this board showing the majority of the T1s do not have a leak problem.

As for choosing a model I suggest you go for one with LED headlights and a DFM engine. Both are definite improvements and a major reason to choose a T1 over a K1.

Sometimes when you get the itch you just gotta trade. 

Everyone's reasons are different. Everyone justifications are different. 

We have posters that buy a new one very year, and others that always drive older ones and let others take the depreciation and the warranty protection.

Don't forget that the one you are trading in isn't likely going to be scrapped.  It 's going to be that 'great new used' vehicle for somebody else.  

People typically come to forums to learn how to do ''mods' and 'upgrades' (enthusiasts) or to search out info about a problem or as part of research of something they are considering buying.

Not often people search out a forum to say I got the new vehicle and thought the internet needed to know that I'm happy with it. 

GM sells nearly 1,000,000 trucks per year.  Way more if you count the SUV's.

We have how many represented here?

I traded in my 2014 Silverado for a 2020 Silverado. There is a lot of differences.

Much better ride, quieter and I am happy over all.

I got the crew cab and it has the sliding back window. I've run it through the car wash several times already and mine doesn't leak at all. I give it a good inspection every time.

I did what a lot of guys here frown on, I bought the 2.7T 4 cylinder. So far it's great.

I don't pull a trailer anymore so I thought why not. I guarantee you it would outrun my 14 with the 5.3 all day long. It has plenty of get up and go with that turbo.

One thing I don't like is the small fuel tank they are putting in the trucks now.

Other than that I'm happy!

Good luck!

I hate to be a stick in the mud... But. For 40 years do to miles driven I bought a new truck every two years or so. Up until my 14 GMC. Ride and wind noise improved with just about every one. Brands didn’t matter. The tec and engine modification such as cylinder deactivation, stop start etc has lesson reliability. I rarely had a problem running my vehicles up to 180K miles. I now buy older trucks in retirement. If you have a reliable truck keep it as long as you can. You can always upgrade your radio if that’s your thing. Me with my latest purchase I bought a Bluetooth speaker. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't had any issues with mine truck ( no sliding window)…..but am sure they would do a flood test on it for you if you choose to buy one with one on it....I am happy with my truck, I just wish I would have got a few options I didn't think would be a big deal but kinda is...that was my fault though....