Jump to content

Coronavirus


KARNUT

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:
       
       
       
       

 

Sweden now 32% more deaths than the US per million population. Much higher than just a few days ago. 

 

World curve which was nearly flat now gaining again. The news and the numbers seem to differ. ?

Sweden was good with being the canary in the coal mine.

 

As for flat and gaining again is believable.  Bring this a little closer to the US (Pasadena).  Reported in LA news, last month a young lady went to a party of about 30 people in which no one was wearing a mask or distancing.  She was coughing and joked she had covid.  Found out today she and five family members tested positive for the virus.  Officials are saying this impacted probably 1000 people.

Edited by The Zip
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Zip said:

Suffering from a tragic loss may not have anything to do with it.  Riverside city council (California) revoked their social distancing and face mask policy, so folks are acting in compliance with the rules of their city. 

Interesting point.  I believe the recommendations still exist but having the choice to follow them was the issue.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just saw a report on Dr. Fauci. Seems he was around an infected White House person. Here’s where it gets interesting. He’s going to modify isolate. Ok, that begs this question. He has claimed that more widespread testing needs to be available to open fully. This dude has access to the latest and greatest. Even the five minute test. So is he blowing smoke with the whole testing thing? If the five minute thing isn’t the end all what is? Surly he knows a vaccine can’t be what we’re waiting for. Even if possible it’s years away. This whole thing is full of contradictions. He’s the leader of them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another contradiction. The university of Toronto claims summer heat will not slow the spread of covid-19. A few weeks ago at a presser an expert said something different. There’s something for everyone if you look just a little. We’re starting wk two in Texas with our opening. You doomsayers need to keep an eye on us. We should be dropping like flies in about a week. We just had our second Saturday dinner at a restaurant. Semi normalcy feels great. I just need one more state to open to make a trip East. Reminds me of that Christmas commercial. OPEN, OPEN, OPEN!

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve just seen reports that already some areas are experiencing increasing cases with opening. What’s the surprise? If isolation worked that’s is what’s bound to happen. People forget the whole exercise was to flatten the curve.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Another contradiction. The university of Toronto claims summer heat will not slow the spread of covid-19. A few weeks ago at a presser an expert said something different. There’s something for everyone if you look just a little. We’re starting wk two in Texas with our opening. You doomsayers need to keep an eye on us. We should be dropping like flies in about a week. We just had our second Saturday dinner at a restaurant. Semi normalcy feels great. I just need one more state to open to make a trip East. Reminds me of that Christmas commercial. OPEN, OPEN, OPEN!

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's why I watch the numbers. Russia and Sweden are on a rip. But so is Chile and South Africa. Our spring, their fall.

 

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I’ve just seen reports that already some areas are experiencing increasing cases with opening. What’s the surprise? If isolation worked that’s is what’s bound to happen. People forget the whole exercise was to flatten the curve.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was PART of the exercise, yes, not the entire exercise....

 

I think (IMHO) that this virus is mindless and the strain is mutating. Both science and reason can confirm that much. Which means it's a bit like throwing darts at a board swinging on a rope. But reason would also tell a person that you can't catch what  you're not exposed to. Staying in your room will not protect you from it IF the virus lives on more than people...which it does. 

 

It might be true that the majority of the dead are us older folks. But as a younger person, if I were one, would take note of the unique and cruel ways it kills the young. Odds may be better but the end........YIKES!!

 

The way this is unfolding would keep anyone, expert or not, guessing on a daily basis. Hey, it only took man about 5,000 years to discover germs/bacteria and learn to kill those....A novel virus shouldn't take to long..eh?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Just saw a report on Dr. Fauci. Seems he was around an infected White House person. Here’s where it gets interesting. He’s going to modify isolate. Ok, that begs this question. He has claimed that more widespread testing needs to be available to open fully. This dude has access to the latest and greatest. Even the five minute test. So is he blowing smoke with the whole testing thing? If the five minute thing isn’t the end all what is? Surly he knows a vaccine can’t be what we’re waiting for. Even if possible it’s years away. This whole thing is full of contradictions. He’s the leader of them.

It was reported that he'll be tested daily.  The modified isolation just means that if he needs to leave isolation there will be extra precautions in place for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went to Walmart yesterday.

I waited inside by one of doors for 30 mins. while the wife shopped.  

Surprised at the number of people without masks.

 

There was a Walmart employee inside by the door counting the people with and without masks as they entered.

 

:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Just saw a report on Dr. Fauci. Seems he was around an infected White House person. Here’s where it gets interesting. He’s going to modify isolate. Ok, that begs this question. He has claimed that more widespread testing needs to be available to open fully. This dude has access to the latest and greatest. Even the five minute test. So is he blowing smoke with the whole testing thing? If the five minute thing isn’t the end all what is? Surly he knows a vaccine can’t be what we’re waiting for. Even if possible it’s years away. This whole thing is full of contradictions. He’s the leader of them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont Trust that dr Fauci.   I personally feel he brought that corona into the WH

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

Went to Walmart yesterday.

I waited inside by one of doors for 30 mins. while the wife shopped.  

Surprised at the number of people without masks.

 

There was a Walmart employee inside by the door counting the people with and without masks as they entered.

 

:)

Walked out of a Casey's yesterday with my mask on and a fella bulled his way past me going it without...in the door way! 6 mm? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Walked out of a Casey's yesterday with my mask on and a fella bulled his way past me going it without...in the door way! 6 mm? 

There will be buck the system exceptions, but it's hard to maintain 6ft even if everyone is trying.  I can live with a mask, less than 6ft, and definitely don't touch me.  Other than wide open spaces, I am seeing a majority of folks wearing masks.  The problem going forward for me is when locations rescind the mask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kristy Tim said:

I dont Trust that dr Fauci.   I personally feel he brought that corona into the WH

Well, it was May 5th (Cinco De Mayo) when it happened, probably got a good deal on the beer.....

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was reported that he'll be tested daily.  The modified isolation just means that if he needs to leave isolation there will be extra precautions in place for him.

What 12 ft apart, and a double mask? If the five minute testing isn’t enough nothing is.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was PART of the exercise, yes, not the entire exercise....

 

I think (IMHO) that this virus is mindless and the strain is mutating. Both science and reason can confirm that much. Which means it's a bit like throwing darts at a board swinging on a rope. But reason would also tell a person that you can't catch what  you're not exposed to. Staying in your room will not protect you from it IF the virus lives on more than people...which it does. 
 
It might be true that the majority of the dead are us older folks. But as a younger person, if I were one, would take note of the unique and cruel ways it kills the young. Odds may be better but the end........YIKES!!
 
The way this is unfolding would keep anyone, expert or not, guessing on a daily basis. Hey, it only took man about 5,000 years to discover germs/bacteria and learn to kill those....A novel virus shouldn't take to long..eh?

The fact is we need to open. Farmers are throwing away food. I’m seeing once thriving business close. Starvation is a bad way to go. I guess if all the mom and pop business go at least the China back business will thrive. One cruise line is about to give up, looking for a buyer. I’m seeing a growing list a business on the brink. The city of Dallas is laying off, I’m sure there’s more cities and counties doing the same. And on and on. The bad stuff hasn’t started yet. I know you wouldn’t budge, let’s stay home till whatever. It can’t be done.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.