In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Coronavirus

KARNUT

This is where the wind falls out or sail stops working...Shocked?  Nope...Testing 10X as many...cases dropping?  Shocked?  Nope...Cases rising in Hinterlands....Yup, Some areas....Shocked?  You shouldn't be it's the natural right side of the curve....We are no loosing steam and clipping down..down...down!  Shocked?  Nope!

Gonna be slowing going on the death count here on out!  Shocked, Nope!  

Glad I don't have cable to watch the Coumo Boys spin this into LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!  I NEED 30,000 Ventilators NOW!  Coumo?  Could you send more Covid-19 patients to nursing homes next time?  Thanks-Donny T.

I would have a hard time listening to anything from Como. After the way he put the elderly at risk. And they die because of it. He seems only interested in being in front of the camera and federal money to bail out New York over their fiscal policies. Figuring out a way to go back to work to get his money the old fashion way. Through taxes. Should be his priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

Glad I don't have cable to watch the Coumo Boys spin this into LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!  I NEED 30,000 Ventilators NOW!  Coumo?  Could you send more Covid-19 patients to nursing homes next time?  Thanks-Donny T.

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

I would have a hard time listening to anything from Como. After the way he put the elderly at risk. And they die because of it. He seems only interested in being in front of the camera and federal money to bail out New York over their fiscal policies. \

You know what I would like to see?

You're going to hear it anyway.

:rollin: 

I'd like to see you two perfect people with your very own states.

Your very own new to the world virus.

Yep, the perfect twins showing us ignorant souls how it's done PERFECTLY.

From the beginning. No free help of hind sight.

You'd have peed your pants.

I LOVE ham sandwiches but I'm not going to eat it because Andy handed it to me.

:cry:

Get a grip you two.

:wtf:

Yep peed your pants. 

:crackup:

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, CamGTP said:

There is no way is hell that any state can get 14 days of declines in numbers if you keep testing more people every single day.

I was looking at it more as the nation is somewhere between 70% open and 30% closed.  Are the percentage closer to open moving too fast or the percentage closer to closed moving too slow?  Either way, if they border each other it's going to be a problem, in cause to your point.  Somewhere in the country as we test more, you may never get to 14 straight days of decline. 

Also the 14 day limit in the "Guidelines for Opening Up America Again" was just a proposal by the federal gov.  The federal gov may have voiced an opinion about a governor's choice, but was ok with them doing what they thought was best.  The bottom line, it was just a proposal. 

Edited by The Zip
  • Like 1

I have some questions? What happened to the Flu this year and late last year? Did the New virus get rid of it?  Every year we hear about the Flu on cases and deaths and not once have we heard about it, kinda makes we wonder. You would think with all the testing they would report so many cases were the Flu and so many was the virus. Is the flu cases being counted as the virus to drive the count up?

I know a guy that contacted the virus tested positive 2 weeks ago and got it from his girl friend as she works in the medical field, I talked to him 2 days ago by phone and he told me all he feels is tired and almost feeling back to normal, he said the Flu felt 3 times worse then this. Like I said it makes me wonder about this whole virus reporting.

53 minutes ago, Silverado4x4 said:

You would think with all the testing they would report so many cases were the Flu and so many was the virus.

I know a guy that contacted the virus tested positive 2 weeks ago and got it from his girl friend as she works in the medical field, I talked to him 2 days ago by phone and he told me all he feels is tired and almost feeling back to normal, he said the Flu felt 3 times worse then this.

Not being funny here, but the flu is not the new toy.

If this guy tested positive and he believes the flu is 3 times worse, it's likely he may have gotten a weak mutated strain and/or a strong immune system.

What state does he live in?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Silverado4x4 said:

I have some questions? What happened to the Flu this year and late last year? Did the New virus get rid of it?  Every year we hear about the Flu on cases and deaths and not once have we heard about it, kinda makes we wonder. You would think with all the testing they would report so many cases were the Flu and so many was the virus. Is the flu cases being counted as the virus to drive the count up?

I know a guy that contacted the virus tested positive 2 weeks ago and got it from his girl friend as she works in the medical field, I talked to him 2 days ago by phone and he told me all he feels is tired and almost feeling back to normal, he said the Flu felt 3 times worse then this. Like I said it makes me wonder about this whole virus reporting.

Nor did they report any other disease. Flu isn't in the light right now. But still there. 

Wife and I have been together 30 years. She's had the flu like twice and shrugs it off in like two days. I get it nearly every year and it darn near killed me three years ago. Ran a fever of 104 for a week. Lived in and ice bath and ate Tylenol like candy. But since she doesn't suffer it must not be that big a deal. 

Where does this line of thinking come from? C'mon man!  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

...darn near killed me three years ago. Ran a fever of 104 for a week.

A week, 104 degree fever fries the brain.  Had to send my brother's brain to Duke University, 105 degree fever for a week.  You are lucky to be here.

• Thanks 1

Someone asked me how I would run a state. I was a GM at 25. They pissed me off and I started a competing business a year later. Successfully sold it 18 months later after proving a point. Invested in the family business. Retired with a buy out at 58. To run a state. I’d be somewhere between Florida and Texas. Not like Como. The guy that sent sick elderly people to nursing homes. Causing the high number of deaths as a result. No not like him. Thriving states are easy to see, just look around. No pants pissing needed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KARNUT said:

He seems only interested in being in front of the camera and federal money to bail out New York over their fiscal policies. Figuring out a way to go back to work to get his money the old fashion way. Through taxes. Should be his priority.

Just gonna put this out there.  https://worldpopulationreview.com/states/federal-aid-by-state/

It's an interesting read, to see how much each state gets.

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

Someone asked me how I would run a state. I was a GM at 25. They pissed me off and I started a competing business a year later. Successfully sold it 18 months later after proving a point. Invested in the family business. Retired with a buy out at 58. To run a state. I’d be somewhere between Florida and Texas. Not like Como. The guy that sent sick elderly people to nursing homes. Causing the high number of deaths as a result. No not like him. Thriving states are easy to see, just look around. No pants pissing needed.

Amazing. I said no looking back and what do you do? Answer with what only can be seen in the rear view mirror. You wouldn't know what those two states looked like until AFTER the result......They are easy to see once they've passed you. It was a simple instruction.

BTW...your engaging again :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

You know what I would like to see?

You're going to hear it anyway.

:rollin: 

I'd like to see you two perfect people with your very own states.

Your very own new to the world virus.

Yep, the perfect twins showing us ignorant souls how it's done PERFECTLY.

From the beginning. No free help of hind sight.

You'd have peed your pants.

I LOVE ham sandwiches but I'm not going to eat it because Andy handed it to me.

:cry:

Get a grip you two.

:wtf:

Yep peed your pants. 

:crackup:

I am nowhere near perfect gumps....I am honest is all.  Any administration would have made this a boondoggle without question....Problem is the politics and media have twisted this into something only in AMERICA could dream of.  Take Flynn for example? Really?  I mean taking precautions,mitigating doing what needs to be done and proactively segregating the Uber Elder along with social distancing and much of what the country did....Could really be done without closing most of the country and blaming the present administration?  

I have seen administrations for decades and never seen anybody quite attacked and gone after like this from the onset and unrelenting from that point on?  Honestly, Donald has even gotten much accomplished through all this which is a testament far overlooked or praised.  Many.Many things I don't agree with that man but I need somebody to hold CHINA accountable, even the Trade agreements, Protect the boarder, fix the useless military Veteran benefits.  Put AMERICA FIRST!!  the list goes on and on.....Hey, add another 3-4Trillion on to this so I can bail out Illinois,N.Y. CA etc.etc. Wait....Donald would question that?  Rightfully so...a pandemic to clear these debt ridden run states?  Only Democrats could think that up!

This is the first person and first step in having the people get control back to and for the people!  Wonder why everybody is acting this way?  Because the RED/BLUE Politicians in general are seeing their own demise and they are fighting like 4-5 year olds to keep that playground for themselves.  I can't stand politicians but I will TAKE DONNIE BABY any day of the week over those idiotic right wing liberal ZEALOTS!

Because where they want to go is not AMERICA FOLKS NOT AT ALL!  

Edited by mookdoc6
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 6:27 AM, KARNUT said:

All eyes are on Georgia. Remember they did a hard opening. Even the president was saying it was too much. Their numbers are going down.

How long ago was the opening? (I honestly can't keep my days and weeks straight any more.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mookdoc6 said:

..but I need somebody to hold CHINA accountable, ...

Americans beat up on China, warranted or not.  Read a 2018 Commerce Dept report that said that 90% of all drugs, 91% hydrocortisone, 70% acetaminophen, 45% pennicillin, and also a majority of PPE comes from China. 

Because of China, we have covid 19, and tens of thousands dead.  Without China, we have covid 19, and hundreds of thousands dead. 

Is this just lip service, in front of the screen talk about China and a different cigar smoking session behind the screen or what?

• Like 1