Coronavirus

KARNUT

I swear Stan, you could watch a hurricane blow a tree flat to the ground and still swear it never budged. 

I don’t know? Are you moving. You continue to put up scary stats. Yes I’ve moved to flatten the curve. Even rolling lock downs, rinse repeat as needed. Learn to employ new strategy’s as needed. I’m pretty sure like me you’re set. I am free to zig, zag assets. The people I worry about are the ones who feel cornered see no light. Things can get nasty and violent. I see different vehicles casing my neighborhood. I look better off than I am. Paranoid maybe. Losing everything makes people do things they wouldn’t normally do. Give them the freedom to work, it’s worth the risk. There’s talk of 20 percent unemployment next week. That’s scary. I heard on the radio today that people aren’t going to the doctors. Clinics may close. Private practice may shut down. Maybe people should emphasize 98 percent recovery for a change and stop scaring people. It’s isn’t all grim, you wouldn’t know it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/10/2020 at 8:29 AM, Grumpy Bear said:

I think (IMHO) that this virus is mindless and the strain is mutating. Both science and reason can confirm that much.

Read up on mutation because for me, there has always been a negative connotation.  A mutation could be good or bad, hope this virus ultimately mutates to a level that instills consumer confidence.  Without that, recovery will be unacceptably slow.

Edited by The Zip

Had a Google Meeting earlier today about how we would proceed with teaching next school year.  The idea right now would be to have the teachers continue to create instructional videos for the students to watch and complete assignments.  Then, break the normal school day into 2 sessions with half of the school population attending each session so they could meet with their teachers and ask questions.  It's not going to be good for the students.  I'm ready to isolate myself from my family to prevent potential exposure to them so I can teach effectively.  This will easily be one of the biggest challenges I'll ever have to face in my career.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I don’t know? Are you moving. You continue to put up scary stats. Yes I’ve moved to flatten the curve. Even rolling lock downs, rinse repeat as needed. Learn to employ new strategy’s as needed. I’m pretty sure like me you’re set. I am free to zig, zag assets. The people I worry about are the ones who feel cornered see no light. Things can get nasty and violent. I see different vehicles casing my neighborhood. I look better off than I am. Paranoid maybe. Losing everything makes people do things they wouldn’t normally do. Give them the freedom to work, it’s worth the risk. There’s talk of 20 percent unemployment next week. That’s scary. I heard on the radio today that people aren’t going to the doctors. Clinics may close. Private practice my shut down. Maybe people should emphasize 98 percent recovery for a change and stop scaring people. It’s isn’t all grim, you wouldn’t know it though.

Well I honestly didn't see that coming. 

You just want what you want. 

FULL AGREEMENT and CENSORSHIP!

CONTROL!

Tell me Stan. How does one go about a rolling lock down, as needed of course, without looking at SCARY STATS?

Your becoming irrational.

Ya know that movie bit where the woman is screaming hysterically and the fellow slaps her to calm her down?

:idiot:

Cool down man. Your going to pop a circuit.

:dunno:

5 hours ago, Ithan Henry said:

The idea right now would be to have the teachers continue to create instructional videos for the students to watch and complete assignments.  Then, break the normal school day into 2 sessions with half of the school population attending each session so they could meet with their teachers and ask questions.  It's not going to be good for the students.

Not good for the students right now, but this sounds like a social distancing idea.  I've always liked an idea vs no idea.  Your commitment is commendable.  

Edited by The Zip
  • Like 1

Well I honestly didn't see that coming. 

You just want what you want. 

FULL AGREEMENT and CENSORSHIP!

CONTROL!

Tell me Stan. How does one go about a rolling lock down, as needed of course, without looking at SCARY STATS?

Your becoming irrational.

Ya know that movie bit where the woman is screaming hysterically and the fellow slaps her to calm her down?

:idiot:

Cool down man. Your going to pop a circuit.

:dunno:

Last post to you I give up. I will say though. I’ve seen stats that show bad and not so bad. You choose the worst of the worst. You like the WHO and The CDC until they don’t agree with you. You seemed to emphasize the worst, I go the opposite. It healthier less scary and offers hope. That’s not censorship, it just optimistic. Like I said I before and mean it. No more engagement.

39 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Last post to you I give up. I will say though. I’ve seen stats that show bad and not so bad. You choose the worst of the worst. You like the WHO and The CDC until they don’t agree with you. You seemed to emphasize the worst, I go the opposite. It healthier less scary and offers hope. That’s not censorship, it just optimistic. Like I said I before and mean it. No more engagement.

Yea? You've said that before.  :)

That is a flat out lie and you know it. I don't emphasize anything. I cut and paste report. I do point out when someone is cherry picking their information like the CDC cut and paste done without the disclaimers that said it was a partial and incomplete report. I discontinued WHO/Johns Hopkins when they stopped updating daily preventing tracking when under Trump attack. SPEAK the truth. 

I have changed to Google only because they are transparent and have a daily cut off time. Just easier to use. Locally I use Illinois department of health numbers.

Like every cat caught in a corner you just come out claws and hiss.

You did not answer how one controls with data without looking at data. 
You can't control with cherry picked 'hopeful' data. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Zip said:

Together!!

The downturn in spending and investment led to factories and other businesses to slow down production and begin firing their workers.  For those lucky enough to remain employed, wages fell and buying power decreased.  Farmers couldn't afford to harvest their crops and were forced to leave them rotting in the fields.

This info is 90 yr old news when the cost of living was around 25% of what it is today.  If we don't get out of this together, we won't.

45 minutes ago, BigBlueLB756 said:

All seriousness aside, how do we get out of this mess?

(I knew you really didn't have an answer.)

We don't.

But we can survive it. 

There is not a human, ruler or otherwise, on this planet that has an iron clad way out that leaves everyone whole. This isn't new. These types of situations have been with us for millenniums. This one just has the lights turned up high enough to catch everyone's attention. It's current and in your face but it isn't new at all. However, it is intensified.

Plague of Justinian

541 CE

Kills 1/2 of the worlds population

1346-1353 CE Bubonic Plague

Kills 1/3 of the earths population.

1400 CE Small Pox

North America

Kills between 90-95% of the indigenous populations of the US and Canada

Kills 10 million of the 11 million people living in Mexico.

2370 Noahchian Flood

Kills all but eight people on the planet.

All along there have been repeated encounters with with such events. A dozen world powers have come to power and fallen. Economies crash in every episode. And.....we live on. Do you know what the first three events have in common with this one?

No Vaccine

On a more positive note, my wife's Cystic Fibrosis doctors have told her that based upon data from infected CF patients, COVID-19 isn't as life threatening as they anticipated.  I wonder if it may have something to do with a medication that the patients were taking.  Hopefully, they'll look to see if there are any commonalities with those infected patients' medications and test them on the virus.  Considering that CF attacks the lungs, this data was quite the surprise.  

• Like 1