Coronavirus

KARNUT

2 hours ago, graystonelbz said:

I wouldn't bother arguing with people that have been wrong in this thread for weeks and hoping for the sky to fall.

No one wants the sky to fall.  I'd rather be prepared for the worst and not have it happen as opposed to putting my head in the sand and hoping it all goes away.

• Like 2

Your post are confusing. I have a hard time telling when your talking about a place in the world and the place where you are. 

Sky isn't falling because???????? People are cooperating.

Have you seen the new USA map on Johns Hopkins? Take note of the hot spot areas. Your area isn't one of them. Look further than your backyard and you will see mitigation.  

You need to re-read my post, or block me. You are confused. I’m well aware of what’s going on. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

You need to re-read my post, or block me. You are confused. I’m well aware of what’s going on. Thank you.

You misunderstand sir. I'm not the least confused about what IS. I'm confused about which area each sentence in your post refers too. Re-read and still can make heads or tails of it.  

There is ALLOT going on. 90% of it is noise. I have exactly one agenda. Keeping myself and my family healthy and alive. I could care less whos right, whose wrong, whos sad, mad, glad or running for dog catcher or the party preference of the dog. I don't care about ratings and I most certainly can tell the difference between spin on what I hear and what I've heard. My eyes are not lying. 

People get blocked when they get aggressively personal and tell me I'm not seeing exactly what's in front of me and stupid for not agreeing with them. When they become irrational. Irrational is NOT someone simply disagreeing with you. But believing it is....is. You've crossed no line with me. We've butted heads before without blood letting. Why would this be different? 

• Like 1

You misunderstand sir. I'm not the least confused about what IS. I'm confused about which area each sentence in your post refers too. Re-read and still can make heads or tails of it.  

There is ALLOT going on. 90% of it is noise. I have exactly one agenda. Keeping myself and my family healthy and alive. I could care less whos right, whose wrong, whos sad, mad, glad or running for dog catcher or the party preference of the dog. I don't care about ratings and I most certainly can tell the difference between spin on what I hear and what I've heard. My eyes are not lying. 

People get blocked when they get aggressively personal and tell me I'm not seeing exactly what's in front of me and stupid for not agreeing with them. When they become irrational. Irrational is NOT someone simply disagreeing with you. But believing it is....is. You've crossed no line with me. We've butted heads before without blood letting. Why would this be different? 

The only thing we really disagreed on from the beginning is how bad this is. It continues to be not as bad. I’m very, very skeptical this has been mitigated to the extent we’re being told. California should be really bad off. Just with the gathering across country at grocery stores in the beginning and the infection rates. New Orleans with Madi Gras should be a war zone of infections. Thousands of people spitting on each other beads flying etc. I went to one it’s disgusting. Things just don’t add up. I’ve been say from the beginning of this thread. I haven’t been that far off. Certainly closer than what we’ve been told from the experts. As I said it will bare out we’ll know. I’m definitely not venturing out I don’t want it.

4 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

All I had to do is read the title.

'Hope to prove'. 

Hope isn't science. Hope is spin in this context.

I usually find newspaper headlines don't accurately reflect the story. I read that one and it says they're starting a clinical trial, which sounds like science rather than hope to me. 

3 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

The only thing we really disagreed on from the beginning is how bad this is. It continues to be not as bad. I’m very, very skeptical this has been mitigated to the extent we’re being told. California should be really bad off. Just with the gathering across country at grocery stores in the beginning and the infection rates. New Orleans with Madi Gras should be a war zone of infections. Thousands of people spitting on each other beads flying etc. I went to one it’s disgusting. Things just don’t add up. I’ve been say from the beginning of this thread. I haven’t been that far off. Certainly closer than what we’ve been told from the experts. As I said it will bare out we’ll know. I’m definitely not venturing out I don’t want it.

Stan I'm not sure we even disagree on that. We see the same things...pretty much. I'm going to toss something at the wall and you tell me if you think it sticks. Okay?

If I read you right, and I think I do, you see a less than flu season event and as you are not convinced that mitigation is anything near what is reported. IF that is true than it isn't as deadly as the reports of it claim. Mitigation is the 'hinge" point. The level and degree. If true I would be forced to agree. I'm a reasonable person I think.

I believe the low numbers are due to a very effective set of measures and that IF those measures would not have been put in place these numbers, death, cases, would be horrendous thus quite deadly. Mitigation is the 'hinge" point, the level and degree.

How am I doing so far?  

• Like 1

Stan I'm not sure we even disagree on that. We see the same things...pretty much. I'm going to toss something at the wall and you tell me if you think it sticks. Okay?

If I read you right, and I think I do, you see a less than flu season event and as you are not convinced that mitigation is anything near what is reported. IF that is true than it isn't as deadly as the reports of it claim. Mitigation is the 'hinge" point. The level and degree. If true I would be forced to agree. I'm a reasonable person I think.

I believe the low numbers are due to a very effective set of measures and that IF those measures would not have been put in place these numbers, death, cases, would be horrendous thus quite deadly. Mitigation is the 'hinge" point, the level and degree.

How am I doing so far?  

Based on what I’ve witnessed. I think I’ve said it all along. I don’t believe that this level of shut down was needed. Why? Just driving around grocery store I saw crowds upon crowds. Busier than Christmas. People going nuts. No mitigation. Horrible as it may sound. I believe with warnings for the old, sick to stay home. The country could have stayed open with some restrictions. Then maybe a bad flu year 60-80K deaths. A bad flu year. Just because we were blind sided.

31 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Based on what I’ve witnessed. I think I’ve said it all along. I don’t believe that this level of shut down was needed. Why? Just driving around grocery store I saw crowds upon crowds. Busier than Christmas. People going nuts. No mitigation. Horrible as it may sound. I believe with warnings for the old, sick to stay home. The country could have stayed open with some restrictions. Then maybe a bad flu year 60-80K deaths. A bad flu year. Just because we were blind sided.

Okay so I'm VERY close. Our disagreement is over degree. Not as big as it seemed? 

I watched C-SPAN off and on today. It was LIVE and thus spin free. I also noted the new Johns Hopkins county by county maps that came on line today with specifics about each for the entire USA. A few weeks ago before we had this tool I noted that along the Interstate system you saw clusters of cases spring up. Routes people took leaving hot spots and...taking the virus with them.  Not smart but VERY human to run from a burning building even if you light everything in your path on fire. What ya going to do, right. 

Now I note that the places it was taken to have their own "heat". The level of heat dependent on population DENSITY PER SQUARE measure. As this virus spreads by close contact this makes perfect sense. It can never be as bad in Walworth South Dakota case wise, death toll wise with a population density of 7.7 persons per square mile as the five boroughs of New York City where the density is 26,403 people per square mile. The latter is a person per 1055 square feet. About the size of my garage. The former a person per 3.6 MILLION square feet. Sounds like they ought be treated differently...until you look at medical services available. I made note a day or so ago that we have counties in Illinois with fewer than 4 ICU beds and vents for the ENTIRE county. Walworth is such a county. 4 ICU beds. Not allot for 5,587 people and they are close to NO WHERE. 

Question. How long would it take to create the perfect measured regional response for 3,143 counties? AND synchronize all the moving parts, Education, Labor, Transportation. 

Exactly like you, I watch everyday people not taking it serious. Congregating and ignoring instructions. Yet these are the minority not the majority. At least in my neck of the woods. I have no clue about yours so trust your observations completely.

I hear the same things you hear and the reporting I heard on C-SPAN today during the Trump segment....made me wonder why this guy does not hand the reigns to some second guessing Monday morning quarterback reporter and say,..."Here, you fix it! You seem to have all the answers. Have at".

As educated as our opinions may be and regardless how well we believe our facts to be vetted not a single person on this site would last an hour at the controls. That the case ………….

The numbers will be what the numbers will be when it is all said and done and THEN we can argue over the Whys and What if's.

Keep your head down and your powder dry. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

I usually find newspaper headlines don't accurately reflect the story. I read that one and it says they're starting a clinical trial, which sounds like science rather than hope to me. 

A perfect example of reporter spin to grab the light. Glad you read it. 

14 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

A perfect example of reporter spin to grab the light. Glad you read it. 

Is it spin or is it just editors who only skim their writers' stories before trying to come up with a catchy title? 

• Like 1

Did you know that as of today exactly 1/3 of all confirmed cases in the USA are in the state of New York?

Did you know that 43% of all COVID-19 deaths in the USA are in the state of New York? 

Did you know that 51% of all 'serious' cases in the USA are in the state of New York?

Did you know that 54.5% of all New York State cases are in the county of New York?

Did you know that 73.5% of all COVID-19 fatalities for the state of New York are in the county of New York?

Did you know that the current mortality rate in New York County is 6.68%?

Did you know there are 6,898 dead in just that county.

Did you know that 29% of all COVID-19 deaths come from a single county. New York.  

Did you know that only 6.33% of the population in the county of New York are confirmed infected? 

Now imagine these numbers with an unabated 60-70% infection rate.

Just give it a thought.

Shelter in Place works.  

• Like 1

Did you know that as of today exactly 1/3 of all confirmed cases in the USA are in the state of New York?
Did you know that 43% of all COVID-19 deaths in the USA are in the state of New York? 
Did you know that 51% of all 'serious' cases in the USA are in the state of New York?

Did you know that 54.5% of all New York State cases are in the county of New York?
Did you know that 73.5% of all COVID-19 fatalities for the state of New York are in the county of New York?
Did you know that the current mortality rate in New York County is 6.68%?

Did you know there are 6,898 dead in just that county.
Did you know that 29% of all COVID-19 deaths come from a single county. New York.  

Did you know that only 6.33% of the population in the county of New York are confirmed infected? 
Now imagine these numbers with an unabated 60-70% infection rate.
Just give it a thought.

Shelter in Place works.  

New York is an outlier. Population density and no chance at early warning. If anything they should have been hit harder. Some of their local leaders encourage crowds early on. Their entire local government was claiming 30-40 thousand deaths. New Orleans should have been just as bad. Houston had the live stock show. It went for a few days before the shut down. I know we’re going back and forth on this. I believe semi isolation, you believe total. There’s something going on here. There’s places that should have been hit hard that didn’t mitigate. I think the answer may be this bug has been around longer than the experts know. Some people may not be affected. Or mutation like the cold and flu. They original goal was to keep hospitalization at a minimum. Now some people want a no infection promise. Some doctors are reminding us just who is at risk. People with underlying issues. I believe Tucker Carlson last night said out of all the deaths in New York. 100 people had no underlying issues they could find. That’s the type of numbers that should be front and center. The fear mongering headlines will only encourage fear. It’ll wreck our world as we know it. Time to be more positive. Me I’m at high risk I’ll stay home. I’m mature enough to understand that.