Coronavirus

KARNUT

Dr Fauci seems to be losing the love. He seems to be afraid of losing the spotlight and narrative. He’s seems to be making judgmental statements based on ( facts). Forgetting there’s recordings of recent history. That seemed to be different. Don’t worry Fauci enthusiasts. There’s some out there that have little patience for facts. They’ll embrace him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Dr Fauci seems to be losing the love. He seems to be afraid of losing the spotlight and narrative. He’s seems to be making judgmental statements based on ( facts). Forgetting there’s recordings of recent history. That seemed to be different. Don’t worry Fauci enthusiasts. There’s some out there that little patience for facts. They’ll embrace him.

He hasn't been very consistent from the beginning when he testified in congress. Early on he was sticking up for the WHO, that was probably his biggest public mistake so far now that so many countries have expressed their disappointment in the WHO and their corruption problems. I did hear him admit on Saturday that the misinformation from China set the US back in terms of our response. Some networks have already started to discredit him as a result. Neither him nor Dr. Brix have been very accurate about anything. Back and fourth on the mask issue, largely exaggerated model numbers and their hypothesis have proven to be false so far. Doesn't mean they are horrible people, just doing what scientists do, make a guess and test the theory. Maybe it was necessary in their minds to exaggerate numbers to make people take it seriously and buy in to the stay at home thing. I think their celebrity status is going to be soon forgotten. We'll be going back to normal very soon, its just too bad that so many people are gonna continue to live in fear for quite some time over deception.

Edited by graystonelbz
  • Like 1

The alleged ties that Fauci and Brix both have to the Gates foundation should be considered and questioned right now. Bill Gates is a terrible human being. John Hopkins University also exposed their bias on Sunday morning, their credibility is also gone. There is a guy from MN, Mike Osterholm who is also championing the shut down forever cause. Look into these people's backgrounds a bit to see what motives they may have.

Edited by graystonelbz

Will most of humanity be infected by the new coronavirus?

It is likely that eventually it will become endemic, and most of us will get infected. But one question is super important: How long will it take for that to happen? If it happens in a few months, every hospital will be overwhelmed and people will not be treated for coronavirus or other diseases. If it happens that fast, it will be an unprecedented disaster. However, if we do our best in terms of prevention by practicing social distancing, reducing travel, not going to work when we’re sick, we could slow spread of the disease. If the same 60-70% infection of the global population is spread over 3 years, then hospitals don’t get overwhelmed, people can get treated, and we have time to develop a vaccine—it’s a completely different story.The difference between it happening fast or slow is potentially the difference between a 1918 flu level event and a bad flu season level event. We have control over that.

Justin Lessler is an associate professor of Epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, graystonelbz said:

The alleged ties that Fauci and Brix both have to the Gates foundation should be considered and questioned right now. Bill Gates is a terrible human being.

Gates is a well documented philanthropist.  How is he a terrible human being?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Dr Fauci seems to be losing the love. He seems to be afraid of losing the spotlight and narrative. He’s seems to be making judgmental statements based on ( facts). Forgetting there’s recordings of recent history. That seemed to be different. Don’t worry Fauci enthusiasts. There’s some out there that have little patience for facts. They’ll embrace him.

Why do you think he wants the spotlight?  I think he's doing his job, and yes, along the way mistakes will be made.  We know very little about this virus so this entire ordeal has been pieced together from the beginning.  I think overall, this administration has done what they could to deal with this crisis.  Coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn't matter right now.  All that matters is that we get it correct moving forward.  Continue the studies, maintain social distancing, and in a few weeks we should have peaked and can start planning on how to open up the country again without sacrificing all the work we've done to manage the pandemic.  

• Like 1

The virus side of things are losing steam. You can tell because the finger pointing has begun now that the scary death scenarios aren't happening as predicted. The real story is going to be what happens with the WHO and China. War could be on the Horizon with China. Japan is trying to pull out of China and many other countries are saying they will follow suit. Last year China had their worst year economically and between that and the PR nightmare of this virus they are undoubtedly going to be in a very tough spot in the near future.

Edited by graystonelbz
  • Like 1

I’m not questioning the talent. He was out this weekend saying he wasn’t listen too. After early saying everything is being done he’s suggested. It’s a new bug mistakes were made. The doctor needs to be careful pointing fingers. He’s in the mix. It’s recorded.

• Like 1

Scientists will be viewed differently in the future when intertwined with politics. The climate change arguments don't hold the same water now that we see how the art of science (guessing) works when applied to real life. What have we learned? Predicting virus outcomes is very similar to weather forecasting....at best sometimes partially correct, but not something that you should change your day or life over.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ithan Henry said:

Why do you think he wants the spotlight?  I think he's doing his job, and yes, along the way mistakes will be made.  We know very little about this virus so this entire ordeal has been pieced together from the beginning.  I think overall, this administration has done what they could to deal with this crisis.  Coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn't matter right now.  All that matters is that we get it correct moving forward.  Continue the studies, maintain social distancing, and in a few weeks we should have peaked and can start planning on how to open up the country again without sacrificing all the work we've done to manage the pandemic.  

I, as always, have no opinion of the administration. That said this is as level headed a comment I've yet to read. 

Remainder general comment. 

When some say, 'we should' or "I think....." or "I would"....well, makes it sound as if one has a say in the matter. That if THEY were in charge THEY would have the right answers, simple solutions and would have us out of this already. When you pass judgement on one in the front line are you not elevating yourself in effect asserting you know more than they? That you would be mistake free. Really? Isn't that the definition of arrogance? 

People tell me I don't know much. Well I do know this, I'm not anyone with an actual say, a front line decision makers. I have no room to judge those that are. Pretty sure no one at GM-Trucks.com does either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KARNUT said:

I’m not questioning the talent. He was out this weekend saying he wasn’t listen too. After early saying everything is being done he’s suggested. It’s a new bug mistakes were made. The doctor needs to be careful pointing fingers. He’s in the mix. It’s recorded.

Rest assured he will not suffer the same scrutiny that our elected leaders do. He isn't the one they are after.

• Like 3

The fear mongering folks starting to back pedal, make excuses, and start the finger pointing that was inevitable. Glad that a certain someone mentioned blocking other users...not having to read through convoluted nonsense sure is a time saver ?

Edited by graystonelbz

22 minutes ago, graystonelbz said:

Scientists will be viewed differently in the future when intertwined with politics. The climate change arguments don't hold the same water now that we see how the art of science (guessing) works when applied to real life. What have we learned? Predicting virus outcomes is very similar to weather forecasting....at best sometimes partially correct, but not something that you should change your day or life over.

Science isn't about "guessing", there's a process called the scientific method.  

The Six Steps
  • Purpose/Question. Ask a question.
  • Research. Conduct background research. ... 
  • Hypothesis. Propose a hypothesis. ... 
  • Experiment. Design and perform an experiment to test your hypothesis. ... 
  • Data/Analysis. Record observations and analyze the meaning of the data. ... 
  • Conclusion.

Without science there is no medicine or technology.  Anytime predictions are made, there is a percentage of error built into the model.  It's all taught in school, just a matter of whether or not you paid attention to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Will most of humanity be infected by the new coronavirus?

It is likely that eventually it will become endemic, and most of us will get infected. But one question is super important: How long will it take for that to happen? If it happens in a few months, every hospital will be overwhelmed and people will not be treated for coronavirus or other diseases. If it happens that fast, it will be an unprecedented disaster. However, if we do our best in terms of prevention by practicing social distancing, reducing travel, not going to work when we’re sick, we could slow spread of the disease. If the same 60-70% infection of the global population is spread over 3 years, then hospitals don’t get overwhelmed, people can get treated, and we have time to develop a vaccine—it’s a completely different story.The difference between it happening fast or slow is potentially the difference between a 1918 flu level event and a bad flu season level event. We have control over that.

Justin Lessler is an associate professor of Epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

The science in this is sound. 60-70% of the population will become infected. Viruses in general are not new nor are their behaviors . But science can not predict human cooperation. This post by Justin Lessler tells you what WILL happen and where the fences are which are months to years.

IF is a real big word in his post. Because the rate it a happens at and the toll it takes depends on COOPERATION.

IF people cooperate, years IF they do not months. 

Of course if people actually understood this then we wouldn't have anything to argue about and no place to point our fingers. 

40 minutes ago, Ithan Henry said:

Science isn't about "guessing", 

Without science there is no medicine or technology.  Anytime predictions are made, there is a percentage of error built into the model.  It's all taught in school, just a matter of whether or not you paid attention to it.

Bingo. Now move a mountain of people that have an agenda to give it up and we have cooperation. 

• Like 1